How 'bout them Penguins? How 'bout them Penguins!

Comments

• Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    takem to 7 !

that place is friggin loud !
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    o no 2-0 in 2nd
  • This is scary. Talbot with 30 seconds left again?
    how is it that the older wings look less affected than the young pens? better conditioning i guess. Chalk up another thing babcock did better than therrien.
    The red wings are def the better team but that doesn't mean the pens still can't win.
    wow 2-1 going into 3rd

HERE WE GO!!!
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    malkin? malkin? didn't know he made the finals roster :)

nice to see him finally get on the scorecard.

should be a great 3rd.
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    45.8 seconds here we go.
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    i'm rooting for them.. didn't do much good tonite :(
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • stylo17stylo17 Posts: 1,001
    2 inches away from crossing that line after bouncing off Osgood's glove.
    6/11/08 WPB

♬♪♫ and I will not, grow tired of crayon stars and fire

♬♪♫ cause a soldier's death is so much better than defeat just hanging around
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    geez i know!
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • AAAh! so close. Frustrating to say the least. Why is fleury such a yo-yo? he's the reason why there was a game 6 and then blah.
    But you have to give credit to the red wings. they are a machine. they just get at you and get at you. Great team.
    Congratulations penguins on a great season. I sure didn't think they'd get here this fast. And the good thing is the boys became men and this is just the start of a special team.
    Hossa and Orpik played themselves out of pittsburgh with great playoff performances. I think Malone will stay. time will tell.
    i think i need a drink...
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    stylo17 wrote:
    2 inches away from crossing that line after bouncing off Osgood's glove.
    ....but time had expired!!!!! Hoist the cup, Wings!!!!!
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • stylo17stylo17 Posts: 1,001
    tybird wrote:
    ....but time had expired!!!!! Hoist the cup, Wings!!!!!

true true. didn't go in, Red Wings win. congrats.
    6/11/08 WPB

♬♪♫ and I will not, grow tired of crayon stars and fire

♬♪♫ cause a soldier's death is so much better than defeat just hanging around
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Tough game...great series

Kudos to the Pens fans..I didn't see one thing thrown on the ice at all

I think the whole building stayed just about
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • nocode23nocode23 Posts: 411
    Good job Pens. You guys are stacked with talent, your next championship won't be too far away.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    Great season Pens and I love the ALL out effort.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• congrats to the pens for a great season and playing gritty against my wings. hey, let's do it again next year!
    "Have you ever.........pooped a balloon?"
    ~D.K.S.
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    Damn that was a good ending... Too many missed chances by the Pens, and a couple lucky bounces for the Red Wings in this game. This was probably the most even game of the series.

The better team won the series, but I am proud of my 'guins... They showed grit and toughness against an awesome wings team.

Now the countdown to next season begins.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    Ba Bye
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    Damn that was a good ending... Too many missed chances by the Pens, and a couple lucky bounces for the Red Wings in this game. This was probably the most even game of the series.

The better team won the series, but I am proud of my 'guins... They showed grit and toughness against an awesome wings team.

Now the countdown to next season begins.

I'm a Pens fan, but even I can't call that a good ending. Fleury gave up 2 bad goals, the offense couldn't convert another 5-on-3, had only 1 shot well into the 3rd period, and the Pens looked like they had cement bricks on their skates the whole game. They did lose to a superior team, but they didn't help themselves by not putting the puck on the net. I went hoarse shouting "SHOOT THE PUCK" at my TV all night.

They did have a good season and that gives me hope for next year. Aside from game 5 their Finals performance was forgettable, though.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Good season Pittsburgh! The future looks bright (depending on if your GM can keep the team together . . . and if they hire a competent coach).

Anyway, I was still in shock from game 5 (my direct TV lost signal half-way through the 3rd OT due to thunderstorms). I thought we were going to see a repeat.

I was very impressed by the class of the Penguin fans at the end. That has to be tough to watch, but besides a few early boos, they were outstanding in their sportsmanship.

