How 'bout them Penguins? How 'bout them Penguins!

Comments

• awright boys...beat them caps!!!

LETS GO PENS!!!
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    Great game, but I was glad to see the team with the league's best player win.
    Crosby is amazing, and great for the game, but I think Ovechkin is more talented and a better overall player.
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    EASTalexovechkin01.jpg

I totally forgot about this game must have been nationally televised or I was shoveling snow. That Ovechkin guy is a beast, I love to DISLIKE him but he is very good. Oh I wish the BRUINS had his scoring ability.

Damn the Capitals are RED HOT! 14 in a row.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• milarso wrote:
    Great game, but I was glad to see the team with the league's best player win.
    Crosby is amazing, and great for the game, but I think Ovechkin is more talented and a better overall player.

Great game indeed... I think Crosby is the better overall player (defense, making players around him better, etc), but man... there hasn't been a better scorer in the league than Ovechkin in a LONG time. He reminds me of Brett Hull how the puck always seems to find him where he has the space to get that wicked shot off... Shoots like Brett Hull but skates a hell of a lot better.

My Penguins need to figure out their team defense... giving up 5 goals to an AHL-filled Canadiens team, and losing a game after leading 4-1... Championships don't do that.

And the power(less) play still boggles my mind. They had that 5-on-3 that could have made it 5-1, and the late gift PP to take the lead late, and they got nothing out of it.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Ovechkin, can't stand him as a pens fan, but man, He is the only guy since Lemieux that you cringe when he gets the puck. He can score EVERY time. I do think he is the best in hockey. Pains me to say it, But it's true.
    Sid is great but just a notch below.
    I worry about the PP and the defense. But Ray Shero always works things out by the deadline so hopefully that's the case.
  • holy blown lead...that was painful
  • pretty good hockey night for pens fans last night!!

went to the game with my homies, looooots of empty seats due to the storm (infact this is how we got our tix)

slow start but things got interesting. fleury and the d played well, awesome stick save by letang, saving fleury's ass in the first. an unreal move from geno tryin to flip the puck into the air over a defender...no dice

great to see kunits return to full health and relevence, he was really capitalizing on his line mates and bein in the right place at the right time...kudos

around the league the devils lose last night continuing there woes and allowing the pens to close up on'em

and the caps lose!! preserving the penguins record win streak

GO PENS!!!
  • with the exception of sids goal scoring (tied at 42 with ovechbklegch after todays tally) pretty disappointing lead in to the olympic break

best moment of the game? orpik gettin of the 112 game goal scoring snide right before he goes to represent the usa

U S A!!!
  • with the exception of sids goal scoring (tied at 42 with ovechbklegch after todays tally) pretty disappointing lead in to the olympic break

best moment of the game? orpik gettin of the 112 game goal scoring snide right before he goes to represent the usa

U S A!!!

Yeah, I think Crosby has 18 goals in the last 18 games... pretty good run he's on. Besides the penalty killing, not much else going great for the 'guins right now. Good news is that they are up there in the standings, but they definitely aren't clicking on on cylinders.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • so the pens aquire jordan leopold today from the florida panthers

i dont really know much except he is not so hot in the +/- currently and he seems a bit injury prone

add to that the fact that we are already pretty heavy at the blue line and really need to address our power play...
  • aneutronbombaneutronbomb Posts: 787
    edited March 2010
    and so today we dish luca caputi and martin skoula for alexei ponikarovsky

upside: he's a 6'2 or 6'4 lw who can finish and could be good for 30 goals a season (he has somethin like 19 right now and thats with toronto) plus he's been homies with fellow countryman fedetenko, so thats nice. gonna be nasty on the 2 line with geno

downside: i hear he duffs it from time to time and despite his massive frame he's not very physical

i for one am not bent out of shape about caputi being dealt like so many others around the pens nation. sure i think the kids gonna be great but i dont have him pegged for a future 50 goal scorer. plus i know he's stoked to play in his hometown

all in all i think we made the most of all teams at the deadline. got a solid d guy who is used to shadowing ovechkin and other top liners and some one who can finally (hopefully) replace the hole left by sykora

all hail mighty ray shero!!!

ps: are the flyers still breathing? nice no-show at the trade deadline...blah blah salarry cap...those guys are goin nowhere fast
    Post edited by aneutronbomb on
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    ps: are the flyers still breathing? nice no-show at the trade deadline...blah blah salarry cap...those guys are goin nowhere fast
    Can't really pick on the Flyers for being a no-show at the trade dudline, no major moves, a few meh's and whatevers' around the board.
    Is it true that Pens fans honestly booed Crosby's gold-winning goal last night in Pittsburgh's barn?
    That's pretty intense.
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • i pick on the flyers because of rivalry :lol:

