Options

'I'm Seeing Someone'

Comments

• Options
    OdinOdin Posts: 599
    Welcome to life. I have no sympathy for you. It should be common knowledge that God allows more males than females to be born. So who has the upper hand? Not you, asshole, so get over it. It's all a numbers game. With more ******YOUNG****** males than females in the dating pool, girls can find ONE thing wrong with you and use that as an excuse to find someone better. That, coupled with the polygamous society that is the byproduct of feminism, give females all the leverage in the world. If you aren't the most entertaining guy in the world, she will become bored and lose interest. If you have one hair out of place, she'll lose interest. If you make even a single mistake, she could lose interest. Either deal with it, move overseas to find a girl who will appreciate you, or commit suicide; otherwise, you're in for a looooooong life. That's the way it is and that's the way it will be. Just don't shoot the messenger.
  • Options
    Odin wrote:
    Welcome to life. I have no sympathy for you. It should be common knowledge that God allows more males than females to be born. So who has the upper hand? Not you, asshole, so get over it. It's all a numbers game. With more ******YOUNG****** males than females in the dating pool, girls can find ONE thing wrong with you and use that as an excuse to find someone better. That, coupled with the polygamous society that is the byproduct of feminism, give females all the leverage in the world. If you aren't the most entertaining guy in the world, she will become bored and lose interest. If you have one hair out of place, she'll lose interest. If you make even a single mistake, she could lose interest. Either deal with it, move overseas to find a girl who will appreciate you, or commit suicide; otherwise, you're in for a looooooong life. That's the way it is and that's the way it will be. Just don't shoot the messenger.

WE ARE THE ALL SINGING, ALL DANCING CRAP OF THE WORLD!!!!
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    Odin wrote:
    hmm... where do you live where there's more men than women? :eek: certainly not here anyway! All my female friends seem to be single whilst every man I seem to have ever met seems to be in a relationship :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    hmm... where do you live where there's more men than women? :eek: certainly not here anyway! All my female friends seem to be single whilst every man I seem to have ever met seems to be in a relationship :o

I live in the US.

The natural sex ratio at birth is approximately 1.05 males-to-females (source: Wikipedia). Sure, there may be more females than males around, but that is because women generally live longer then men... and therefore, there are a lot more older females than males around... but when you focus in on the 18-30 demographic, the balance is clearly tilted in favour of females.
  • Options
    sounds familiar
  • Options
    Odin wrote:
    I live in the US.

The natural sex ratio at birth is approximately 1.05 males-to-females (source: Wikipedia). Sure, there may be more females than males around, but that is because women generally live longer then men... and therefore, there are a lot more older females than males around... but when you focus in on the 18-30 demographic, the balance is clearly tilted in favour of females.
    I'm 27, men my age shouldn't quite be dropping off just yet :rolleyes: and there are MUCH more single women than single men... it's even in the papers quite often about where all the single men are and stuff.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    But I must say, Heineken Helen, your posts make me wish that my ancestors remained in Northern Europe (Ireland and Sweden). The U.S. is a mess and I can't wait to start a new life abroad. I was thinking of Latin America or Eastern Europe, but now I may have to consider Western Europe as well. Australia was also a lot better than the U.S... I vacationed there exactly one year ago (when PJ was touring there) and loved it.
  • Options
    Odin wrote:
    But I must say, Heineken Helen, your posts make me wish that my ancestors remained in Northern Europe (Ireland and Sweden). The U.S. is a mess and I can't wait to start a new life abroad. I was thinking of Latin America or Eastern Europe, but now I may have to consider Western Europe as well. Australia was also a lot better than the U.S... I vacationed there exactly one year ago.
    Funny how the grass is always greener. I'd love to live in the states for a bit :) although I wouldn't love to so much that I'd go through the whole legality shite and I wouldn't move as an illegal either. I'd just like to be able to live there.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Funny how the grass is always greener. I'd love to live in the states for a bit :) although I wouldn't love to so much that I'd go through the whole legality shite and I wouldn't move as an illegal either. I'd just like to be able to live there.

The U.S. is a great place to vacation because its landscapes and people are so expansive and diverse. Living here is a whole 'nother story. I wish I could go on a long rant about our political and legal systems the morning after elections, but I've got to get ready for another long day of work.

Did you ever travel here on one of your government-sanctioned "holidays" that we don't get to enjoy here in the U.S.
  • Options
    Odin wrote:
    The U.S. is a great place to vacation because its landscapes and people are so expansive and diverse. Living here is a whole 'nother story. I wish I could go on a long rant about our political and legal systems the morning after elections, but I've got to get ready for another long day of work.

