Options

Top Chef Chicago

Comments

• Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    I have to say, I think they keep running the same footag of Lisa standing on the chopping block, arms folded, look of DEATH on that face I am sure her mother loves. She can't only have 2 different looks in her repertoire????
    Spike shouldn't even have been up for elimination...they just needed to throw another person up there. Yes his dish was pedestrian but it looked good and who doesn't like chicken salad?? I was intrigued by the whole olive/grape combo...he is certainly in touch with his feminine side. :p
    Lisa's dish looked like barf and Andrew didn't play by the rules and his rolls looked as gross as they probably tasted. He was trying too hard to step it up to Richard's level.
    Dale has done nothing to wow me.
    My girl Antonia rocked the house again.
    Richard, Antonia and grr.....Steph for the finale. I hope.
    Let those girls take down the fauxhawk scientist.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    I don't like chicken salad! :p:D

I think now it's going to be Richard, Dale, and Antonia in the final 3. Dale might not be overly impressive, but he's not usually in the bottom three of either quickfire or elimination challenges. He wins enough to remain competitive and slides by when the challenge doesn't let him showcase his strengths. Steph is waaaay to hit or miss. One week her dishes look great, the next like crap. If she was more consistent, I'd say she'd be in the final 3. All in all, I think it's Richard's competition to lose right now.
  • Options
    I don't like chicken salad! :p:D

I think now it's going to be Richard, Dale, and Antonia in the final 3. Dale might not be overly impressive, but he's not usually in the bottom three of either quickfire or elimination challenges. He wins enough to remain competitive and slides by when the challenge doesn't let him showcase his strengths. Steph is waaaay to hit or miss. One week her dishes look great, the next like crap. If she was more consistent, I'd say she'd be in the final 3. All in all, I think it's Richard's competition to lose right now.
    :eek: No chicken salad?? :p
    I just don't think Dale is a good enough chef and he totally showcased that during the wedding challenge. He took too much on and messed it all up.
    Antonia cooks with her heart, Richard with his head and we'll see who winds up being the other finalist. I wish it would be Spike because I think he cooks with his soul.
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    Nope, no chicken salad. I don't like mayonnaise at all. I know Spike's didn't have mayo, but I still probably wouldn't have tried his. It's weird, because I eat eggs and use oil occasionally on salads, but mix the two together and it makes me want to puke....:o

It will be interesting to see how it all plays out though. I don't think Spike or Lisa have what it takes to win. Any of the other 4 could win, but I hope it's Antonia. She just seems like the most likeable contestant, which is why I think I'm pulling for her.
  • Options
    Nope, no chicken salad. I don't like mayonnaise at all. I know Spike's didn't have mayo, but I still probably wouldn't have tried his. It's weird, because I eat eggs and use oil occasionally on salads, but mix the two together and it makes me want to puke....:o

It will be interesting to see how it all plays out though. I don't think Spike or Lisa have what it takes to win. Any of the other 4 could win, but I hope it's Antonia. She just seems like the most likeable contestant, which is why I think I'm pulling for her.
    And may I remind the champ that I have been pulling for her since the begining.
    :)
  • Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    What the hell is going on here? From what I saw, my girl Steph killed yet again no? She destroyed Antonia last night and the week prior won the fucking challenge with her glorious wedding cake..and yesterday she effortlessly whipped up that awesome soup :)...talk about a versatile top chef, jesus!! Antonia's 'mothering' food/dishes are getting old and it really exposes what a one dimensional cook she truly is..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:
    What the hell is going on here? From what I saw, my girl Steph killed yet again no? She destroyed Antonia last night and the week prior won the fucking challenge with her glorious wedding cake..and yesterday she effortlessly whipped up that awesome soup :)...talk about a versatile top chef, jesus!! Antonia's 'mothering' food/dishes are getting old and it really exposes what a one dimensional cook she truly is..

Okay, so no problem with the above from anyone? That's what I thought ;)..and yet again my girl Steph kicked major monkey ass tonight!
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    holtzholtz Posts: 509
    The Champ wrote:
    What the hell is going on here? From what I saw, my girl Steph killed yet again no? She destroyed Antonia last night and the week prior won the fucking challenge with her glorious wedding cake..

Actually the judges said Lisa's wedding cake tasted better than Steph's.

I was shocked to see Dale go tonight, Lisa screwed up two dishes and deserved to go more. Spike was lucky to be out on the floor as I'm think he is the weakest of that team.

It has to be Steph vs Richard in the final now, no one else is on par with those two.
  • Options
    holtz wrote:
    Actually the judges said Lisa's wedding cake tasted better than Steph's.

