Options

Top Chef Chicago

Comments

• Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    JenInTheBx wrote:
    Agreed, though I must say I was VERY happy to see Ryan get the boot last week! That guy is an idiot with no clue and all of his dishes looked like they sucked- I could have made a piccata better than him. And, what the hell was he thinking trying to give people a "5 star dining experience" at a football game?
    I cannot agree more with you. He was a mess from the start. Just because you have been "cooking" for 10 years in your dad's place, doesn't make you a chef.
    That piccata debaucle was a riot. :p
    Also, when is Nikki and her Amy Winehouse 'do gettting the boot????

I thought the idea of the improv was pretty lame-o. I found myself not really paying attention when usually I love to watch them cook.

Ooh...was that Steph on the block??? Watch out Champ....
    And who was up on the happy step?? Oh, right, it was Spike. :p
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I cannot agree more with you. He was a mess from the start. Just because you have been "cooking" for 10 years in your dad's place, doesn't make you a chef.
    That piccata debaucle was a riot. :p
    Also, when is Nikki and her Amy Winehouse 'do gettting the boot????

I thought the idea of the improv was pretty lame-o. I found myself not really paying attention when usually I love to watch them cook.

Ooh...was that Steph on the block??? Watch out Champ....
    And who was up on the happy step?? Oh, right, it was Spike. :p

Yeah, Nikki needs to get the boot soon!

I knew after the judges saved Spike two straight times that he'll have his little moment in the sun. Don't get too excited though Trix ;)..And don't worry about my girl Steph, she'll be fine..

Overall an extremely weak and boring episode..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:
    Yeah, Nikki needs to get the boot soon!

I knew after the judges saved Spike two straight times that he'll have his little moment in the sun. Don't get too excited though Trix ;)..And don't worry about my girl Steph, she'll be fine..

Overall an extremely weak and boring episode..
    Spike is good for ratings...:)

Ok, is it just me or is everyone else sick of all these group challenges???
    Can we see what each chef is made of????
    With all of these group challenges, we are left to point the finger at the weakest link or the leader. And everyone is throwing the other one under the bus.
    It is weak. I want to see them all going head to head.
    I love Spike but can't even assertain whether or not he really is a good chef.
  • Options
    Had to get my review in knowing that my Champ only gets to read in the morning. :p
    So....Stephanie...not so much this week, eh?
    Spike, as adorable as ever.

But my girl Antonia....what? what? She not only won the pillsbury quickbread challenge, but the elimination challenge as well???? AND she made us cry???
    :o Did anyone else cry?

I thought this was an awesome episode. The quickfire killed me. That was a great way to kick their asses into gear. What was that brand of rice again? :p
    Richard always does great in the quickfire. I like him. And he wants babies! :)

I cannot believe that Stephanie made that couscous crap with tomato and peanut butter. What a dunce. Hi...you boil some water, throw it over the couscous and fluff before serving. WTF..you add water or whatever she threw in there because she had time?? Dunce x 2
    Sorry Champ...she stunk this week.

Mark...it is about time that sloppy-ass chef packed his knives up. Talk about a pompous trainwreck. Wah, wah...Tom hates me. Whatever....you stink.
    I loved those kids and Art is awesome. I like watching him on Iron Chef.
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    It must have been entertaining, say if you were a camera person, to be able to watch the whole quickfire with everybody running around like a chicken with its head cut off. As each week passes, I find myself pulling for Antonia more and more, so I was glad she won both challenges. I don't know if I would have tried the rice and salad dish, but that stir fry looked rather tasty. IMO, both Mark and Stephanie should have gone home, although I thought that at least Mark's dish had some room for improvement. You could have added some other flavors to make it better. Whatever it was that Stephanie put out just looked nasty and I don't think you could make that one better. I think with Lisa they just needed a third person in the bottom three, although with her attitude I wouldn't have minded if she got sent home.
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Had to get my review in knowing that my Champ only gets to read in the morning. :p

But my girl Antonia....what? what? She not only won the pillsbury quickbread challenge, but the elimination challenge as well???? AND she made us cry???

I thought this was an awesome episode. The quickfire killed me. That was a great way to kick their asses into gear. What was that brand of rice again? :p

I cannot believe that Stephanie made that couscous crap with tomato and peanut butter. What a dunce. Hi...you boil some water, throw it over the couscous and fluff before serving. WTF..you add water or whatever she threw in there because she had time?? Dunce x 2

Mark...it is about time that sloppy-ass chef packed his knives up. Talk about a pompous trainwreck. Wah, wah...Tom hates me. Whatever....you stink.

