How 'bout them Penguins? How 'bout them Penguins!

Comments

• Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    I can't speak for every pens fan, but as a sports fan in general, when my team loses, I usually don't want to talk about it, read about it, watch highlights, etc...

Unlike Flyers fans who I've noticed on other boards either turn doom and gloom and want to get rid of everyone and fire the coach, or make excuses about it and blame the officiating.

Every fanbase has their way of dealing with losses...

You're right

You guys run and hide

At least we vent and stick with our team in loses or wins
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    I don't know much about hockey but I put on NBC to watch the news at 11 and saw the end of the game and it was exciting! That Fleury guy was amazing!
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    You're right

You guys run and hide

I'm not running and hiding anywhere... I just like to forget about losses and move on.

I do apologize for bringing Flyers fans into this, most of you guys are great passionate fans, but like most teams you have a small minority that make all of you look really bad.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    I'm not running and hiding anywhere... I just like to forget about losses and move on.

I do apologize for bringing Flyers fans into this, most of you guys are great passionate fans, but like most teams you have a small minority that make all of you look really bad.

As does your team....
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
    chromiam wrote:
    As does your team....

This is true... Every village has their idiots, and unfortunately with the internet we have to hear from all of them :)
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • You're right

You guys run and hide

Why would we want to talk to you. everything you and chromiam post is negative. You don't have to like the pens, just add to the discussion. Bathgate,rygar,nypjam1 are all non-pens fans and have good points for and against the pens.
    It's a little funny to me how after one of the better playoff games in recent memory you have nothing to add other than we are horrible fans. Start an i hate the pens thread and get your jollies there.

Ah, F it, I'll just enjoy the rest of the series. It's now interesting at least win or lose.
    Why would we want to talk to you. everything you and chromiam post is negative. You don't have to like the pens, just add to the discussion. Bathgate,rygar,nypjam1 are all non-pens fans and have good points for and against the pens.
    It's a little funny to me how after one of the better playoff games in recent memory you have nothing to add other than we are horrible fans. Start an i hate the pens thread and get your jollies there.

Ah, F it, I'll just enjoy the rest of the series. It's now interesting at least win or lose.

I responded to your tirade earlier yesterday and added that Fluery carried your team last night. Other than that, what needed to be said that wasn't said in the 3 pages previous???

And I only pointed out the lack of chatter in this thread after losses.. does that make you horrible fans??? no but after all the chest thumping and the Pens are a great team who will wins cups for year to come talk.. its a bit interesting.

End of belabouring the point....
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

• nothingman44nothingman44 Posts: 1,495
    malone taking a slap shot to the face...

gonchar folding up like a slinky into the boards...

sykora clearly injured this entire series (and calling his shot)...

fleury saving their bacon last night...

crosby with 2 assists...

3 OTs!!!

unbelieveable game last night!

and with the series going back to pittsburgh for game 6 and the penguins with some serious momentum, this is shaping up to go to a 7th game.

game 7 please!
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Hossa has got to be one of the best last minute pickups at tradedeadline the Pens have made in recent time,....
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life

I wasn't referring to you talking to me personally

Just pointing out when you win you're here all the time

The minute you lose or go down in a series you're no where to be found

It's funny how "Diehard" fans disappear and can't talk about loses

Bathgate66 wrote:
    Hossa has got to be one of the best last minute pickups at tradedeadline the Pens have made in recent time,....

Ulf Samuelsson and Ron Francis I think are the only ones that rival it

I think that was trade deadline deal anyway

Bathgate66 wrote:

Agreed but if they don't win the Cup and don't re-sign him, is it all for naught??

Admin

chromiam wrote:
    Agreed but if they don't win the Cup and don't re-sign him, is it all for naught??

I don't think so... if they would have gotten bounced in the first couple of rounds maybe, but I really don't think they gave up a lot to get him. I think most teams would make that kind of a deal if they knew it would get them to the Cup finals.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    I don't think so... if they would have gotten bounced in the first couple of rounds maybe, but I really don't think they gave up a lot to get him. I think most teams would make that kind of a deal if they knew it would get them to the Cup finals.

yeah that's how I look at it.... plus I think the Pens are hoping that Hossa playing with this team at the end of the season and playoffs, could give them a possible discount when it comes to signing him.

Admin

chromiam wrote:
    yeah that's how I look at it.... plus I think the Pens are hoping that Hossa playing with this team at the end of the season and playoffs, could give them a possible discount when it comes to signing him.

Yeah, I was hoping for him to click with Crosby and maybe like it so much that they can get him at a good price... the problem is that he is playing so well this post season that he will probably get an offer at damn close to the max this off-season.

He really has been their best forward night in and night out.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • polarispolaris Posts: 3,527
    can't believe no one is talking about gonchar ... dude had back spasms and came on for one shift in overtime to qb the power play ... that's heart right there!
    polaris wrote:
    can't believe no one is talking about gonchar ... dude had back spasms and came on for one shift in overtime to qb the power play ... that's heart right there!

Apparently he was in out of his equipment and his bag was packed... As the game kept going he started feeling better and better and decided to come back. That is heart...
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Yeah, I was hoping for him to click with Crosby and maybe like it so much that they can get him at a good price... the problem is that he is playing so well this post season that he will probably get an offer at damn close to the max this off-season.

He really has been their best forward night in and night out.
    Even if he wasn't playing good he'd still fetch a high price in the off-season.
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    im glad the series got extended, now where's the fluery bashers now, would you still trade toskala straight up for him lol.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • kenshunt wrote:
    im glad the series got extended, now where's the fluery bashers now, would you still trade toskala straight up for him lol.

damn who said that? I also have been a little leery of fleury due to the fact that he choked a lot in the past. But he's only 23, it just seems like he's been here forever. It's nice to have him. One of our last goalies of the future is doing your mama commercials now. but game 5 has cemented his status as a pretty nice goalie. so long as he doesn't let in a few softies tomorrow...
  • Apparently he was in out of his equipment and his bag was packed... As the game kept going he started feeling better and better and decided to come back. That is heart...

Yes that was an inspired performance from Gonch. He is pretty underrated for as long as he's been in the league. How about ryan whitney with 50 minutes of ice time? Great job D!
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    hello game 6 of the cup tonight....

anyone...
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    hello game 6 of the cup tonight....

anyone...

Hello...not unless P-Burgh wins

Follow the rules

Hello...not unless P-Burgh wins

Follow the rules

;)

oh right they dont have time today,,but if they win ....
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    ;)

oh right they dont have time today,,but if they win ....

Exxxactly !

They all clutch their Crysby dolls all day

• rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    hope the pens win tonight.... i don't want hockey season to end just yet.
  • Exxxactly !

They all clutch their Crysby dolls all day

Crysby! lolololololololol that's hilarious! you should copyright that.
  • I have a good feeling about this one. It always seems like the team that wins a mega OT game wins the next one. That and i can't see the pens losing two in a row at home. Lets go pens! i'd love to see a game 7.
  • Malone's out there without a shield. Dude's nuts!
    Malone's out there without a shield. Dude's nuts!

ill give u that ,, start of the 2nd