I was shocked to see Dale go tonight, Lisa screwed up two dishes and deserved to go more. Spike was lucky to be out on the floor as I'm think he is the weakest of that team.

It has to be Steph vs Richard in the final now, no one else is on par with those two.

I was shocked as well. Both Andrew and Dale are significantly more talented than Lisa..First she threw Andrew under the bus and now Dale..What the fuck, the judges haven't a clue..the producers are obviously pushing for a female winner this season..

Oh and fuck Spike! What a retard..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Dale didnt do his job, wasnt a team player and presented one of the worst dishes Ive ever seen on that show. As the executive chef, he was responsible for all the dishes and thats why he got the boot.

Lisa may have even sabotaged him ("Dale picked the rice") and it worked.
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:
    I was shocked as well. Both Andrew and Dale are significantly more talented than Lisa..First she threw Andrew under the bus and now Dale..What the fuck, the judges haven't a clue..the producers are obviously pushing for a female winner this season..

Leave Spike alone! :mad:
    :p

All I have to say is:
    What
    The
    Frack???????????

Why oh why is Lisa still there. Why????
    And Spike is usually on the upside of the quickfire.
    Poor Dale. :( That was sad.
    But, c'mon.....butterscotch and scallops??? Almost as bad as that tomato crap Stephanie made the other week.

"You're not talking to your parole officer" hahahahahahahahaha

"Baby vomit with wood chips"...:p

"Like sticking your nose in a campfire" stupid Lisa

ANd PS, I think one of the front of house people got sent packing once....Spike's dish was the only thing that was good.
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:

Lisa may have even sabotaged him ("Dale picked the rice") and it worked.

I watched the episode again and Dale did pick the rice so Lisa was right that about that. They probably should of sent both Dale and Lisa home as both couldn't work as a team.

Just saw a commercial for next week looks like the past winners show up, it will be interesting to them again.
  • Options
    JenInTheBxJenInTheBx Posts: 293
    The Champ wrote:

Andrew made sushi as a lunch for police officers- that was a very poor choice. I understood why they kicked him off last week. Spikes food last week was not all that good or creative and he tried to screw the other chef's- not good. A "Top Chef" should not be screwing other people in an attempt to win- you need to do it with your talent.

And if there is a female winner, it should be Stephanie- I've been pulling for her the whole way. I don't think Lisa is all that talented- I was kinda shocked to see Dale go home over her. Lisa botched everything last night. That dessert looked disgusting.
  • Options
    Yes, I was sad as well to see Dale go. I think the judges were torn between Dale and Lisa but since he was executive chef they had to pick him. But COME ON!!! when the hell is Lisa going to get the boot??? Her piss poor attitude sucks and her food sucks. Her greasy, knappy ass hair needs to go. Anyone ever notice that her hair is RARELY tied back? How unsanitary is that?!?!
    Lollapalooza 2007
    Eddie Vedder 8-22-08
    Chicago 8-23-09
    Chicago 8-24-09

"The love received is the love that is saved" - Eddie Vedder
  • Options
    dawngdawng Posts: 644
    I am also surprised that Lisa did not go home. I really think Dale deserved to stay...even if he did make butterscotch scallops (yuk!) I just really don't feel that Lisa's cooking, or her attitude, deserve to get her into the final 5. Next week it will be her turn!
    Check out my Sudsy Chick Etsy Store for all natural homemade bath products!
  • Options
    So did anyone else watch tonight? The final four is set and unfortunately Lisa made it.
  • Options
    holtz wrote:
    So did anyone else watch tonight? The final four is set and unfortunately Lisa made it.

Like I said from the start, Steph is going to take this thing! And if not, she certainly faired very well for herself. I can't believe Lisa is still here, and Richard although is a great chef is annoying as fuck.

Nice to see my boy Hung last night..Ilan or whatever his name is from the second season can go fuck himself..

See you later Spike! You suck almost as much as your dumb fucking hats :)..bottom 2/3 7 times?? lol..what a loser ;)..sorry Trix..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    Her greasy, knappy ass hair needs to go. Anyone ever notice that her hair is RARELY tied back? How unsanitary is that?!?!

Speaking of hair, y'all see the promo for next week? Good God she looks more butch than ever..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:
    Like I said from the start, Steph is going to take this thing! And if not, she certainly faired very well for herself. I can't believe Lisa is still here, and Richard although is a great chef is annoying as fuck.

Nice to see my boy Hung last night..Ilan or whatever his name is from the second season can go fuck himself..