No comment.
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    the cross promotions are so annoying

I didnt think Mark's dish was as bad as Stephanies, but it clearly failed the task

Andrew and Richard still the ones to beat, but I was impressed with Antonia this week. Good show.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,880
    mmmmm Mr. Ben's instant rice mmmmm.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:

Okay, I'll take my beating like a man. I don't know what's up with my girl Steph, but I hope she pulls her head out of her big ass soon coz she's making me look bad..

The entire night was about Antonia, which I definitely did not appreciate. From her daughter, to her lame joke, to her dumb rice/salad, to her excessive crying, to her nasty whole wheat pasta, to her combing her hair, what the fuck..seriously? I so hope they send her ass packing but I don't think I'll win this battle..

I agree with you and Get Right regarding the annoying promotions, it just about nearly kills the show for me..

And yeah, Mark is/was awful..Everything from his weak dishes to his silly hair..

Richard is bad ass and will be hard to beat. Dale is a great fucking chef also..

Also gotta give props to Nikki last night..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:
    Okay, I'll take my beating like a man. I don't know what's up with my girl Steph, but I hope she pulls her head out of her big ass soon coz she's making me look bad..

The entire night was about Antonia, which I definitely did not appreciate. From her daughter, to her lame joke, to her dumb rice/salad, to her excessive crying, to her nasty whole wheat pasta, to her combing her hair, what the fuck..seriously? I so hope they send her ass packing but I don't think I'll win this battle..
    That was taking it like a man??? :p
    Out of her big ass...lol.
    Excessive crying? She shed a few tears.
    And her salad looked yummy.
    I loved Dale's little sous chef. They were so cute together. Awesome concept and a good cause.
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    That was taking it like a man??? :p
    Out of her big ass...lol.
    Excessive crying? She shed a few tears.
    And her salad looked yummy.
    I loved Dale's little sous chef. They were so cute together. Awesome concept and a good cause.

Often, the best defense is a good offense ;). I picked a few angles and attacked it. I realize it's a bit of a reach, but if I'm going down, I'm going down fighting damn it..

I hate this season..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:
    Often, the best defense is a good offense ;). I picked a few angles and attacked it. I realize it's a bit of a reach, but if I'm going down, I'm going down fighting damn it..

I hate this season..
    Aw...poor THE Champ.
    I think Steph will pull through.
    Why do you hate this season? I am finding it entertaining. I think it is a funny bunch of people now that the silly billies are being weeded out.
    It is no season one and the challenges are hit or miss, but I still enjoy it.
    You didn't cry last night??? It was such a sweet episode with those kids. I loved them.
    Mark makes a curry....pretentious fool. C-ya!
    Tomatoes and peanut butter...lol
  • Options
    id give it to antonia
  • Options
    CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    Stephs been my pick but after last night I'm starting to lean towards Antonia.
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    holtzholtz Posts: 509
    I still think Richard and Dale are the frontrunners, with Stpeh right behind them. I think Antonia is adorable but she won't win. Lisa or Nikki should go next, I don't really like either of them. I wish they had more challenges were the chefs worked on their own, too many team challenges so far this year and the Uncle Bens tie in last night was annoying.
  • Options
    JenInTheBxJenInTheBx Posts: 293
    I really like Stephanie, but that dish sounded disgusting.

Antonia did well though- I like her, but I think Stephanie, Richard and Dale are definitely the best in the competition. Andrew is pretty good too, but he gets on my nerves WAY too much- almost as bad as Ryan did. My vote is for Stephanie- a girl needs to win this competition sometime. :)
  • Options
    I forgot about Dale....he seems like an ass...but I like his dishes!
  • Options
    western pearlwestern pearl Posts: 632
    Alright, now that everyone else has made their judgements on the week, it's time for the real critic to speak his mind......alright i'm a weee bit drunk but that never hurt anybody no?

Although i was kinda pulling for mark at the start, i'm glad his sloppy ass dishes are outta here. Clean it up buddy.

Stephanie may have stunk it up this round (i'll admit, peanut butter and tomatos sound fucking awful!!) but she'll be back. She's due for a good showing.

I'm starting to like Dale more and more although i'd like to see him get off his asian thing a little bit (i know i know...the guy IS asian......but show a little diversity dude)

Is anyone else really fucking sick of richards pink croks or however they're speeled? I want to take them off and beat the hawk out of him. He's a great chef and he'll probably end up winning but the guy just needs to get some jesus sandals or nikes on or something....anything but those.