It's tough to lose a championship, but it is still a season to remember.
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Tough game...great series

Kudos to the Pens fans..I didn't see one thing thrown on the ice at all

I think the whole building stayed just about
    Yeah, props to the fans in the building who didn't bail out as soon as the buzzer went, and stayed on their feet for the Wings' parade.

No surprise whatsoever that the Pens' made it as far as they did.

The odds were slim that Hossa was resigning anyway, so I wouldn't get too down if he's the first one gone.

Fluery continues his inconsistent play, as previously mentioned.

Should be an interesting '08-'09 campaign, wouldn't be surprised to see the same two teams meet again.
    Jason P wrote:
    Good season Pittsburgh! The future looks bright (depending on if your GM can keep the team together . . . and if they hire a competent coach).

Anyway, I was still in shock from game 5 (my direct TV lost signal half-way through the 3rd OT due to thunderstorms). I thought we were going to see a repeat.

I was very impressed by the class of the Penguin fans at the end. That has to be tough to watch, but besides a few early boos, they were outstanding in their sportsmanship.

It's tough to lose a championship, but it is still a season to remember.
    It's kind of funny that throughout the year up until the finals there was nothing but praise about Therrien and how good a job he was doing, but since the Pens level of play dropped from round 3 to 4 people want him run out of town...
  • polarispolaris Posts: 3,527
    5 left handed shooters on a 5 on 3 pp!?? ... aside from malkin and hossa - the rest of the team looked like they were in way over their heads ... being outshot at home in the stanley cup finals especially in the 3rd period when you're down a goal is brutal ...

the far superior team won ... detroit sent out 3 solid lines out shift after shift
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    Rygar wrote:
    It's kind of funny that throughout the year up until the finals there was nothing but praise about Therrien and how good a job he was doing, but since the Pens level of play dropped from round 3 to 4 people want him run out of town...
    C'mon if Fleury wasn't in there net theres no way they make it this far
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:
    C'mon if Fleury wasn't in there net theres no way they make it this far
    Yeah, cause Ty Conklin didn't get them any wins while Fluery was injured ;)
    The Pens could have made it to the finals with Toskala in nets.
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    Rygar wrote:
    Yeah, cause Ty Conklin didn't get them any wins while Fluery was injured ;)
    The Pens could have made it to the finals with Toskala in nets.
    i guess, but its not like he played terrible last night, the winning goal nine times outta ten doesn't go in when the goalie trys to fall back on it.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:
    i guess, but its not like he played terrible last night, the winning goal nine times outta ten doesn't go in when the goalie trys to fall back on it.
    No, he didn't play terrible, but he was a bit off.
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    Rygar wrote:
    No, he didn't play terrible, but he was a bit off.

The second goal was the only soft one in my opinion... he gave up a really juicy rebound and didn't stay composed for the second shot.

The first goal was deflected, and the third that was just a great shot/release by Zetterberg... You can't really fault Fleury for not falling back on it sooner, he (like everyone else except Mark Jonnette) thought it was covered.

Rygar wrote:

I have nothing bad to say about Therrien... He has made this team into what it is, and got everyone to buy into the defensive system. I think too much was being made about the line matchups. Crosby/Malkin/Hossa have to get a lot of minutes, if you keep pulling them off the ice to avoid Lidstrom/Rafalski or the Zetterberg line, they won't be on the ice much at all. Even when Crosby's line did get out there against the "right" matchup, the D pair was changed instantly anyway.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • MCGMCG Posts: 780
    DeLukin wrote:
    I went hoarse shouting "SHOOT THE PUCK" at my TV all night.

Don't blame you, before their 3rd period power play they only had 3 shots on goal for the period. That penalty was called with less than 2 minutes left.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • MCG wrote:
    Don't blame you, before their 3rd period power play they only had 3 shots on goal for the period. That penalty was called with less than 2 minutes left.

That's been the penguins problem for years, trying to make the cutesy tic tac toe play instead of just peppering the goalie with shots and pounding in rebounds.