Men! Think back, and answer me this little question -

Comments

• it's good to see the self-pitying spinsters banding together against the kind of guy they love to hate though. you two make such a cute couple. admit it, you love me. i'm everything you both hate about men and every man who's wronged you.

1) neither helen nor I are spinsters.
    2) I don't hate anything about men
    3) in fact I pitty them for having to claim you.
  • wash_ wrote:
    It is human instinct and natural biology of men to feel the protector and for women to be submisive.
    I wish people would just give up on this feminist crap and see that! I dunno about submissive though... cos I'm afraid that's NOT in my nature :o but I really can't see anything wrong with wanting someone to look after you and for you to look after.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Oh come on. Soulsinging stirs it up a bit. It was boring here without him. If you weren't secretly enjoying this argument you'd have stopped posting a long time ago :)

people just need to stop taking these threads so seriously.

I'm not enjoying. In fact, whenever I get into an argument with ss on this board, it makes me deeply depressed because I can't believe there are such hate mongering people who won't listen to reason in the world. I am just the type of person who continues to try even when the fight is hopeless.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    :confused: men and women are shitty to eachother in general? :( I really feel sorry for you ss... oh and why would I get into a legal debate with you? That would be like me challenging you to a 'what goes on inside a womans mind?' debate... oh wait...

:p

men and women are shitty in general. to each other, amongst themselves, to the world, coworkers, friends, family, employees. people are petty, fucked up, pieces of shit for the most part.

the legal point was that if you want intellectual debate, pick an intellectual topic. but we're talking women here, so we know intellect is not an option ;)

jeremy has a point, you know you're getting as much a kick outta this as i am, otherwise you'd have blocked me or left. but i help your workday pass a little quicker, so everybody wins. what are you all complaining about? you love having me around. you get to feel righteous indignation and smug superiority at what a bitter, twisted shit i am. we go back and forth on a topic of keen interest to everyone the world over: sex. and then you go home and you know you don't have to deal with me. so why so glum?
    wash_ wrote:
    It is human instinct and natural biology of men to feel the protector and for women to be submisive.

i was joking. i see nothing wrong with ya :)

just be careful, you start talking about natural male and female urges and behaviors and they just might turn on you. i can guarantee you if i had posted what you just did, there would be a riot with Helen chomping at the bit to castrate me for generalizing about women. but i guess you've got to earn that kind of hatred, so you're safe ;)
  • men and women are shitty in general. to each other, amongst themselves, to the world, coworkers, friends, family, employees. people are petty, fucked up, pieces of shit for the most part.

the legal point was that if you want intellectual debate, pick an intellectual topic. but we're talking women here, so we know intellect is not an option ;)

jeremy has a point, you know you're getting as much a kick outta this as i am, otherwise you'd have blocked me or left. but i help your workday pass a little quicker, so everybody wins. what are you all complaining about? you love having me around. you get to feel righteous indignation and smug superiority at what a bitter, twisted shit i am. we go back and forth on a topic of keen interest to everyone the world over: sex. and then you go home and you know you don't have to deal with me. so why so glum?
    wow, talk about another overinflated sense of importance :D thanks jeremy for giving him that :p

and no, people aren't generally shitty to eachother... maybe you just get what you give... actually I kinda believe that anyway
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    I wish people would just give up on this feminist crap and see that! I dunno about submissive though... cos I'm afraid that's NOT in my nature :o but I really can't see anything wrong with wanting someone to look after you and for you to look after.

I know...feminisim just does not work! I am perfectly accepting of the man taking care of things and I dont care if he gets an ego boost because of it.
    I dont mean submissive in letting the man walk over you, but that the woman goes to the man when they feel shit and need protecting.
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • wash_ wrote:

I think a very small part of this statement is correct. I think both women and men are natural protectors in different ways. Men are generally bigger than women, so they are protectors in the sense that they can block you from harm. Women on the other hand have better instincts and can protect men in a more maternal way. I DISAGREE COMPLETELY that it's in a woman's nature to be "submissive." I've never felt submissive a day in my life, and I don't think many other women I know have either.
  • wash_ wrote:
    I dont mean submissive in letting the man walk over you, but that the woman goes to the man when they feel shit and need protecting.

I thought this is what men do????
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    That's how I treat arguments that I have on this board. What's the point in getting worked up? Hell, I have probably disagreed with you on this board more than any other guy, if not as much as some of the women :p However, I actually think this post is pretty much true.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • wash_ wrote:
    I know...feminisim just does not work! I am perfectly accepting of the man taking care of things and I dont care if he gets an ego boost because of it.
    True that... but I think we also naturally feel protective... emotionally! I think feminism and equal opportunities and all that have set us way too far back... how about simple respect? We seem to have lost that somewhere along the way.

Hahaha... the feminists are gonna LOVE us :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • I think a very small part of this statement is correct. I think both women and men are natural protectors in different ways. Men are generally bigger than women, so they are protectors in the sense that they can block you from harm. Women on the other hand have better instincts and can protect men in a more maternal way. I DISAGREE COMPLETELY that it's in a woman's nature to be "submissive." I've never felt submissive a day in my life, and I don't think many other women I know have either.
    I agree absolutely with this... and I don't think she meant submissive like that :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    I thought this is what men do????

In my experience women do that more than men. Men just get on with things.

