Options

Top Chef Chicago

Comments

• Options
    So what the hell? Is everyone waiting till tomorrow to post about tonight's show? Anyways, i didn't catch much of it as i was ogling padma the entire time.

I guess one of my only frustrations was Zoe. All the "experts" had orgasms over Andrew, dale & richards dish and she and spike think it has to taste like shit?! I'm pretty sure they didn't even try it and even if they did, their opinion isn't shit compared to the judges'. So i guess that is who i'm really hoping gets the boot next week...either zoe or spike (nice vietnamese dish :rolleyes: )

Other than that......how 'bout PADMA!!! :D
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • Options
    holtzholtz Posts: 509
    I'm watching it now, when those two are trying to remember the name of A Christmas Story I was rolling, those two had nothing in common.

Dale and Richard have to be the top two of this group, one of those guys will win it all.
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    I am sooooo glad Spike wasn't kicked off.
    I enjoyed this episode...it may have been the editing. I think they showed alot more cooking than usual..and I liked how the quickfire showed more of their individual skills as a chef rather than what can you throw together in 30 min.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    holtzholtz Posts: 509

I guess one of my only frustrations was Zoe. All the "experts" had orgasms over Andrew, dale & richards dish and she and spike think it has to taste like shit?! I'm pretty sure they didn't even try it and even if they did, their opinion isn't shit compared to the judges'.

Other than that......how 'bout PADMA!!! :D

I don't think they tasted it, they just assumed that it tasted bad, bunch of dumbasses. They just know they aren't in the same league as those guys and have no chance of winning so they are complaining.

Padma was showing some nice cleavage last night!
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    I dont know why they booted manuel
    maybe for being such a wuss

that was spike's dish and he blew it.
  • Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I enjoyed this episode...it may have been the editing. I think they showed alot more cooking than usual..and I liked how the quickfire showed more of their individual skills as a chef rather than what can you throw together in 30 min.

Told you Spike and his dumb hats won't be around for long..hanging on by just a thread now..really should have gotten the dirty boot last night no doubt..

My girl Stephanie stepped up strong again and nearly won. Personally, I think she deserved to win but I guess the judges were impressed with that chocolate/fish pairing because it's 'different.' Whatever..

Gonna ride Steph till the very end but the mohawk dude will be hard to beat..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:

Thats because the guest judge is arguably the best chef in the world.
    I think he had a lot to do with that.

Loved hearing Daniel's comments.

And I thought the film theme was kinda dumb.

I would have done finding nemo and made sushi
    :)
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:

I would have done finding nemo and made sushi

hahaha...good idea
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

• Options
    The Champ wrote:
    Told you Spike and his dumb hats won't be around for long..hanging on by just a thread now..really should have gotten the dirty boot last night no doubt..

My girl Stephanie stepped up strong again and nearly won. Personally, I think she deserved to win but I guess the judges were impressed with that chocolate/fish pairing because it's 'different.' Whatever..

Gonna ride Steph till the very end but the mohawk dude will be hard to beat..

I agree...the person who conceives the dish ALWAYS gets the boot.....although Manuel had it coming. I don't think he had made a descent meal yet.

"She fell funny"

• Options
    hahaha...good idea

First thought was that I would have rocked the shit out of some shrimp, Bubba Gump style!!..ewww on the sushi..:(..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    I agree...the person who conceives the dish ALWAYS gets the boot.....although Manuel had it coming. I don't think he had made a descent meal yet.
    Spike is cuter. :)
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Spike is cuter. :)

What kind of fucking lame name is Spike? Isn't that what kids call their peckers?
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:
    What kind of fucking lame name is Spike? Isn't that what kids call their peckers?
    His first name is really Evangelos. Something like that. He is greek. I love his little accent.
    Maybe he is an awesome volleyball player. :)
    Stephanie...pfft....hanging on by a thread. Antonia will crush her under her size 11 foot. :p
    How hot was Padma last night????
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:
    First thought was that I would have rocked the shit out of some shrimp, Bubba Gump style!!..ewww on the sushi..:(..

I like that Idea

with a box of chocolates somehow in there

ok my big fat greek wedding and made upscale gyros
  • Options
    Under the Tuscan Sun or Chocolat. :)
    2 of my guilty pleasure movies. :o

Champ, I thought you liked sushi??? I didn't know that.
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    His first name is really Evangelos. Something like that. He is greek. I love his little accent.
    Stephanie...pfft....hanging on by a thread. Antonia will crush her under her size 11 foot. :p

Stephanie hanging on by a thread? She's been killing..you just wait and see :)..

As for Padma's hotness last night, let's just say I nearly broke my girl's pelvis..Okay truth be told, we snuggled and watched 'Family Guy' till we fell asleep..but she did look fucking hot as hell!!
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    GraySaturdayGraySaturday Posts: 2,878
    Both my husband and I were like "whoa padma!!!!".. actually he was a little more like that then I was ;)

But that blue dress she was wearing... yikes man, there was boobage everywhere!!!!