Did you ever travel here on one of your government-sanctioned "holidays" that we don't get to enjoy here in the U.S.
    yeh, I've been there a few times... first to LA, then NYC, then this year I did NYC, Delaware, Philadelphia and Chicago... I love it over there :) . but yeh, no country is fun to work in but I guess the holidays here are a great bonus, it's never enought though.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Odin wrote:
    the polygamous society that is the byproduct of feminism, give females all the leverage in the world. .
    Really? Hmmm...so thats why for centuries women were "owned" by men and treated poorly because there were women. Not to mention that med have ALWAYS had concubines and mistresses. Even before the femininism movement. And as for " leverage", that must be why women are still statistically paid lower than men for equal work and job titles.
    "When you're climbing to the top, you'd better know the way back down" MSB
  • Options
    bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    The Champ wrote:
    If only soap made your dick longer, you might still be banging this chick..Oh well, you'll be alright..

I would use this as my sig if I didn't love my new one

nice work champ
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    awww I'm really sorry to hear about this. What a bitch! That's just immature and downright fucking ignorant and you've every right to be annoyed.

That kinda happened me once. There was a guy I worked with and we got on brilliantly... used to tell eachother quite a bit and would spend a lot of time together. I did kinda fancy him but didn't really want anything to happen. I got moved to another site. A guy there told me that he had started seeing somebody and I was actually really happy for him cos he was a lovely guy and had been treated like shit. I was leaving the company a couple of months later and called him up to ask him to my leaving drinks and he replied 'oh, I'm actually going out with someone now' :eek: thankfully I was able to say 'yeh I know. Daniel told me, that's great, so are ya able to come?' and he made some excuse but I felt like shit. I actually considered him to be a friend :( but that's the worst part is when you lose the friendship and they don't seem to give it a second thought like the friendship didn't matter at all in the first place.

it didn't. he's a dude. he wanted to fuck you. once he found someone else to fuck, he didn't need you. guys have guy friends to be friends and hang out with. what do we need women friends that might start sleeping with our friends and breaking up the band for?
  • Options
    Really? Hmmm...so thats why for centuries women were "owned" by men and treated poorly because there were women. Not to mention that med have ALWAYS had concubines and mistresses. Even before the femininism movement. And as for " leverage", that must be why women are still statistically paid lower than men for equal work and job titles.

the balance is shifting. he didn't say we should go back to that, only that that's the way it is. in the battle of the sexes, women have the upper hand in america. women in their 20s are more commitment-phobic than men... they are focused on their careers and just want to sample as many guys as they can for fun while doing it. that's fine. it also means the guys clinging to old-fashioned notions of one guy-one girl are goign to be disappointed. it's time they woke up and smelled the coffee.

it's different in ireland. ireland DOES have more young women than men. i should move over there. i could be like wilt chamberlain.
  • Options
    it didn't. he's a dude. he wanted to fuck you. once he found someone else to fuck, he didn't need you. guys have guy friends to be friends and hang out with. what do we need women friends that might start sleeping with our friends and breaking up the band for?
    but that's just ridiculous... surely you can have women you wanna shag and women you just wanna talk to stuff that you can't talk your male friends about (like emotions and shit like that :D )? It's a good balance when you've a male/female friendship. I've plenty of male friends who I don't wanna sleep with and I'm pretty sure they don't wanna sleep with me either.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    but that's just ridiculous... surely you can have women you wanna shag and women you just wanna talk to stuff that you can't talk your male friends about (like emotions and shit like that :D )? It's a good balance when you've a male/female friendship. I've plenty of male friends who I don't wanna sleep with and I'm pretty sure they don't wanna sleep with me either.

1) sure you do. becos women have no problem being friends with men. if the switch is off, it's off. period. that's why it's almost impossible for a guy to talk a female friend into dating.

2) i'm pretty sure you're wrong. i guarantee they've thought about it and i'd bet the farm that if the opportunity ever arose, they would jump on it.

