Options

Top Chef Chicago

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    Had to wait until last night to watch this week's episode and I'm sad to see Antonia go. :( I was pulling for her the most. Why did it seem that they criticized Lisa a lot more than Antonia, yet Lisa stays. If Lisa's dishes were really as bad as the criticisms, I would think she would be the one dismissed? Seems like this is the third time that Lisa should have gone home, but survived by the skin of her teeth...

Richard's comment about winning the bronze was hilarious though. I guess I'm pulling for him now because I don't like Lisa and I'm more indifferent to Stephanie than Richard.
  • Options
    holtzholtz Posts: 509
    Looks like all three are going head to head next week so even though Lisa is the weakest by far if she really does well and the other stumble, she could win. I doubt that would happen, no way they can overlook all the other challenges and give it to her.
  • Options
    Soooooooooo, what did you guys think of the finale?
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    The Champ will be happy to gloat when he gets back from his honeymoon.
    It was a lackluster end to a lackluster season.
    I definitely think the right person won. And seeing Lisa's face when her name wasn't called was priceless.

I could not STAND the way they served the food. Those teacups for the soups were awful. I understand that is what they had, but it looked awful.
    I don't think there was enough showcasing of the actual cooking.

I always love when they have awesome world renowned chefs on to play sous chef. :p Eric Rippert is so awesome.

I was actually impressed with what Lisa did. Not impressed by Richard at all. I think as the season wore on, his cockiness and lack of basic skills came out.

I still think they found some reason to rush through this season and it showed.
    Oh well...Project Runway soon. :)
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    I'm happy that Steph won, it was between her and Lisa after the meal and Lisa just hasn't performed as well all season as Steph has. Richard was disappointing, he tried too hard with the liquid nitrogen and all that stuff instead of making sure his food was good. Lisa finally performed well in the finale, she hasn't been very impressive all season so guess its about time she show she can cook.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I definitely think the right person won. And seeing Lisa's face when her name wasn't called was priceless.

I could not STAND the way they served the food. Those teacups for the soups were awful. I understand that is what they had, but it looked awful.

I always love when they have awesome world renowned chefs on to play sous chef. :p Eric Rippert is so awesome.

I was actually impressed with what Lisa did. Not impressed by Richard at all. I think as the season wore on, his cockiness and lack of basic skills came out.

I agree 100% percent
    a bit of a dissapointment all the way around
    Lisa was probably the best last night, but Steph was better overall.
    Richard: Put the nitrogen down and learn how to put a menu together on the fly. Hells kitchen next.
  • Options
    mensanemensane Posts: 912
    yay!!! sooooo glad stephanie won. reunion show this week.
  • Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    The Champ wrote:
    As for who I'm riding..I'm going all the way with Stephanie!!

Please note the above comment was made on March 27th, which means that once again I picked the winner correctly from a very early stage of the competition. Hung was definitely more fun to ride, but Steph did me proud as well..

I'll give you the winner of Top Chef 5 by the second episode ;)..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:

I still think they found some reason to rush through this season and it showed.
    Oh well...Project Runway soon. :)

Got back today and we watched the last few episodes without knowing the winner and yes I was very pleased with the outcome, though I never had a doubt ;)..The reunion show was actually pretty fucking entertaining..fun little cast this season :)..

See you fuckers next time..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:
    Got back today and we watched the last few episodes without knowing the winner and yes I was very pleased with the outcome, though I never had a doubt ;)..The reunion show was actually pretty fucking entertaining..fun little cast this season :)..

See you fuckers next time..
    I am watching the reunion on the tivo right now.
    It is very entertaining. Alot of footage that we missed.
    Welcome back Fucker!
    ;)
  • Options
    This tofu tastes like beef!
    What's up with that?
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I am watching the reunion on the tivo right now.
    It is very entertaining. Alot of footage that we missed.
    Welcome back Fucker!
    ;)

What the fuck, I want to gloat some more! And my girl Steph even took the fan favorite title..lol..too easy...Hung would still run circles around this chick though no doubt :)..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:
    What the fuck, I want to gloat some more! And my girl Steph even took the fan favorite title..lol..too easy...Hung would still run circles around this chick though no doubt :)..
    And Steven could outdress and outpour them all. :p
    And still have perfect hair! :)
    Yeah, yeah...you are the Champ. Now we know what your name stands for.
    Welcome back! Hope you had fun on your honeymoon.
    :)
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    love top chef chicago!!
    i was so happy stephanie won!
    i originally liked antonia but then stephanie grew on me!!
    anyone agree that dale looks exactly like last season's winner?? they could be twins!!

and the reunion special was AWESOME!! so funny! especially loved the t-shirt w/ andrew's quote!!