How 'bout them Penguins? How 'bout them Penguins!

Comments

• stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    g under p wrote:
    The announcers need a water break. Man, where's the oxygen?

Peace
    yea seriously. like that other game where it ran almost the whole period with no whistle. I like watching that kinda flow, non stop action!
    man...this is incredible,,...how many chances are the wings gonna get??
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    g under p wrote:
    The announcers need a water break. Man, where's the oxygen?

Peace

love no commercial breaks in playoff OT.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    stickboy wrote:
    yea seriously. like that other game where it ran almost the whole period with no whistle. I like watching that kinda flow, non stop action!
    man...this is incredible,,...how many chances are the wings gonna get??

I once watched a Capitals/Bruins game and they played 10:37 in the 2nd period without a stoppage in play. It was unreal.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

damn! zetterberg penalty???
    the 2 guys I called had the best chances so far

*replay*

wheres the penalty???
    Here ya go Pens it's PP time.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

oh man here we go. 1 ot down
    how many more OT's does it take or does it end next one?
    the longer it goes on, the greater advantage the pens have i think. they have the young legs.
    the longer it goes on, the greater advantage the pens have i think. they have the young legs.
    this guy maguire said the all seemed out of gas at one point halfway thru the 1st ot.

funny...the commentators re-iterating what I said in the other thread
    the league has GOT to do something about our officiating already. This has gotten too out of hand
    where the FUCK from the neutral zone did jerkoff see a penalty??
    anyways, justice was served and they killed it, but still they gotta fix it
  • rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,901
    Retarded penalty call, and I'd say it even if I wasn't a Wings fan. That kind of call just reeks of someone trying to fabricate a longer series.
    Retarded penalty call, and I'd say it even if I wasn't a Wings fan. That kind of call just reeks of someone trying to fabricate a longer series.
    yea thats fucked up if thats the case
    so if logic prevails...the wings should get a call their way??
    let's see...
    2ot on.....
    another bad call.

funny how the ref behind the net didn't make the call, but the one out on the blue line did.
    yo....

W

T

F

MAN?????
    I'm just a hockey fan...not even a wings fan!
    what is he supposed to do?? These calls make me wanna puke :rolleyes:
    They be ROCKIN back in Pittsburgh come Wednesday!

Peace

• restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    oh shit!!! pitts is gonna be nuts on wednesday......what a game.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    Great win Pens...I hope you guys stick it to Detroit in Game 6 again!!!

Good luck with Game 6. :)
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • UNREAL! what a game. Momentum has now shifted to the penguins. Twice breaking the redwings hearts in the same game. Cmon boys, win at the igloo and finish it back at the joe!
    The wings have played better but hopefully this breaks their back.
  • stickboy wrote:
    man we lost the series in game 1. plain and simple, and no matter what anyone tells me if we win that we win the series. But it didnt and thats the thing that bothered me the most..that WE blew it moreso than the whole ref debacle and then WE blew it with the whole Hollweg incident... and, lets all admit it, not just for my rangers but for the entire league....our officiating sucks balls! So depsite thr outcome I dont think the "better" team won. Other elements palyed a factor and you guys got the better part of it.
    anyways, I highly doubt it'd be anymore of a lopsided series than it is now and with that said whats this I hear from the Wings Fans?

WE WANT THE CUP???
    well this is me chanting

NAN NA NAN NA
    NANA NA NAAA
    HEY HEY HEY GOODBYEEE
    :D

uh...buh bye Pens

i have to quote this just because...
  • Tonight I am Happy!!!
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    AH YES the thread has life

major props to fluery for stealing that one

great game
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    What a game. You gotta love the Pens for trading blows with a superior team. Hopefully they'll didn't shoot their entire load last night and have something left for Wednesday!
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
    DeLukin wrote:
    What a game. You gotta love the Pens for trading blows with a superior team. Hopefully they'll didn't shoot their entire load last night and have something left for Wednesday!

more like taking blows and fluery getting hit hard lol,but not going down
    fleury stole the show. he was incredible.

can't believe the wings were 35 seconds away from sealing the deal.
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    The reason we don't post as much anymore is because of moronic theories such as this and all the "crysby cant grow a beard lol lol lolzers"
    I mean what the fuck, all you get is the sour grapes flyers and rangers fans on here trying to feel better about getting whupped by the pens.
    The redwings are whipping our asses now and although it sucks it's just one more obstacle out of the way onto becoming great.

Stickboy the pens beat you in 5. as much as you get on crosby for crying, you sure cried a bucketful in that post. But if the pens took it to you that bad just be glad your not watching the wings demolish you.

It was also funny how in the only penguin win there was nobody on here. But every single loss brings out the flyer/ranger fans. I think that says something.

Sorry but I feel fine about being beat by the Pens... did I like it??? no but the steps that the Flyers have taken over the last year show that they should be a contending team for years to come.

It's also amazing that after every Pens loss, there are no Pens fans here... no one flapping their wings and sticking their chests out. But after every Rangers or Flyers loss, there were fans there, talking about what happened, how to correct it, and what they were looking forward to. But in the Pens thread...... dead silence.

And why should the Flyers thread still keep going, there is no info coming out, no action so far in the offseason. When that happens, I'll guarantee that thread will be alive.

All that said, a great game by Fluery, hopefully for the Pens, he can stand on his head again and force the series to a game 7.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,563
    fleury stole the show. he was incredible.

can't believe the wings were 35 seconds away from sealing the deal.

Exactly!
    Fleury mad some ridiculous saves!! Good Lord!
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • I've always been maybe a little too critical of Fleury. But he earned my trust bigtime last night. Series is over without Fleury. Keep it up flower!
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    I've always been maybe a little too critical of Fleury. But he earned my trust bigtime last night. Series is over without Fleury. Keep it up flower!
    The problem with Fleury is that he will play like he did last night, and follow it up with a real stinker (he's been more consistent in this year's playoffs).
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,823
    fantastic game last night

that third period was some of the best hockey Ive seen in a long time
    Get_Right wrote:
    fantastic game last night

that third period was some of the best hockey Ive seen in a long time

this is the game that the "non-fans" need to see

no better sport imo
  • chromiam wrote:
    It's also amazing that after every Pens loss, there are no Pens fans here... no one flapping their wings and sticking their chests out. But after every Rangers or Flyers loss, there were fans there, talking about what happened, how to correct it, and what they were looking forward to. But in the Pens thread...... dead silence.

I just have to correct you on one thing...

There was not one single post on this thread after the Pens game 3 win until the day of game 4, so we don't all run in here after a win either :D
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    chromiam wrote:

I can't speak for every pens fan, but as a sports fan in general, when my team loses, I usually don't want to talk about it, read about it, watch highlights, etc...

Unlike Flyers fans who I've noticed on other boards either turn doom and gloom and want to get rid of everyone and fire the coach, or make excuses about it and blame the officiating.

Every fanbase has their way of dealing with losses...
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln