How 'bout them Penguins? How 'bout them Penguins!

dotheevolution1dotheevolution1 Posts: 104
edited April 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Five in a row BABY!
Fuck the Rangers!
Crosby: 82 in 47.
WOOOOO.
puts his faith in love and, tremor christ.

"I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SwanSwan Posts: 350
    Five in a row BABY!
    Fuck the Rangers!
    WOOOOO.

i take it the penguins are doing something these days?
    I'm the only Hell Mama ever raised.
  • A toast to J.Ruutu, an a-hole being himself on the ice, and hoping that these future stars like Crosby and Malkin will help the Pens to stay in Pittsburgh otherwise go Isles!
  • It's finally starting to pay off sticking with the Pens. Especially since I live near Toronto and everyone of my friends is a Leafs fan. Now its my turn.
  • It is indeed the year of the Penguins.

Nobody can beat them in a best of seven right now. Nobody.
  • kristophed wrote:
    It's finally starting to pay off sticking with the Pens. Especially since I live near Toronto and everyone of my friends is a Leafs fan. Now its my turn.
    Same here, except all my friends are canucks fans cause im in BC.

• It is indeed the year of the Penguins.

Nobody can beat them in a best of seven right now. Nobody.

a playoff series is not at all like the regular season..

they don't have the experience to go anywhere - this year..
  • yup penguins are nuts!
  • I'm from Pittsburgh, so I've been a Pens fan all my life. In fact I'll even go so far to say they're my favoritie team from the city, more even than the stillers. It's great getting to watch this young, talented team to accomplish what they're doing now. I'll agree saying they're probably not winning a Stanley Cup or anything this year, but they will be a contender come mid-April. It's also nice to see our 3rd and 4th lines putting up points. We haven't had to ride on Crosby and Malkin's lines for the past few wins. That's been the most impressive thing during this streak.

BTW.... Congrats Mark Recchi on 500 goals.
    "Ok... if I smoke a joint Pittsburgh will soon be my favorite place on the planet. Somebody throw up a lighter come on. Ok we got the lighter. And this is a Marlboro Light, what kind of fucker..."
    -EV

http://www.petitiononline.com/keeppens/petition.html
    HELP KEEP THE PENS IN PITTSBURGH
  • a playoff series is not at all like the regular season..

I've seen enough playoff hockey to know that experience can be very overrated at times.

The thing is, they're too young to know any better and could easily make it through a few rounds.

Plus, Recchi's got enough experience for everyone on the team. :D
  • Lets go pens! I too am excited about this team. but i'd hold off on the stanley cup predictions for at least 2 more years. they will be the team to beat in a couple of years. They just better still be in pittsbrgh when that happens.
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    One of the things that actually worked with the new NHL system is that almost everyone in the league is a Cup contender.
    The only obvious teams are the ones that won't win it, like Boston, Philly or LA. Everyone else has a genuine chance, despite current inexplicable streaks (no one demonstrates this better than TO, who have long streaks of suck followed by great with no explanations...).
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    i agree , in a few years they should be the team to beat ,, but just too young right now to beat the sabres or the devils
  • 11 straight games with a point! The march of the Penguins continues...

I just hope they don't have a letdown against Philly after taking down the best team in hockey tonight. They've destroyed the Flyers all year and I would hate to see that end on Thursday after jumping into the 5th spot in the Eastern Conference with tonight's win.
  • a playoff series is not at all like the regular season..

Yeah, I don't think they can win it all this year, but they could make it through a couple of rounds. They might be one of those teams that are too young to let the playoffs even bother them... they don't know any better.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • They might be one of those teams that are too young to let the playoffs even bother them... they don't know any better.

I agree... You've got to have some kind of experience to win it all, IMO, but young teams like this can ride a hot streak (or a hot goalie) and make a ton of noise in the playoffs. The Detroit Tigers did it this year... there wasn't much playoff experience on that roster at all and they marched through the ALDS and the ALCS. Pressure doesn't get to you because you've never been before and don't know how you're "supposed" to act.
  • THCTHC Posts: 525

BTW.... Congrats Mark Recchi on 500 goals.

YES!! Congrats Mark Recchi!!! he's been my fav. hockey player forever! goes to show a guy who's 5' 10'' and not (8 feet tall) still can play w/ the big boys....

a snap shot from the heavens....yes indeed..... :)
    “Kept in a small bowl, the goldfish will remain small. With more space, the fish can grow double, triple, or quadruple its size.”
    -Big Fish
  • Fourth spot baby!

