Options

Top Chef Chicago

AllIAmAllIAm Posts: 1,309
edited June 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
and its that time of year again!!!! who's ready for a little mayham and madness and alot of hot messes and fierceness... ok i get my shows mixed up..

but for real...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    I don't watch that show.....

One of my sister's swears by it!!
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • Options
    I don't watch that show.....

One of my sister's swears by it!!

its kind of awesome.. quite interesting too. the foods they cook are fascinating. its kinda like iron chef america.. but they all have attitudes, and yell at each other..
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    You know...I've caught an episode here and there...and what I've seen, I LOVED...and I *HATE* reality tv...but I love food!! :D
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    You know...I've caught an episode here and there...and what I've seen, I LOVED...and I *HATE* reality tv...but I love food!! :D

well then that seals the deal... you are in.. wednesday night.. 10pm.. all the cool kids are doing it. maybe even pjammas will make an appearance on this thread..
  • Options
    GraySaturdayGraySaturday Posts: 2,878
    I've seen every episode of top chef and now its in my city!! Yay!

I'm so there!
  • Options
    AllIAm wrote:
    well then that seals the deal... you are in.. wednesday night.. 10pm.. all the cool kids are doing it. maybe even pjammas will make an appearance on this thread..

Perfect...I've been looking for something to fill my Wednesday nights.

• Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    I see some new bandwagon jumpers. Welcome :)..So assume you guys witnessed my boy Hung embarrass everyone last season. Don't worry, I plan to pick the winner again in a few weeks ;)..Is Western Pearl still around?
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:
    I see some new bandwagon jumpers. Welcome :)..So assume you guys witnessed my boy Hung embarrass everyone last season. Don't worry, I plan to pick the winner again in a few weeks ;)..Is Western Pearl still around?

there he is. took ya long enough. i havent scoped out the competition but im sure it will be a bloodbath this year as well. i hope you and your lovely will be watching.
  • Options
    Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996
    AllIAm wrote:
    there he is. took ya long enough. i havent scoped out the competition but im sure it will be a bloodbath this year as well. i hope you and your lovely will be watching.

When does it start up? I had a fun time last summer watching along with you guys.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • Options
    Solat13 wrote:
    When does it start up? I had a fun time last summer watching along with you guys.

wednesday at 10pm
  • Options
    AllIAm wrote:

Yeah, we'll be watching and hoping for plenty of bloodshed. I haven't check out the competition as of yet either, but there has to be more parity than last year because as we all know that just wasn't fair ;)...With that said, the probability of a woman winner this year is especially high, don't you think?
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996
    AllIAm wrote:
    wednesday at 10pm

Sweet, I'll just be getting home from a nice sushi dinner and some sake. Thanks for the heads up.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:
    Yeah, we'll be watching and hoping for plenty of bloodshed. I haven't check out the competition as of yet either, but there has to be more parity than last year because as we all know that just wasn't fair ;)...With that said, the probability of a woman winner this year is especially high, don't you think?

i would say its in the bag unless the fuck up royally.

i know the first guest judge is rocco dispirito.. ick. how i loathe him.
  • Options
    I'm so glad that it's back!! I fell in love with this show last year and I'm so excited that it is in my hometown this season! Hopefully the lone Chicago chef will do well!!!
    Lollapalooza 2007
    Eddie Vedder 8-22-08
    Chicago 8-23-09
    Chicago 8-24-09

"The love received is the love that is saved" - Eddie Vedder
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:

I'm here biaaaatch!! :D

I'm guessing everyone missed my top chef 4 thread a day or two ago? I'll let it slide.

So what is the premise for tomorrow night? Best hangover snack? I didn't know there were snacks for hangovers...bloody mary's maybe. If i ever have a hangover, the first thing i'm thinking about isn't eating.
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • Options

I'm guessing everyone missed my top chef 4 thread a day or two ago? I'll let it slide.