See you later Spike! You suck almost as much as your dumb fucking hats :)..bottom 2/3 7 times?? lol..what a loser ;)..sorry Trix..
    I really don't think Richard is all that. He can do some cool stuff, but c'mon, you can't cook a steak??? Or eggs???
    All flash my friends.
    Poor Spike. My eye candy is gone. :(
    It really is unbelievable that Lisa is still there...really.
    And her hair is usually back behind a bandanna when she is cooking.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    i just watched this for the first time last night

i loved it. it is MUCH better then Hell's Kitchen in my opinion...
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    poor spike
    I actually liked him, but the second he knew the scallops were bad, he should have chucked them.

another good episode
  • Options
    CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    I'm tired of looking at Lisa's face.
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    mensanemensane Posts: 912
    it is so obnoxious how Lisa looks at judges' table. she stands there with her arms folded all defensive and pissed off looking. i can't stand her. and she cannot cook.

i hope steph or antonia win. i like how calm they are able to stay while cooking amazing dishes. you dont have to be a hothead to be a good chef.

i also watch hell's kitchen and it is insane how different the skill level is between the two sets of chefs. last night on top chef, they did a complete dinner service (including tasting portions for the judges) without even breaking a sweat. on hell's kitchen, they can't get through a service of cooking the same things they have been doing all season.
  • Options
    alpittalpitt Posts: 91
    Lisa is terrible in every possible way: cooking, looks, attitude. I'm still fuming over why Dale is out of this competition. He won about 25% of the challenges and was clearly one of the best two or three. I guess I'm rooting for Stephanie now.
    "I'm an ideas man Michael, I think I proved that with F*ck Mountain" -GOB
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:

They had so many team challenges this season so that could be why he was in the bottom even if he didn't do poorly on a challenge himself, like Wedding Wars.
  • Options
    holtz wrote:
    They had so many team challenges this season so that could be why he was in the bottom even if he didn't do poorly on a challenge himself, like Wedding Wars.

Could you please stop pointing out the lack of clarity and/or facts in my posts. Admittedly, I am not following this season very carefully and yes I exeggerate certain points in order to rub it in further;)..I've been riding Steph..everyone else is pretty much crap..Anyway, Spike should have been shown the door long ago..:)
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    alpitt wrote:
    Lisa is terrible in every possible way: cooking, looks, attitude. I'm still fuming over why Dale is out of this competition. He won about 25% of the challenges and was clearly one of the best two or three. I guess I'm rooting for Stephanie now.

Yeah, Dale seemed to win a lot and/or at least be in the running and yet they threw him off before Spike and Lisa..lol...bunch of bullshit..

Go Steph!
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:
    Yeah, Dale seemed to win a lot and/or at least be in the running and yet they threw him off before Spike and Lisa..lol...bunch of bullshit..

Go Steph!
    Yes, but at least Spike is hot.
    And he can cut a mean steak.
    And make eggs.
    :)
    :p
  • Options
    dawngdawng Posts: 644
    mensane wrote:
    it is so obnoxious how Lisa looks at judges' table. she stands there with her arms folded all defensive and pissed off looking. i can't stand her. and she cannot cook.

i hope steph or antonia win. i like how calm they are able to stay while cooking amazing dishes. you dont have to be a hothead to be a good chef.

i also watch hell's kitchen and it is insane how different the skill level is between the two sets of chefs. last night on top chef, they did a complete dinner service (including tasting portions for the judges) without even breaking a sweat. on hell's kitchen, they can't get through a service of cooking the same things they have been doing all season.

couldn't have said it better myself :) I am hoping that Antonia wins! She's done very well throughout the competition, and I like that she's a mom too.

Hell's Kitchen has to get people that will put up with Chef Ramsey screaming obscenities at them...seems a lot of the folks are line cooks, caterers, etc. It seems that Top Chef are all executive chefs, managers, leads, etc. I much prefer Top Chef, but my husband prefers HK. He says he wants to work for Chef Ramsey. They would get along great.
    Check out my Sudsy Chick Etsy Store for all natural homemade bath products!
  • Options
    I get bored at night and will watch the show twice so I catch way too much.

I think Steph should win as well, took me a lot longer to come to that conclusion though. She has been impressive in her cooking but is respectful and laid back so some people might over look her since she isn't drawing attention to herself. So unless she screws up big in Puerto Rico I think she the Top Chef. I hope Dale shows up in Puerto Rico to help out somehow.

I hope next year they have less team challenges, too easy for poor chefs to hide on a good team and make it further than they should.