• Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Yes, but at least Spike is hot.
    And he can cut a mean steak.
    And make eggs.
    :)
    :p

What are you saying, Dale can't handle his meat and/or cook eggs properly?
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    I agree about way too many team challenges...I think we talked about that last week...it is ridiculous.
    Are they on a budget or something?
    And alot of the quickfires seemed lame.
    Or maybe it is a really lame bunch of people.
    They are doing casting now...we should all go on.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    holtz wrote:
    I get bored at night and will watch the show twice so I catch way too much.

I think Steph should win as well, took me a lot longer to come to that conclusion though. She has been impressive in her cooking but is respectful and laid back so some people might over look her since she isn't drawing attention to herself. So unless she screws up big in Puerto Rico I think she the Top Chef. I hope Dale shows up in Puerto Rico to help out somehow.

I hope next year they have less team challenges, too easy for poor chefs to hide on a good team and make it further than they should.

And let's not forget I picked Steph from the start just like I did last season with the master chef Hung :)..Going for 2 in a row...and yes I agree, unless she really fucks up, it's in the bag..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    holtzholtz Posts: 509
    TrixieCat wrote:

Too many are just product placements, thats the problem, like the UNcle Ben rice one was lame how they pimped microwave rice, ugh.

I like the relay they do, the egg one was cool and the steak one this last episode was a good one.
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:
    What are you saying, Dale can't handle his meat and/or cook eggs properly?
    No.
    I was just pointing out that Spike is hot.
    :)

And that he can cook steak and eggs.

Richard is not hot.
    And cannot cook steak and eggs.
    He relies on gimmicks both in the kitchen and in his manner of presenting himself.
    I am still rooting for Antonia...like from the begining, but Steph really epitomizes what we WISH the top chef was. She is more like Harold in that she is kind, gratious and an awesome cook.
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I agree about way too many team challenges...I think we talked about that last week...it is ridiculous.
    Are they on a budget or something?
    Or maybe it is a really lame bunch of people.
    They are doing casting now...we should all go on.

Although the characters aren't as interesting this season, I absolutely loved the tailgating/beer episode as well as the steak episode last night!! I wanted to get up out of bed at 11pm and fry me up some steak..Mmm....btw, Hung would have torn through those damn steaks faster than Spike for sure :)..What was that Spike said about channeling some relative or something? lol..again, what a tool :)..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:
    And let's not forget I picked Steph from the start just like I did last season with the master chef Hung :)..Going for 2 in a row...and yes I agree, unless she really fucks up, it's in the bag..

I was in denial last season about Hung, looking back now it was obvious from the start he was head and shoulders above everyone else. Hopefully they have some kind of season 3 vs season 4 contest before the next season and Hung comes back.
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:
    Although the characters aren't as interesting this season, I absolutely loved the tailgating/beer episode as well as the steak episode last night!! I wanted to get up out of bed at 11pm and fry me up some steak..Mmm....btw, Hung would have torn through those damn steaks faster than Spike for sure :)..What was that Spike said about channeling some relative or something? lol..again, what a tool :)..
    Let me guess....the little lady has a crush on Spike??? Am I right?? :p
    His great uncle was a butcher.
    If it were Steph, you would've been all up in her grille about what an awesome story...tears flowing.
  • Options
    holtz wrote:
    I was in denial last season about Hung, looking back now it was obvious from the start he was head and shoulders above everyone else. Hopefully they have some kind of season 3 vs season 4 contest before the next season and Hung comes back.

God, I love this post! Thank you. You should have seen me argue each week with some of the people here regarding this topic last season. Well, not so much arguing on my end because I too understood that we were not dealing with an ordinary chef here. I think many were in denial, especially 'westernpearl' who loved that sweating pig of a chef, Howie :)..sorry buddy, hope your arm is feeling better..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:

Agreed, I really wanted a steak after that show.

I liked Spike and Andrew this season, they seemed to be having fun and actually had some personallity, even if they weren't deserving of being in the top 4 they were still good chefs and did some things well.
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Let me guess....the little lady has a crush on Spike??? Am I right?? :p
    His great uncle was a butcher.
    If it were Steph, you would've been all up in her grille about what an awesome story...tears flowing.

Actually, she thinks Spike is a complete moron. I think you may be alone with this fascination of Spike, Trix ;)..And yes naturally if the uncle butcher story pertained to Steph, it would have been a very touching, inspiring, feel good in your tummy moment :)..Spike is just an idiot, and wouldn't be surprised if he made that story up..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:
    I think many were in denial, especially 'westernpearl' who loved that sweating pig of a chef, Howie :)..sorry buddy, hope your arm is feeling better..