I think that's about all i have for tonight....i was actually able to watch the show at the regular time last night but was not drunk enough to comment :D
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • Options

Is anyone else really fucking sick of richards pink croks or however they're speeled? I want to take them off and beat the hawk out of him.

ok NOW i can go to sleep....i think this was what I was waiting up for:)
    thanks for sending me to bed with a smile:)
  • Options
    ok NOW i can go to sleep....i think this was what I was waiting up for:)
    thanks for sending me to bed with a smile:)

Hahaha, you're very welcome...seriously though, someone needs to tell richard to settle down a bit.
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

• Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Aw...poor THE Champ.
    I think Steph will pull through.
    Why do you hate this season? I am finding it entertaining. I think it is a funny bunch of people now that the silly billies are being weeded out.
    It is no season one and the challenges are hit or miss, but I still enjoy it.
    You didn't cry last night??? It was such a sweet episode with those kids. I loved them.
    Mark makes a curry....pretentious fool. C-ya!
    Tomatoes and peanut butter...lol

Did I cry? Lol..Anyway, I hate this season because it's fucking boring and they are all lame. I wish Hung and/or Stephen were around to school these loser wannabes..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    Stephs been my pick but after last night I'm starting to lean towards Antonia.

I'm pissed at Steph but I for one definitely aint no damn bandwagon jumper ;)..Gonna ride it out to the bitter end..F Antonia!!
    :)
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    Is anyone else really fucking sick of richards pink croks or however they're speeled? I want to take them off and beat the hawk out of him.

You should seriously consider drinking more often as the above is the most interesting thing you've written so far ;)..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    So in the preview for this week's episode Dale is fighting with Spike. :mad:
    He better not throw Spike under the bus.
    I always get a kick out of the wedding episodes.
    Remember the cake made from a box? And it had eggshells in it?? :p
  • Options
    No love for Top Chef last week?
    Dale just could not do anything right! Half assing everything is not the way to go.
    The other team was awesome. And how cool of Richard to split his prize with that line cook from McDonald's Stephanie? ;)

See ya Amy Winehouse wannabe. Butternut squash tortellini? Ick.
  • Options
    bump for THE Champ and Meredith and others.
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    No love for Top Chef last week?
    Dale just could not do anything right! Half assing everything is not the way to go.
    The other team was awesome. And how cool of Richard to split his prize with that line cook from McDonald's Stephanie? ;)

See ya Amy Winehouse wannabe. Butternut squash tortellini? Ick.

You best stop messing with my girl!! And I actually didn't see it as a genuinely nice gesture. I could be wrong, but I think this dude is full of shit. I realized last episode that his actions are very calculated and the carefully thought out words are ultimately disingenuous..Too much of a kiss-ass for my liking..Pay close attention and let me know if i'm way off base on this one..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    Wow....my three least favorite people on the show all on the chopping block together. I would have rather seen lisa or spike go home tonight (mainly b/c the other guy keeps me awake w/ that machine gun mouth of his). I guess lisa's blank stares of death at the judges table make for some good comedy too though ;)

Pretty cool to see sam back on the show. Anyone know what he's doing now?

"She fell funny"

• Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    Yeah, I wanted to see Spike go home, but I think the outcome of that was inevitable since he was "outed" for not following the rules of the challenge. For a while earlier in the season, I thought it was going to be Richard, Dale, and Andrew in the final 3 -- guess that won't be happening :p

I had the most problems with Lisa's dish. From what they showed, none of it looked appetizing and the shrimp looked raw. I think eventually, her attitude is going to piss off the judges and the next bad dish she produces, the combination will be enough to send her packing. Also, I doubt anyone sabotaged her rice. She either turned it up too high by accident or wasn't paying any attention to what she was doing.

I'm still pulling for Antonia, although I don't know if she's got what it takes to consistently beat Dale and Richard.
  • Options
    reversedarwinismreversedarwinism Posts: 1,151
    Yeah, I wanted to see Spike go home, but I think the outcome of that was inevitable since he was "outed" for not following the rules of the challenge. For a while earlier in the season, I thought it was going to be Richard, Dale, and Andrew in the final 3 -- guess that won't be happening :p

I had the most problems with Lisa's dish. From what they showed, none of it looked appetizing and the shrimp looked raw. I think eventually, her attitude is going to piss off the judges and the next bad dish she produces, the combination will be enough to send her packing. Also, I doubt anyone sabotaged her rice. She either turned it up too high by accident or wasn't paying any attention to what she was doing.

I'm still pulling for Antonia, although I don't know if she's got what it takes to consistently beat Dale and Richard.

yeah, I thought Lisa should have gone. This is the only tv show I'm watching this spring and I like it.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown