Options

'I'm Seeing Someone'

Comments

• Options
    geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    lksammkt wrote:
    Oh I hear you...It would of been alot easier if I had transitioned into another relationship - but no I am still not ready. But I am going to take the advice from here and not try so hard to ignore him (cause everyone will know). This guy is still immature and will probably get scared if I made any attempt to say hello. I really don't plan on to take another guy out the door with me - just not my style.

nope, you are wise for saying you are not ready yet, jumping straight into another relationship when not ready will only mess you up even more in the end. anyway you're going to there to have fun with you friends, and that's all that should matter :) And to prove him wrong you don't even have to have another guy by your side, cause having another guy doesn't prove anything, your own happiness within yourself will show everyone and him subconsiously that you're not bothered by it.

whatever happy moments you and your ex had they're all in the past, even if someday you might wish to get back together things will never be the same as they were before.....

Focus on having fun, your family and friends. Also before you think of anyone else, you should always come first, think what's good for you and what you really deserve. My suggestion is not to think about it at all, just go with the flow.

And above all dance, drink to excess ( but sensibly ) and have a laugh!!! :) I hope you enjoy your party!!
  • Options
    lksammktlksammkt Posts: 127
    genie wrote:
    nope, you are wise for saying you are not ready yet, jumping straight into another relationship when not ready will only mess you up even more in the end. anyway you're going to there to have fun with you friends, and that's all that should matter :) And to prove him wrong you don't even have to have another guy by your side, cause having another guy doesn't prove anything, your own happiness within yourself will show everyone and him subconsiously that you're not bothered by it.

whatever happy moments you and your ex had they're all in the past, even if someday you might wish to get back together things will never be the same as they were before.....

Focus on having fun, your family and friends. Also before you think of anyone else, you should always come first, think what's good for you and what you really deserve. My suggestion is not to think about it at all, just go with the flow.

And above all dance, drink to excess ( but sensibly ) and have a laugh!!! :) I hope you enjoy your party!!

Whoa that is a pretty awesome comment! This will be probably the 2nd time we have seen each other before the messy ending to the saga. How am I preparing for tomorrow? Going out on a date tonight with a better looking guy than my ex. Genie! - you are right - even if we were cool with each other - that friendship and memories are pretty much gone.

Hower just reading this post - and especially learning more about Soap Makes U Taller, honestly everyone has their own shit they have gone through. Some peoples road is a little more rough than others. Like EV said, I'll ride the wave wherever it takes me."
    I just keep moving on....
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    I know this is going to happen. I know. Just gonna try and quell the fire any way I can....I'm gonna be especially saddened to not be able to squeeze that double-c rack of hers. :) The truth is soulsinging, you and I both know that deep down I want her to be there with me, even this second. But that thought needs to dissipate from my head, or it'll eat me up.

hehe. I have to believe it...you probably never read this, but this is the reason I choose to keep my optimism, and why I probably took something that I thought was pure, our feelings for each other, horribly when she dropped me. I took it hard for a reason, not because I'm a pussy.

It's a read about what happened to me last X-mas eve. And the reason why I am the way I am now. Not a walkover, but I understand the important things in life beyond getting laid. Be warned, this story sucks.

http://theskyiscrape.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=57136

that makes sense. she's doing to you (sort of) what your dad did. that would suck. i never said you were a pussy. shit, i'm still pining for a girl that dumped me a year and a half ago. i still think about her and miss her almost daily. people around here will testify to how fucked up it's made me :) best of luck clinging to optimism. it could be worse... she could have told you she was pregnant with someone else's kid after you married her, right? ;) don't let this make you as twisted and cynical as me. you've had some hard knocks, but at least you've seen the worst of human behavior in relationships, so you've got nowhere to go but up. you already seem further along than i was at your point.
  • Options
    I know this is going to happen. I know. Just gonna try and quell the fire any way I can....I'm gonna be especially saddened to not be able to squeeze that double-c rack of hers. :) The truth is soulsinging, you and I both know that deep down I want her to be there with me, even this second. But that thought needs to dissipate from my head, or it'll eat me up.

hehe. I have to believe it...you probably never read this, but this is the reason I choose to keep my optimism, and why I probably took something that I thought was pure, our feelings for each other, horribly when she dropped me. I took it hard for a reason, not because I'm a pussy.

It's a read about what happened to me last X-mas eve. And the reason why I am the way I am now. Not a walkover, but I understand the important things in life beyond getting laid. Be warned, this story sucks.

http://theskyiscrape.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=57136

that is a f'd up story. i'm sorry you had to go through with something like that, but the honesty must have been such a relief. i am sure something like that is extremely tough but at least it gives you some answers instead of being lead on.

its like that in any relationship. i would rather hear the truth, than be lead on to believe something that has no truth or merit to it.
  • Options
    Thanks you guys.

Today I even brought it out of me to joke with her for a second......and it didn't bother me one bit that her new guy was there. Like you guys have said, there's no where to go but up. And even though there's always going to be split seconds when I look at her in that 'you betrayed my trust' kind of way, at least it didn't have to be dragged out. Disappointments I'm used to, I'm pretty sure she wouldn't have stood a chance anyway with me, she was the first real new relationship I've had since what happened last X-mas, and I held her up to a standard she would have never lived up to. I guess that's just what happens when shit is the norm in your life. You try to be extra careful, or extra loving to something else in return. You just gotta hope that person doesn't question it, and simply gives it back to you.

That story from last year is the reason I understood so much about the guy's longing from Into The Wild. It's like a chapter in my own life. He took it to an extreme, but I can understand his reasoning for wanting to look for that something else that won't cause betrayal. Something absolutely pure. His vision of that was nature's conditions. I guess my own way of going about it is to be a kind to people/strangers in life as I can. I never want anyone to go through what I went through....And sometimes, I'm a casualty of my own rules. At least I know I'm fighting the good fight.
  • Options
    lksammkt wrote:
    Like EV said, I'll ride the wave wherever it takes me."

and that's one of the reasons why i love Eddie Vedder.....

how can any guy come even close to him ;):D
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    genie wrote:
    and that's one of the reasons why i love Eddie Vedder.....

how can any guy come even close to him ;):D

I come pretty close, but I don't like to toot my own horn :)
    NERDS!
  • Options
    people around here will testify to how fucked up it's made me :)

I will testify!! :D
  • Options
    I come pretty close, but I don't like to toot my own horn :)

now, you got me all intrigued :) so please toot your horn as loud as you can :D

and, i have to ask you this......."so....erm do you come here often?" lol and "i think i've seen you somewhere before" ;)
  • Options
    That story from last year is the reason I understood so much about the guy's longing from Into The Wild. It's like a chapter in my own life. He took it to an extreme, but I can understand his reasoning for wanting to look for that something else that won't cause betrayal. Something absolutely pure. His vision of that was nature's conditions. I guess my own way of going about it is to be a kind to people/strangers in life as I can. I never want anyone to go through what I went through....And sometimes, I'm a casualty of my own rules. At least I know I'm fighting the good fight.
    I have to say I absolutely LOVE your attitude. I really hope these aren't just words on a computer screen and that you really really try to have the attitude you speak of. It's the right one and it's the one we should all have... and you're pretty inspirational :o .
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    genie wrote:
    I will testify!! :D
    I'll be witness no. 2 :)

although soulsinging you seem to have calmed down a good bit recently... I think you're making an effort and it's nice to see :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    genie wrote:
    now, you got me all intrigued :) so please toot your horn as loud as you can :D

and, i have to ask you this......."so....erm do you come here often?" lol and "i think i've seen you somewhere before" ;)

Answer # 1 - Yes
    Answer # 2 - No, unless you're checking out my Myspace :)
    NERDS!
  • Options
    Answer # 1 - Yes
    Answer # 2 - No, unless you're checking out my Myspace :)

eh, i don't have myspace anymore.....long story ;):D

but i did check your myspace page, and your rap song made me jump of fear :o
  • Options
    genie wrote:
    eh, i don't have myspace anymore.....long story ;):D

but i did check your myspace page, and your rap song made me jump of fear :o

Ha Ha. I try to put the most annoying songs possible on my page. It worked :D
    NERDS!
  • Options
    Ha Ha. I try to put the most annoying songs possible on my page. It worked :D

damn you! hehe...

too bad you live in Seattle, otherwise i would've met up with you after work. cause your comment about being similar to Ed made me frisky ;):D thank god, guys i meet never say that to me.
  • Options
    genie wrote:
    damn you! hehe...

too bad you live in Seattle, otherwise i would've met up with you after work. cause your comment about being similar to Ed made me frisky ;):D thank god, guys i meet never say that to me.