That's the best we can do unless we catch the Devils, which even though we're only 9 points back seems very unlikely unless Brodeur goes down. It's still funny that even though we're in fourth we're only a few points from being out as well.
  • Finally a penguins thread. I figured it out the other day that I have been a penguins fan for 20 years this year. We have had a few bad years in the last little while but this years team is reminding me of the early nineties. If the penalties are called the same throughout the playoffs I think they have a good chance at the Stanley Cup.
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Fourth spot baby!

That's the best we can do unless we catch the Devils, which even though we're only 9 points back seems very unlikely unless Brodeur goes down. It's still funny that even though we're in fourth we're only a few points from being out as well.

As a Habs fan, tell me about it :P

We had a sweet first 3 1/2 months of the season and have played like absolute garbage since Christmas. Out of the playoffs (positioning) by next week, but only by a few points so there's still time to turn it around.

The EC standings are so tight right now that there's 6-7 teams that are all in limbo between making up the last 5 spots or missing the show altogether.
  • Finally a penguins thread.

I thought the same thing, so I started one.

SO, how about Crosby's first shootout goal of the season!
    About time :)
    I'd say we should make the playoffs, but how far will we go?
    I think if they keep clicking and Staal, Recchi and Ouellet keep supporting Crosby and Malkin on the score sheet, we could make the conference finals.

• I thought the same thing, so I started one.

SO, how about Crosby's first shootout goal of the season!
    About time :)
    I'd say we should make the playoffs, but how far will we go?
    I think if they keep clicking and Staal, Recchi and Ouellet keep supporting Crosby and Malkin on the score sheet, we could make the conference finals.

I think what will make the difference between success and failure in the playoffs will be Fleury. We know those young guys can fly and score. Fleury is off and on but he seems to finally be living up to expectation. I am hoping for nothing less than the stanley cup.
    I can't believe that was Crosby's first shootout goal. The first of many no doubt.
  • Five in a row BABY!
    Fuck the Rangers!
    WOOOOO.

Are you talking about the Kansas City Penguins? ;)
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • Are you talking about the Kansas City Penguins? ;)
    Come on now, keep the faith.
    I may be from BC, but even I know they belong in Pittsburgh.

• Come on now, keep the faith.
    I may be from BC, but even I know they belong in Pittsburgh.

It is nice to know a fellow British Columbian likes the penguins instead of the canucks.
    Everyone knows the penguins belong in Pittsburgh.
  • It is nice to know a fellow British Columbian likes the penguins instead of the canucks.
    Everyone knows the penguins belong in Pittsburgh.

Same to you!
    In fact, I'm pretty sure I only know one other person who likes the penguins.
    It really is a crying shame.

• Same to you!
    In fact, I'm pretty sure I only know one other person who likes the penguins.
    It really is a crying shame.

I wonder if it's me.
  • I wonder if it's me.
    HAHA, who knows.
    I think it would be asking too much though for someone I know to like Pearl Jam AND the penguins.

• This team is as exciting as any sports team I have ever seen. We all knew Crosby, Malkin, Fleury and the like would be so good, but who the hell thought Jordan Staal would be such a stud already? Man that kid can play.

Too bad they play in the bush league NHL where the league motto is "Hey, spear our brightest, most personable star every night. We won't penalize you. Hell, we couldn't market him properly if we tried. Why do our tv ratings suck again?"

GO PENGUINS

FUCK THE IDIOTS THAT RUN THIS LEAGUE
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
  • The pens play toronto today on hockey night in Canada. Hopefully they play like they did last time they met up. I think it was an 8-2 win. Anyway, one of the few times we get to see them on T.V. up here in Canada. At least until the playoffs.
  • That was a hell of a game tonight. Staal is really making Shero glad he didnt send him back to his minor league team. For him to be putting up the number of goals he has in the past few games is really astonishing. I was surprised, though, that they have played Fleury so much recently. I do understand that he's had some great games, but he's lookin like he needs a little break. Thought for sure they'd use T-Bo tonight. But oh well we got the win.
    "Ok... if I smoke a joint Pittsburgh will soon be my favorite place on the planet. Somebody throw up a lighter come on. Ok we got the lighter. And this is a Marlboro Light, what kind of fucker..."
    -EV

http://www.petitiononline.com/keeppens/petition.html
    HELP KEEP THE PENS IN PITTSBURGH