3) no we don't want women to talk to about our emotions. we have guy friends to get drunk and numb them with by watching the game. they can stay bottled up until we get a wife who legally has to listen to them and won't gossip to her friends about them (becos her friends all become married and couldn't give 2 shits cos they've got their own marital problems to gossip about), thereby ruining any chance of sleeping with said friends.
  • Options
    bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    it amazes me how much you people can talk/type
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • Options
    geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    Odin wrote:

what the hell is all this about?? kicking person when they're down, you are fucking rude!! I'm sure thread starter knows about everything you've written in your post ( plus your post is a huge exaguration)

All he needed was some love and support from us, and you go ahead any say shit like commit suicide??!! jesus, have some love for a fellow human being. not all of us are so cold hearted like you are.

it's difficult to get over a person easily after being dumped, cause at that particular moment he cannot see anyone else in the "pond" BUT that person cause he experienced great times together and imotional connection.

if you haven't got anything nice to say than don't say it at all.
  • Options
    geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    Aw, Sopemakeutaller ( hehe, funny nickname :D ) hang in there!!! :) it'll be ok after some months, concentrate on other things
  • Options
    1) sure you do. becos women have no problem being friends with men. if the switch is off, it's off. period. that's why it's almost impossible for a guy to talk a female friend into dating.

2) i'm pretty sure you're wrong. i guarantee they've thought about it and i'd bet the farm that if the opportunity ever arose, they would jump on it.

3) no we don't want women to talk to about our emotions. we have guy friends to get drunk and numb them with by watching the game. they can stay bottled up until we get a wife who legally has to listen to them and won't gossip to her friends about them (becos her friends all become married and couldn't give 2 shits cos they've got their own marital problems to gossip about), thereby ruining any chance of sleeping with said friends.
    Honestly I know you say that and you believe it... but I'd be seriously shocked if I thought these guy friends wanted to sleep with me. It really is ridiculous. I have several guy friends off this board even and, while I'm sure some of them would, I'm sure others may be interested in some of the other single girls and not me at all. Honestly I would be seriously shocked :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Honestly I know you say that and you believe it... but I'd be seriously shocked if I thought these guy friends wanted to sleep with me. It really is ridiculous. I have several guy friends off this board even and, while I'm sure some of them would, I'm sure others may be interested in some of the other single girls and not me at all. Honestly I would be seriously shocked :D

just becos they wouldn't be interested in dating you doesn't mean they wouldn't like to fuck you if given the chance.
  • Options
    senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    What's worse, is when someone says, "I think we should see other people".

"I think we should see other people." = "I'm already doing the bartender at the local pub."

:p
  • Options
    just becos they wouldn't be interested in dating you doesn't mean they wouldn't like to fuck you if given the chance.
    :o stop it! I don't care!

Besides just cos they may or may not want to 'fuck' me actually DOESN'T mean we can't chat and have a good night out and whatever with nothing happening. I'm going out with a few lads from work tomorrow night... am I to assume they all would? :rolleyes: nope!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options

ding ding ding ding! winner!

Aint that the truth.
  • Options
    http://www.komoradio.com/news/11060226.html

Think he said, "I'm seeing someone else." ?
  • Options
    :o stop it! I don't care!

Besides just cos they may or may not want to 'fuck' me actually DOESN'T mean we can't chat and have a good night out and whatever with nothing happening. I'm going out with a few lads from work tomorrow night... am I to assume they all would? :rolleyes: nope!

at the end of the night, ask one if he wants to come in and have "coffee." say it in quotes. see how he reacts.
  • Options
    at the end of the night, ask one if he wants to come in and have "coffee." say it in quotes. see how he reacts.
    :rolleyes: I've known at least 2 of them for years and that's just sick.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Ross: What, so this guy is helping you for no apparent reason?

Rachel: Uh-huh!

Ross: And he's, he's a total stranger?

Rachel: Yeah! His name is um, Mark something.

Ross: Huh. Sounds like Mark Something wants to have some sex.

Rachel: What!?

Ross: Well, I'm just saying, I mean why else would he just, y'know, swoop
    in out of nowhere for no reason.

Rachel: To be nice.

Ross: Hey, Joey. Are men ever nice to strange women for no reason?

Joey: No, only for sex.

Ross: Thank you.
  • Options
    :rolleyes: I've known at least 2 of them for years and that's just sick.

sick, or potentially frighteningly accurate and you'd rather pretend i'm wrong?
  • Options
    sennin wrote:
    Ross: What, so this guy is helping you for no apparent reason?
    Rachel: Uh-huh!
    Ross: And he's, he's a total stranger?
    Rachel: Yeah! His name is um, Mark something.
    Ross: Huh. Sounds like Mark Something wants to have some sex.
    Rachel: What!?
    Ross: Well, I'm just saying, I mean why else would he just, y'know, swoop
    in out of nowhere for no reason.
    Rachel: To be nice.
    Ross: Hey, Joey. Are men ever nice to strange women for no reason?
    Joey: No, only for sex.
    Ross: Thank you.

hehe, i remember that. so funny and true.