I feel disconnected from the chefs so far on this season. Maybe because its the beginning and there are so many still. Normally I have a favorite. This time, not yet.
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:

Why the hell would you want to be called spike if you had the first name Evangelos!?

Stephanie will destroy Antonia...not literally of course. She would need a tank to destroy her. Antonia should be on american gladiators or something, not top chef

"She fell funny"

• Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Under the Tuscan Sun or Chocolat. :)
    2 of my guilty pleasure movies. :o

Champ, I thought you liked sushi??? I didn't know that.

I thought I'd hate "Under The Tuscan Sun' but actually enjoyed the laid back feel and scenery..good movie..

As for sushi, I occasionally enjoy a few philly rolls and simple stuff like that, but not really a big fan..I know you and Get Right love it..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    I like that Idea

with a box of chocolates somehow in there

ok my big fat greek wedding and made upscale gyros

Nice, didn't even think about the box of chocolate aspect..

I loved how that one group pulled 'A Christmas Story' out of their ass and did fairly well..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:
    I thought I'd hate "Under The Tuscan Sun' but actually enjoyed the laid back feel and scenery..good movie..

As for sushi, I occasionally enjoy a few philly rolls and simple stuff like that, but not really a big fan..I know you and Get Right love it..

scarily, I also thought that was a good movie-saw it on a plane
    I like Diane Lane.

we will just have to get you to be a little more daring with the fish
    where in NYC
    53rd and park here
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:
    Nice, didn't even think about the box of chocolate aspect..

I loved how that one group pulled 'A Christmas Story' out of their ass and did fairly well..

I actually thought they sounded so dumb that the critic was gonna tell them thats the wrong movie!
  • Options
    Why the hell would you want to be called spike if you had the first name Evangelos!?

Stephanie will destroy Antonia...not literally of course. She would need a tank to destroy her. Antonia should be on american gladiators or something, not top chef

Would you really want to be called 'Evangelos?'

I completely agree that Stephanie can run circles around that Godzilla in the kitchen no problem..Maybe Antonia filled out the wrong reality form/application. I'm sure it happens often...
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    I like Diane Lane.

where in NYC
    53rd and park here
    I like Diane Lane too. :o
    I am so excited there is some man love for that movie.
    It is my "can't sleep and just want to curl up on the couch" movie. Well, that Chocolat and Sweet Home Alabama.

Don't get me started on sushi.
    Smartasses, you too. American Gladiator. :p
    She really is big. :o
    But she can cook. Stephanie has been killing it??? With a soggy crab salad? How do you f up a crab salad????
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    I like Diane Lane.

where in NYC
    53rd and park here

I'm not exactly opposed to trying various styles of sushi, just never really have the craving when on rare occasion we go out to dinner..

Nice area, I share a tiny studio on East 79th but we plan to move after the wedding in July/August..Maybe Astoria or something further up on the West Side..

You know what restaurant I love in the East fifties..'Lasagna'..great stuff, you should check it out..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I like Diane Lane too. :o
    I am so excited there is some man love for that movie.
    It is my "can't sleep and just want to curl up on the couch" movie. Well, that Chocolat and Sweet Home Alabama.

Don't get me started on sushi.
    Smartasses, you too. American Gladiator. :p
    She really is big. :o
    But she can cook. Stephanie has been killing it??? With a soggy crab salad? How do you f up a crab salad????

Haha..oh and didn't Stephanie win the first challenge or something? And she was clearly robbed last night :)..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:
    I'm not exactly opposed to trying various styles of sushi, just never really have the craving when on rare occasion we go out to dinner..

Nice area, I share a tiny studio on East 79th but we plan to move after the wedding in July/August..Maybe Astoria or something further up on the West Side..

You know what restaurant I love in the East fifties..'Lasagna'..great stuff, you should check it out..
    What do they serve there?

I can't believe the wedding is coming up!!!!
    I am so psyched I know where it is taking place. Mookie and I are going to crash it. :) You said it was an open bar, right??
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    What do they serve there?

I can't believe the wedding is coming up!!!!
    I am so psyched I know where it is taking place. Mookie and I are going to crash it. :) You said it was an open bar, right??

You should check out the site again, we have our tasting picture up now :)..The chef is super fucking nice and talented as hell!! Food will be banging!! We weren't prepared as to what a tasting actually was..we thought bites and samples but instead we were drunk off our asses by 2pm and stuffed after the second course..Jesus....

lol..you and Mooks gonna crash..there will be some PJ playing as well ;)..Last hour will be more of a club type dance feel though..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:
    Would you really want to be called 'Evangelos?'

I completely agree that Stephanie can run circles around that Godzilla in the kitchen no problem..Maybe Antonia filled out the wrong reality form/application. I'm sure it happens often...

As opposed to Spike? Very much so

"She fell funny"

• Options
    The Champ wrote:

Havent been there in ages. Pretty good from what I remember.

I live in westchester, but spend 99% percent of my waking life in midtown.

sounds like you need to be exposed to some great sushi

E79th?????

Sushi of Gari!!!!!!!!!