Well now all the UK boys will know what to say to you. :)
    NERDS!
  • Options
    I have to say I absolutely LOVE your attitude. I really hope these aren't just words on a computer screen and that you really really try to have the attitude you speak of. It's the right one and it's the one we should all have... and you're pretty inspirational :o .

Well thank you! I've never been called that, people just kinda say 'dang' when I tell them all that has happened...because they can't believe I'm not super fucked up in the head. Don't get me wrong, it bothers me, but there's nothing I can do.

So I have an update on the dating at work thing.....need you guys. hehe.

So I get a text on Thanksgiving wishing me a Happy Thanksgiving from her, I replied and said that no matter what, she was someone I was thankful for this year. Then I said, 'One time you asked me to dl a song from you to me, so I have one for you on this day'. And I asked her to dl "Mona Lisas And Mad Hatters' by Elton John. (Almost Famous reference anyone?) :D

Last Friday, she saw me come in, went over to me smiling, and asked how my Thanksgiving went. I simply said, 'You know how it is when you see someone you haven't seen in a while, you forget how much they mean to you.....Like family. I forgot how much they mean to me, ya know?" And she just kinda looked at me and smiled. I get my stuff and walk to my car, she was of course by the mural guy watching him paint, but halfway to my car I hear 'Hey!'. I turn around and there she is, I asked what was up, and she simply said that she wanted to know if she could get a hug from me. (Mind you, I haven't hugged her since this whole debacle weeks ago) I said, sure. And it felt great, but shitty once I left.

Then, just Monday, she saw me come in again, went out of her way to find me and actually came up behind me and messed with me....I've made the decision to be 'that guy' I was before we went out in an attempt to put this behind me. I won't hate her, I won't call her out....whatever. So I'm joking around, and she's laughing, and I said I had to go, and as she said bye she brushed my hand and lightly squeezed it. She hasn't done that since we were going out.....then, wait for it.........she called me later that night. I let it ring till voicemail, but she didn't leave one, so I would call her back. Like a jackass, I did just to show no weakness on my part. She called just to see how I was doing, I played it off telling her funny stories. She even texted me a picture of her new cat....But there it is, she's going out of her way to get my attention. All I did was have her dl a song, and now she's acting the way she did before we went out in a way.

I don't know whether to be embolded, or saddened. I suppose I'll just play it neutral. But I won't be going out of my way to say hello. She can, and she can call if she wants....but I don't let feeling blind me to what has happened.

Maybe the grass isn't so green on the other side....and I bet she just misses the things I bring to the table that Mr. I Paint Murals but have a personality as dry as the paint on the wall new guy. I'm a maestro with words, and shoot off like my hero Vinny Vaughn on a good day with the rants. And yeah, they're damn funny too!

ps. The Mural kinda looks like shit now. Instead of using a grid to exponentially increase the size of the drawing on a regular 8x11 paper and simply blowing it up to larger size, this idiot got the dimensions wrong by eyeballing it and now there's buildings and trees sticking out of the box that was originally meant to contain the picture (10ftx10ft)

pss. Yeah, I can actually do what the 'new guy' can. She just doesn't know it because I never told her, and I'm a studying graphic illustrator, and I play a mean RVM on guitar.

Can you tell I have no problem at this point in the confidence dept? hehe. :D
  • Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    The Champ wrote:
    If only soap made your dick longer, you might still be banging this chick..