So what is the premise for tomorrow night? Best hangover snack? I didn't know there were snacks for hangovers...bloody mary's maybe. If i ever have a hangover, the first thing i'm thinking about isn't eating.

ahhh and the gangs all here.. i apologize about missing your other thread.. i dont make it on here as much anymore and im way too lazy to actually look through threads.. but here we are!

happy top chef night!
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    Western Pearl is definitely around. He even started a Top chef thread. :p
    Can't wait!
    :)
    I am the worst at picking a winner until near the end. I always think someone will be awesome and they are thrown out on the second show.
    I really hope they listened to my idea and do a Pillsbury QuickBread Fire Challenge. :p Mookie hated that joke. :mad: Or Champ...one of you.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Can't wait!
    I am the worst at picking a winner until near the end. I always think someone will be awesome and they are thrown out on the second show.
    I really hope they listened to my idea and do a Pillsbury QuickBread Fire Challenge. :p Mookie hated that joke. Or Champ...one of you.

T'was me. But I didn't hate it, I just elaborated on it. :D Excuse me, I didn't elaborate, I actually tweaked it. ;)
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    Ok, hi new Top Chef friends! I'm really going to try and be diligent about watching. As I mentioned before, I was never a "religious" TC watcher (hate reality tv), but I liked what I saw.

• Options

Sorry, didn't catch the thread, but here it is in case someone is compelled to read it ;)http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?p=5250324#post5250324
    I'm looking forward to a debate as well. You should have a fighting chance this time because you can't do much worse than defending Howie..He was way too easy of a target and an impossible mountain for you to climb..

As for hangover snacks/food, I completely disagree with you here already. I'm hungover every Sunday and really look forward to eating some greasy chinese or buffalo wings and mozzarella sticks!!
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Can't wait!
    I really hope they listened to my idea and do a Pillsbury QuickBread Fire Challenge. :p Mookie hated that joke. :mad: Or Champ...one of you.

i was wondering what took you so long... i knew your padma obsession was too much for you too handle.

can't wait to see calichio tonight with his half unbuttoned shirt.. sexy sexy
  • Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    T'was me. But I didn't hate it, I just elaborated on it. :D Excuse me, I didn't elaborate, I actually tweaked it. ;)
    It didn't need any tweaking! :mad:
    And it wasn't so much that you elaborated on it..you said it was not funny.
    :p
    It was funny.
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    TrixieCat wrote:
    It didn't need any tweaking! :mad:
    And it wasn't so much that you elaborated on it..you said it was not funny.
    :p
    It was funny.

Without digging up the thread I remember one of your lines on there was hilarious! The one that you speak of was, um, sweet. ;)
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    AllIAm wrote:
    and its that time of year again!!!! who's ready for a little mayham and madness and alot of hot messes and fierceness... ok i get my shows mixed up..

but for real...
    i cant WAIT for this show!!! CHICAGO!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    For those at-home moms like me (well, sorta)...Bravo is having a TC (not Trixie Cat) marathon right now. :D

• Options
    AllIAm wrote:
    i was wondering what took you so long... i knew your padma obsession was too much for you too handle.

can't wait to see calichio tonight with his half unbuttoned shirt.. sexy sexy
    Obsession is such an approp,, erm harsh word. I am an admirer. :)
    I thought in the previews I saw that Tom isn't even bothering with a shirt this season. :p
  • Options
    well i thought it was pretty good. you can already tell who the assholes and who the stars are going to be. just based on personality i liked spike and mark.. that poor guys face when he was up for elimination.. and the accent.. oh my.

the guy with the orange hair was funny at first.. like seth green.. and then he got mucho annoying. other than that nothing really stood out. ryan, miguel and the guy with the faux hawk look like they are going to be the most annoying.

oh oh and looks like we have another howie with the big dude sweating in his food!!!
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    I caught it last night

clearly some that are better than the others

whats up with the lesbian couple though?

Are the others going to get conjugal visits to level the playing field?

Nimma was clearly out of her league and if cant make an effing scampi you got no business on that show.

I actually like richard-he was not an ass about "smoking" Andrew, and who, is as annoying as hell. And whats with all the profanity?
  • Options
    quite happy Nimma was the first to go...i did not feel bad...last season that poor dude who got sent home first i kinda felt bad about....she bothered me from the start...
  • Options
    I watched it!!! :D Go me! :D LOL I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Nimma. ;):p