...but i do agree, veeeery slow trade-deadline this year
  • it is true, some small contingent of fans did boo the replay of the game winning goal

but then again pittsburgh was still south of the us/canada border as of last night...

yeah i guarantee none of those fans hate crosby or want him out of pittsburgh, it was simply about us v canada and not about the man
  • way to pull out the ot win last night at the garden!!!

gotta give it up for geno on the game winner, gonch for absolutely peppering lundqvist, and team d for limiting the rags to 4 shots after the goaly change!!

also kudos to the pens on takin 55 shots, franchise record!! also geno has a 15 game point streak goin

a little disconcerting seein maf crumble like that,but great move bu bylsma to yank him at the half way point before the rags could ring up a couple more scores and put it out of reach

GO PENS!!!
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    Hank definitely earned that point last night for the Rags.

But boy, what a display last night... holding the Rangers for zero shots through the first 15 mins of the third (including a powerplay), and getting 55 shots on goal.

I'll give MAF a pass last night because of the long layoff, but he's gotta get on a roll starting tomorrow... the team needs him.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • maf seemed a little shaky to start the game but seemed to settle down and make some key saves

sid with 2g and 1a

new guy poni gets in the board with a late pp goal, nice

rupp ruins someone...again

malkin's point streak ended :( i never shoulda mentioned it in an earlier post
  • slow game...

half wasted on a sunday :?

great weekend, lotsa wins from the pens

• Wondering if Cooke will get suspended for that hit on Savard. Overall it wasn't really that dirty, but his reputation will probably land him a few games.
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    Wondering if Cooke will get suspended for that hit on Savard. Overall it wasn't really that dirty, but his reputation will probably land him a few games.

He will get 5 games I'm guessing. I'm a Pens fan and like Cooke for the most part, but that was dirty, ugly and completely unnecessary. That kinda crap doesn't belong in the game and the league doesn't really seem to want to do anything about.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Wondering if Cooke will get suspended for that hit on Savard. Overall it wasn't really that dirty, but his reputation will probably land him a few games.

Wasn't that dirty unless its a guy on the Pens getting cheap shoted
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • aneutronbomb » 10 Mar 2010 15:53

ah sweet justice

matt cooke and his clean, albeit unfortunate hit, will go unpunished

:D
  • tough loss last night, not gonna lie, that one hurt

one positive, stall!! dood looked awesome, he's absolutely killing it lately, playing so hard

oh and of course great to have cookie around to keep us in the game :lol: :P

but yeah, losing a game where you outshoot the opponents 40-21 or whatever it was...unacceptable

we need to get ALL of our goaltending locked up and RIGHT NOW!!!

tonight might as well be the start of the playoffs as far as pens are concerned, one of two road games against the devils this week, plus we got caps and wings on the road next week

throw in one each against the flyers canes leafs and b's and two more against tampa bay...its like rivalry week for us!! oy
    Yeah- how 'bout them?
    Go Wings! :lol:
    And Crosby just got worked by a goalie.
    Bringing pussidom to new heights.
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    woooo good win by Detroit

how'd you like to taste a goalie mitt Crosby hahaha
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • milarso wrote:

Yeah that was a real beatdown :roll:

And while Sid was going after Zetterberg no less, so yeah he's a real pussy.

Anyways, you're wrong on all counts. Do you even listen to yourself?
    milarso wrote:

Yeah that was a real beatdown :roll:

And while Sid was going after Zetterberg no less, so yeah he's a real pussy.

Anyways, you're wrong on all counts. Do you even listen to yourself?

It's hard to listen to myself when typing.
    Don't get you panties in a knot. I was just trying to get a rise out of you. I swear if anyone says a negative thing about Crosby you people get all up in arms. And it's funny to see. Sorry I hurt your feelings.
    And I never said he beat him I said he worked him. And you're right, there is nothing pussy about cross checking a guy in the back after the game ends. :roll:
    This game is just another example of how Pittsburgh could be the best team in the league, but Malkin is their best player.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    I just saw the highlights of Crosby and man he was eating a faceful of goalie's love, I mean glove. :D Next up are the leagues best record Capitals on Wednesday and the vaunted Ovechkin.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)