How 'bout them Penguins? How 'bout them Penguins!

Comments

• kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    Sorry for the loss of Malone and Roberts and likely Hossa, but hey i guess u can't keep the same team every year
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Time to bring this thread back. Not much to say except for lets go penguins.
  • pretextpretext Posts: 1,294
    Time to bring this thread back. Not much to say except for lets go penguins.

And they're gonna need all your lovin' if Crosby has to carry super-softy Satan on his wing all year. they were lucky to get a split with ottawa last weekend.

Oh, and Go Flyers! :)
  • lralle wrote:
    And they're gonna need all your lovin' if Crosby has to carry super-softy Satan on his wing all year. they were lucky to get a split with ottawa last weekend.

Oh, and Go Flyers! :)

Satan did look a little soft. He should get better. It has been a while since he has been surrounded with any talent. Lets go Pens.
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLA4FoO-HHQ

This commercial nearly brings a tear to my eye. It's funny, even though the Steelers have been the number one team in town for a few decades now, the Penguins are such a crucial part of the city's heart and soul. They are becoming a 1-A, which is great for a somewhat young franchise in a city with 2 older teams.

I know I am biased, but I think the Pens are the premier franchise in pro sports. The players personally deliver tickets to season ticket holders, the greatest owner in sports (Mario) takes less money to keep the team in town, they go above and beyond with community involvement, etc etc etc.

That being said, I think this commercial captures the essence of what the team means to the town.
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLA4FoO-HHQ

This commercial nearly brings a tear to my eye. It's funny, even though the Steelers have been the number one team in town for a few decades now, the Penguins are such a crucial part of the city's heart and soul. They are becoming a 1-A, which is great for a somewhat young franchise in a city with 2 older teams.

I know I am biased, but I think the Pens are the premier franchise in pro sports. The players personally deliver tickets to season ticket holders, the greatest owner in sports (Mario) takes less money to keep the team in town, they go above and beyond with community involvement, etc etc etc.

That being said, I think this commercial captures the essence of what the team means to the town.

Great commercial, gotta love those penguins.

And how about tonights game for Crosby, 100th goal, 200th assist and 300th point all in the same game. Sweet.
  • Crosby's 100th goal was insane. Sure, the Crosby haters will say it was luck, but he has done that sort of thing too many times for it not to be skill (the good ones do have a little luck on their side as well). The last guy that I remember scoring goals like that was, well, Mario Lemieux
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
  • Crosby's 100th goal was insane. Sure, the Crosby haters will say it was luck, but he has done that sort of thing too many times for it not to be skill (the good ones do have a little luck on their side as well). The last guy that I remember scoring goals like that was, well, Mario Lemieux

Gretzky and Mario both scored a lot of goals like that. Pretty good company. Hopefully tonight Crosby will have another big game.

Lets go Pens.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    you guys pretty much dominated the entire night thru,
    even Fleury looked unbelieveable

just 10 seconds out of a W and those 2 points.

that was nuts.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    you guys pretty much dominated the entire night thru,
    even Fleury looked unbelieveable

just 10 seconds out of a W and those 2 points.

that was nuts.

Yeah that was a heartbreaker to lose on a relatively weak goal.

I do think that these two teams will be battling it out all year for the division, so it should be fun.
  • Sweet game today. My dad cheers for the flyers. I asked my 3 year old what he was going to say to him and he said"sorry about your loss, it will be ok." Pretty funny.
  • bump!!

pens need some lovin. we are slumping, geno is slumping...multi game skids left and right

im not pushin tha panic button or nothin, crosby remains an absolute force to be reckoned with, fleurry is straight top notch 9times outta10, and our team and def particularly have played most admirably in the face of much adversity

im on my way out to watch the boys at me local pub, gotta show'em some love on their track through western canada and pray for the power play to get back on track!!!
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
  • mario interested in saving the pirates!? awesome says i...but difficult, unlikely and still a loooong way off from relevance for the buccos even if it does happen

http://www.thepensblog.com/pensblog/january-2010/mario-lemieux-wants-to-buy-the-pirates.html
  • oh yeah and big game of the week on nbc tomorrow against the wings LETS GO PENS!!!
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    Yesterday my girlfriend, who isn't really much of a sports fan, made an astute observation that I had never thought of, and haven't been able to refute.
    She was like- "is Pittsburgh the only city where all the pro sports teams wear the same colors?"
    I think she's right...
    Big game tomorrow- I love the Wings, but injuries and old age are catching up. I hope it will at least be a fun game to watch!
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • killer shootout!!! dont mind givin up the point since wings'r in tha west

but maaaaan go sid n geno in tha shotout...dang!!!