Oh yeah, I remember this thread..I hope it worked out well for everyone involved..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    I need Soulsinging and Heineken! :)
  • Options
    I need Soulsinging and Heineken! :)
    sorry, but I think she's seeing you as her fallback guy :( . Don't let her. She treated you like crap and now she's coming back to treat you like crap again. That's how it seems from where I am. Although if you really like her around as a friend, stick to that but please don't be under any illusions :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    nice looks like you handled things better than i did. i definitely called my ex out becasue she was a selfish bitch. she wronged me big time and i made sure that she knows how much i despise her. but most likely, she doesnt care.

oh well...moving on to the next one.
  • Options
    sorry, but I think she's seeing you as her fallback guy :( . Don't let her. She treated you like crap and now she's coming back to treat you like crap again. That's how it seems from where I am. Although if you really like her around as a friend, stick to that but please don't be under any illusions :o

im with her. im glad you feel confident but your play-by-play of every move she made and how superior you are to the other guy sounds like a pep talk... more like trying to convince yourself she might wise up and come back. she won't. helen's right, you're being used. she likes the attention you give her (the being thankful for her at thanksgiving sort of thing has got to stop, do that again and ill kick your ass!) and now she knows that despite her sticking it to you, you're going to keep taking it like a devoted puppy dog and whisper sweet nothings that feed her ego. so she'll keep flirting with you cos it's fun and feels good, and she'll keep you on deck just in case nobody else works out.
  • Options
    (the being thankful for her and thanksgiving things has got to stop, do that again and ill kick your ass!)
    Me too :o

I'm gonna talk like soulsinging here and suggest you shag her, get it over with and then suggest you just be friends. This girl, I'm sorry, sounds like she wants everything her way but doesn't know what she wants. Don't let her use you again until something else she wants comes along and then she'll drop you fast again.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options

I'm gonna talk like soulsinging here and suggest you shag her

good advice, just shag her!! you won't get anymore attached to her because you're a guy, if you were a girl i'd strongly suggest you not to.
    you're a young guy and who knows maybe you're a virgin, if so just use her to loose your virginity. just have fun with her and have regular sex, treat her like your whore, and then dump her. simple as that.

but then maybe you shouldn't listen to me because lately i've been feeling frustrated
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Me too :o

I'm gonna talk like soulsinging here and suggest you shag her, get it over with and then suggest you just be friends.

While not bad advice, there won't be any 'friends' afterwards. If she's playing him this much as it is, the ol' hump and dump will send her over the cuckoo's nest for sure. I didn't read the whole thread, so rightfully I probably shouldn't be saying anything, but if they work together this is bad enough to begin with :P
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    While not bad advice, there won't be any 'friends' afterwards. If she's playing him this much as it is, the ol' hump and dump will send her over the cuckoo's nest for sure. I didn't read the whole thread, so rightfully I probably shouldn't be saying anything, but if they work together this is bad enough to begin with :P

i think that was the point. fuck her and drop her. give her the friends line. though i doubt she'd sleep with him. she seems like she'd rather tease him and keep him hanging on than actually give him anything.
  • Options
    genie wrote:
    good advice, just shag her!! you won't get anymore attached to her because you're a guy, if you were a girl i'd strongly suggest you not to.
    you're a young guy and who knows maybe you're a virgin, if so just use her to loose your virginity. just have fun with her and have regular sex, treat her like your whore, and then dump her. simple as that.

but then maybe you shouldn't listen to me because lately i've been feeling frustrated

women are quite capable of sleeping with people without getting attached.
  • Options
    i think that was the point. fuck her and drop her. give her the friends line. though i doubt she'd sleep with him. she seems like she'd rather tease him and keep him hanging on than actually give him anything.
    yep that's the point... she's played him around so see how she likes it.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685

Agreed.
  • Options
    women are quite capable of sleeping with people without getting attached.

yes, speaking theoretically. but from scientific point of view, once a woman had sex with a guy something in her brain changes slightly and she becomes more attached would want to have sex with that same guy. go and research it, i know i'm not talking shit. or just ask Ahnimus, i'm sure he knows.

i would give you a link where i've read it, but i haven't got it and i haven't got time to find anything simillar, shit....i need to do my work.