Howie was horrible, all his stuff was greasy and looked like crap, literally.
  • Options
    holtz wrote:
    Agreed, I really wanted a steak after that show.

I liked Spike and Andrew this season, they seemed to be having fun and actually had some personallity, even if they weren't deserving of being in the top 4 they were still good chefs and did some things well.

Andrew is funny as hell and loved to cuss up a storm :)..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    was the guy not able to cook eggs a few shows back? i think i saw that one... and i rememeber thinking "how the fuck is this dude a chef?"

was it a few shows back?

and who cant cook a steak? you only flip the damn thing once!
  • Options
    mensanemensane Posts: 912
    i agree that dale should be in the final 4 rather than lisa.

but.

i dont think he is good enough to win, so it doesnt really matter...as long as richard, stephanie, and antonia are in the final...i am ok with any of them winning. richard is kind of annoying, but he isnt a hot head and seems pretty talented.
  • Options
    mensane wrote:
    i agree that dale should be in the final 4 rather than lisa.

Saw this on Tom's blog on bravotv.com-

And before I wrap up for this week, I have to comment on last week’s episode because it’s clear Dale’s dismissal has been a real bone of contention with viewers. Interestingly, after watching an episode purely as an audience member -- in other words without the benefit of having been there –- it’s finally sunk in why our viewers get as riled as they do when the judges’ decision doesn’t jive with what they’ve seen

I wasn’t at the Judge’s table last week. I saw the same version of the show as everyone else. And based on what I saw, I expected Lisa to go home. She made two dishes that didn’t work, and Dale made one. Dale was also credited with executing the short ribs (albeit from Spike’s recipe) that were the team’s sole saving grace. The judges said they let Dale go because his scallops were the worst dish of the night, and while I know there was plenty that was discussed among them that didn’t make it into the episode, and while I certainly didn’t taste the food, (which is my typical snarky response when someone gripes about my judgment -- "Look, buddy, YOU didn’t taste the food,") from what I could see it was a pure numbers game. Lisa’s two lousy dishes against Dale’s one. End of story.

Tom
  • Options
    pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
  • Options
    Lisa....bless that mess.
    :rolleyes:
    I hope she crashes and burns.
    She misses Spike so much tht she tried to cut her hair like him.
  • Options
    you won the f'ing bronze medal, congratulations :cool:

i dont like that Lisa girl... poor attitude
  • Options
    I'M SO MAD THAT LISA IS IN THE FINAL 3!!!
    and the remark that she made to Steph and Richard at the end was really, REALLY uncalled for! what a freakin bitch!
    Lollapalooza 2007
    Eddie Vedder 8-22-08
    Chicago 8-23-09
    Chicago 8-24-09

"The love received is the love that is saved" - Eddie Vedder
  • Options
    Lisa is an ass, plain and simple.
    Her dishes sucked more than Antonia's but she is still there.
    I knew when they showed a crowd shot of no one standing around Antonia's table that she was in trouble. :(
    And how much did it break your heart when Dale left out the meat? (the pig, you pervs...)
  • Options
    My girl Steph is fucking everyone!!
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:
    My girl Steph is fucking everyone!!
    What a ho.....
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    What a ho.....

O wait, that didn't come out right..You know what I meant :)..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:
    O wait, that didn't come out right..You know what I meant :)..
    I was teasing because I assume those shots of vodka found their way into your tummy. ;)
    I knew what you meant.

I wonder why they aren't doing a reunion show??
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    And how much did it break your heart when Dale left out the meat? (the pig, you pervs...)

that was real bad
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:

They're probably not doing a reunion show because it would be everyone vs. Lisa. And with Andrew's mouth you would just hear bleeping the whole entire time.
    Lollapalooza 2007
    Eddie Vedder 8-22-08
    Chicago 8-23-09
    Chicago 8-24-09

"The love received is the love that is saved" - Eddie Vedder
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:

I thought I saw a commercial before for one in two weeks.
  • Options
    holtz wrote:
    I thought I saw a commercial before for one in two weeks.
    I saw that they were looking for people to vote for fan favorite so I assumed.
    It seems like they are really just trying to wrap up the season from hell.
    Because don't they usually have the finale in 2 episodes?
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I saw that they were looking for people to vote for fan favorite so I assumed.
    It seems like they are really just trying to wrap up the season from hell.
    Because don't they usually have the finale in 2 episodes?

YOu don't like this season? I have my issues with some of the things they did but I enjoyed it mopre than last season. No way Lisa wins, she is not even in the same league as Richard or Stephanie plus Lisa is really getting hard to look at.