and now off to see moe tonight

moe=meh, no pj no pheesh...but its good live tunes on pgh on a sunday night after pens top wings...again!!!
  • whooooo!!! how bout that sid tha kid!?!?

pens go from a two goal defecit to a 5-4 victory thanks in no small part to sid's awesome hatty and of course stall's gritty and determined play...that stall kids a real beast

always fun to beat up the sabres ;) if miller joke is the pride of us hockey then we in some trouble come olympics
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    whooooo!!! how bout that sid tha kid!?!?

pens go from a two goal defecit to a 5-4 victory thanks in no small part to sid's awesome hatty and of course stall's gritty and determined play...that stall kids a real beast

always fun to beat up the sabres ;) if miller joke is the pride of us hockey then we in some trouble come olympics

crysbaby? little girl
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • !?!?

do you know what hockey is?
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    !?!?

yes been watching it for 35 years

tis a shame such a great player crys to ref after every whistle

but i wont say anymore on this
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • fine say no more...you know you got no grounds to trash tha kid anyway

by the way, you have learned what the "C" stands for on his sweater in your 35 years of hockey trolling, yes?

it means you go talk to the refs about whistles and such, right or wrong win or lose, if you aint talkin to the refs you aint doin tha captains job...
  • !?!?

Since you obviously haven't watched him since around 2006, you should give it a shot... he's entertaining to watch.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • !?!?

You have no more to say on this because it's completely unfounded. Jealous fans crack me up.

And you think you know hockey :roll:
  • It is nice to see this thread on the front page again. I quit bumping it up a while ago because it seemed like I was talking to myself.

Good year so far. I love how Crosby has been shooting the puck instead of always looking for the pass. It has been paying off rather nicely.

And those crysby people crack me up, if he was on their team there would be nothing but love.
  • 8:30 am and shadyside is pretty snowed in

pens/habs at 2 and i dont wanna miss it!! (i dont have cable tv)

so im hopin the tav is open so i can watch tha boys go for tha season sweep on montreal!!

i heard there was talk of canceling tomorrow's pens/caps game in dc tomorrow cause of the snow :o :(
    i hope not tho cause im more excited about that game than the superbowl...yeah i think so :eh:

anyway LETS GO PENS!!!
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    8:30 am and shadyside is pretty snowed in

pens/habs at 2 and i dont wanna miss it!! (i dont have cable tv)

so im hopin the tav is open so i can watch tha boys go for tha season sweep on montreal!!

i heard there was talk of canceling tomorrow's pens/caps game in dc tomorrow cause of the snow :o :(
    i hope not tho cause im more excited about that game than the superbowl...yeah i think so :eh:

anyway LETS GO PENS!!!
    We're screwed without Cammalleri, although we aren't very good even with him in the line up.
  • ouch...tough loss...but good game habs, came out and skated hard all day and attacked the puck and the net. won the special teams game (who doesnt...our dang power play :x )

personally dont think hcdb (head coach dan bylsma) shoulda pulled fleury, but im not the professional here

and we do have a big one tomorrow afternoon!!

c'mon boys beat tha caps!
    ouch...tough loss...but good game habs, came out and skated hard all day and attacked the puck and the net. won the special teams game (who doesnt...our dang power play :x )

personally dont think hcdb (head coach dan bylsma) shoulda pulled fleury, but im not the professional here

and we do have a big one tomorrow afternoon!!

c'mon boys beat tha caps!
    Non-call in the first minute sorta set the tone for the rest of the day. The afternoon games are always a bit wonky. You guys were not on your game at all, and our guys were falling down and fanning on shots, etc. We did put a fine effort in though, so I am pretty pleased over all.
  • yeah i didnt wanna bring it up cause thems the breaks but an aggravating goal all the same and we get called for interference in the third!? (tho it was pretty full blown haha)

and it was funny to see the habs trip and fall about 3 or 4 times

good win tho canadiens ;)
    yeah i didnt wanna bring it up cause thems the breaks but an aggravating goal all the same and we get called for interference in the third!? (tho it was pretty full blown haha)

and it was funny to see the habs trip and fall about 3 or 4 times

good win tho canadiens ;)
    lol I wasn't laughing, especially when you scored the first one ;)

Yeah calls are missed all the time, but you usually only hear about the ones that result in a goal.
    Our rookie line was impressive.