Of course I dont want to make any generalising statements here...not sure who I might offend! :p:D

I think I shall quietly walk out of this thread now...maybe someone will get back to the original topic and save the thread from being locked!
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

wow, talk about another overinflated sense of importance :D thanks jeremy for giving him that :p

and no, people aren't generally shitty to eachother... maybe you just get what you give... actually I kinda believe that anyway

prove me wrong. you couldn't ignore me or let this go if you tried. you keep coming back for more, every time. you see me post, you see 'women' in it, and you are like pavlov's dog, just ready to go at it. why? becos it's fun. go ahead, deny it.

perhaps your experience has been different from mine. in my xp, people will do what suits them best and not give a damn about the "collateral damage" to others.
  • w

I definitely believe this...whenever people are shitty to me, I think of it as being THEIR problem. It's not something I want to take part in.
    I think a very small part of this statement is correct. I think both women and men are natural protectors in different ways. Men are generally bigger than women, so they are protectors in the sense that they can block you from harm. Women on the other hand have better instincts and can protect men in a more maternal way. I DISAGREE COMPLETELY that it's in a woman's nature to be "submissive." I've never felt submissive a day in my life, and I don't think many other women I know have either.

wait a minute... did you just say men and women are sort of different?
  • wash_ wrote:
    In my experience women do that more than men. Men just get on with things.

Of course I dont want to make any generalising statements here...not sure who I might offend! :p:D
    :D I think both sexes need a lot of emotional protection... it's just that women are more likely to go looking for that. Men often feel the need to put a manly front on things and 'be strong'.

I think the stereotypical traditional roles of men and women aren't far wrong... but things always sway too far one way and have to be put back, then go too far again... it's a vicious circle.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    That's how I treat arguments that I have on this board. What's the point in getting worked up? Hell, I have probably disagreed with you on this board more than any other guy, if not as much as some of the women :p However, I actually think this post is pretty much true.

true enough. speaking of, radiohead sucks these days ;)

I'm not trying to give him in ego boost, I'm just saying that none of this is new. In 30,000 posts, I've seen a hell of a lot worse stuff from Soulsinging than his worst in this thread. I personally disagree with most of what he is saying but I can sort of understand where he is coming from and I certainly don't mind him saying it. I'd much rather have a fiery, volatile discussion in which one or more participants crosses the line a few times than have another poll asking what the board's favourite fucking cheese is :D

It's not my responsibility to stop people taking what I say and using it in their anti-social manifestos :)
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    I'm not trying to give him in ego boost, I'm just saying that none of this is new. In 30,000 posts, I've seen a hell of a lot worse stuff from Soulsinging than his worst in this thread. I personally disagree with most of what he is saying but I can sort of understand where he is coming from and I certainly don't mind him saying it. I'd much rather have a fiery, volatile discussion in which one or more participants crosses the line a few times than have another poll asking what the board's favourite fucking cheese is :D

It's not my responsibility to stop people taking what I say and using it in their anti-social manifestos :)
    You have a problem with cheese, tough guy?
    true enough. speaking of, radiohead sucks these days ;)
    Fuck you :D

but seriously, I enjoy your posts. I don't want every response here to be neutral and sycophantic.
  • perhaps your experience has been different from mine. in my xp, people will do what suits them best and not give a damn about the "collateral damage" to others.

this is really really sad. Hurting people's feelings is unavoidable in many situations, it is a part of life. However, when most people have to hurt someone's feelings, for whatever reason, they feel bad about it. it's called empathy (you wouldn't know this term as you're antisocial).

I honestly don't know who you hang out with, they sound like horrible people. but of course maybe horrible people gravitate toward each other.
    Rygar wrote:
    You have a problem with cheese, tough guy?
    Not at all, though stronger cheeses don't seem to agree with me :)
    point is, I find the resistance that some people have to interesting discussion bewildering. Even if that discussion is a little drawn out and even offensive at times.
  • wait a minute... did you just say men and women are sort of different?

you see dear, boys have penises and girls have vaginas. girls can give birth to babies and boys can't.
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    point is, I find the resistance that some people have to interesting discussion bewildering. Even if that discussion is a little drawn out and even offensive at times.
    ok, well as long as you aren't bashing cheese...
    Jeremy1012 wrote:

A good debate is brilliant. My family all love a good heated discussion.

But it gets unsavoury when people get personal, like it has done. That's not needed. But on the whole, this topic has made people think so it's all a good thing.
    :D I think both sexes need a lot of emotional protection... it's just that women are more likely to go looking for that. Men often feel the need to put a manly front on things and 'be strong'.

I think the stereotypical traditional roles of men and women aren't far wrong... but things always sway too far one way and have to be put back, then go too far again... it's a vicious circle.

I agree. Society needs to be pulled back and reminded that we get carried away.
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

• wash_ wrote:
    A good debate is brilliant. My family all love a good heated discussion.
    me too... but unfortunately ss just wants me to say 'yes ss you're right and I'm wrong' rather than have an interesting discussion... when there IS no right or wrong and it's all opinions... I've had to put him on ignore again :( so that's the end of the fun.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • wash_ wrote:
    I agree. Society needs to be pulled back and reminded that we get carried away.
    very few unfortunately.

A guy and a girl got on the train the other day and there was one seat, he stood back offering it to her and she was all like 'oh nonono you have it... equal rights and all that' and giggled whilst fluttering her eyelashes :confused: since when does equal rights have anything to do with women standing up and men having the seat? :D pathetic.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • wash_ wrote:
    A good debate is brilliant.
    Very true.

Unfortunately, the one in this thread is retarded haha
    me too... but unfortunately ss just wants me to say 'yes ss you're right and I'm wrong' rather than have an interesting discussion... when there IS no right or wrong and it's all opinions... I've had to put him on ignore again :( so that's the end of the fun.

You're wise to do so.
    very few unfortunately.

A guy and a girl got on the train the other day and there was one seat, he stood back offering it to her and she was all like 'oh nonono you have it... equal rights and all that' and giggled whilst fluttering her eyelashes :confused: since when does equal rights have anything to do with women standing up and men having the seat? :D pathetic.

You're kidding me?! No wonder Men don't have a clue! :D
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park