Men! Think back, and answer me this little question -

Comments

• soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    WantedTo wrote:
    It's sweet, but it makes my skin cringe when they say:

"You're like a brother to me"

*shivers*

exactly what im talking about. if you want to get a guy's attention and interest, you do not say things like that.
  • is that kinda like how you manage to turn 9 outta 10 threads you join into moaning about your weight and how unattractive you feel and how you're terrified to leave your house with your friends?
    Nothing like how you turn 10 outta 10 threads into how all women are the root of all evil and how all men only think with the little brain all the time?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    :D he'd already posted it... I just couldn't be bothered quoting him twice. But yup, ss is nothing if not predictable :D

this from the fountain of originality :rolleyes:

got any more coworkers you'd like to complain about?
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

ahem. I'm sorry :)

This is interesting though.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • you're talking semantics. i've nevr claimed anything i say applies ironclad to every human being to walk the planet. and considering i am a man and i've tried to date more women than you have, i think i may have a bit more insight into how men perceive female behavior in relationships than you do. i don't give a fuck what your thoughts or intentions are, i am talking about how they come off.
    When did I state MY opinion as fact? I said A LOT of women... prove me wrong if I'm wrong... if not, stop arguing something that you don't know :p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Nothing like how you turn 10 outta 10 threads into how all women are the root of all evil and how all men only think with the little brain all the time?

exactly. we've got the pot calling the kettle here.
    When did I state MY opinion as fact? I said A LOT of women... prove me wrong if I'm wrong... if not, stop arguing something that you don't know :p

that is my point. where have i ever said my opinion is fact? prove me wrong if im wrong. if not, YOU can stop telling ME how i NEED to react to the shit you pull.
  • exactly. we've got the pot calling the kettle here.
    :confused: where? I may have said some kinda generalisation about men oh I dunno, maybe once every two weeks (and that's being generous), not EVERY thread and I usually try to imply that I'm joking but it's not my fault you don't have a sense of humour... it just gets a little old. We all know you hate women, this was meant to be a nice thread... when are ya gonna stop derailing every nice thread into your petty little women issues? Cos they're just not very interesting.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • is that kinda like how you manage to turn 9 outta 10 threads you join into moaning about your weight and how unattractive you feel and how you're terrified to leave your house with your friends?

1) that's off topic
    2) that's not low self esteem-it's fact, I gained 45 fucking lbs, I am a 5'4" woman who weighs over 200 lbs and has bad acne. if someone gives me a compliment, I take it. I personally I have very high self esteem.
    3) you are soooo defensive. whenever anyone calls you out on something, you just snap back with some off topic, pointless insult like a 5 year old.
  • that is my point. where have i ever said my opinion is fact? prove me wrong if im wrong. if not, YOU can stop telling ME how i NEED to react to the shit you pull.
    :confused: What? :D I think you have anger issues ss :( and if you're gonna make a generalisation you should put IMO in front of it... otherwise people will take it AS a generalisation... imagine that :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    1) that's off topic
    2) that's not low self esteem-it's fact, I gained 45 fucking lbs, I am a 5'4" woman who weighs over 200 lbs and has bad acne. if someone gives me a compliment, I take it. I personally I have very high self esteem.
    3) you are soooo defensive. whenever anyone calls you out on something, you just snap back with some off topic, pointless insult like a 5 year old.

cry me a fucking river. if you can moan about it in everything thread, dont get your panties in a twist when i vent my spleen in others.
  • 3) you are soooo defensive. whenever anyone calls you out on something, you just snap back with some off topic, pointless insult like a 5 year old.
    :( I know... I look back on the good old days where SS used to be able to argue his silly points with at least some degree of intelligence... and it makes me sad :( now we get shit like 'cry me a fucking river'?

Wow... this guy really COULD be your president yet :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • cry me a fucking river. if you can moan about it in everything thread, dont get your panties in a twist when i vent my spleen in others.

I don't fucking "moan" about anything. Man, the names I would call you right now...Why on earth did you come back here just to piss people off? Everyone was having a good time and getting along without you. piss off. what gives you the right to say such utter shit about people you DO NOT KNOW on a public message board.
    :confused: What? :D I think you have anger issues ss :( and if you're gonna make a generalisation you should put IMO in front of it... otherwise people will take it AS a generalisation... imagine that :o

and i think i dont give a flying fuck what YOU think i SHOULD do. plenty of people here have agreed with me. plenty know im generalizing and don't take me seriously. just becos it offends you (and here i thought you didnt get offended) doesnt mean i need to change what i do just becos you dont like my style.

furthermore, i didnt hijack this thread. i answered the OP question and said the best way to compliment a guy whose interest you want to capture is to make him feel like a stud, not say he's so sweet or cute. and lo and behold, you all flip the fuck out. sorry, it's true. most guys will agree with me that they would rather hear "damn, you make me wanna tear those clothes off" than "you're so sweet, you'll make some other girl very happy one day."
    I don't fucking "moan" about anything. Man, the names I would call you right now...Why on earth did you come back here just to piss people off? Everyone was having a good time and getting along without you. piss off. what gives you the right to say such utter shit about people you DO NOT KNOW on a public message board.

cos it's fun getting this stuff out here, lest my "socially inept" poor self esteem behavior creep into real life, ya know?

but hey, dont hold back on the names on my account. i can take it. nothing you could call me ive not been called before.
  • :( I know... I look back on the good old days where SS used to be able to argue his silly points with at least some degree of intelligence... and it makes me sad :( now we get shit like 'cry me a fucking river'?

Wow... this guy really COULD be your president yet :D

he doesn't have any intelligence, never did. He's just one of those people that likes to argue, even if the argument has no merit at all. I have NO IDEA how he got into law school, or college for that matter. Nothing he says has an ounce of value.

I'd like to read the memos he writes for class...he probably turns some contract law assignment into a an argument for why all women should be thrown in jail (oh and then the hot ones should be forced to have sex with him or something).
  • and i think i dont give a flying fuck what YOU think i SHOULD do. plenty of people here have agreed with me. plenty know im generalizing and don't take me seriously. just becos it offends you (and here i thought you didnt get offended) doesnt mean i need to change what i do just becos you dont like my style.
    where did I say I was offended? Anywhere? Nope! It's just a lazy arsed way of arguing... you can do better than that surely. How would this fare up in a courtroom?
    furthermore, i didnt hijack this thread. i answered the OP question and said the best way to compliment a guy whose interest you want to capture is to make him feel like a stud, not say he's so sweet or cute. and lo and behold, you all flip the fuck out. sorry, it's true. most guys will agree with me that they would rather hear "damn, you make me wanna tear those clothes off" than "you're so sweet, you'll make some other girl very happy one day."
    And which one do you think WE'D rather hear? My point is... men and women aren't as different as you'd like them to be!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • cos it's fun getting this stuff out here, lest my "socially inept" poor self esteem behavior creep into real life, ya know?

but hey, dont hold back on the names on my account. i can take it. nothing you could call me ive not been called before.

trust me, I'm not holding back on your account, name calling of any kind gets you banned, I've got too little work to do to take that risk.
  • where did I say I was offended? Anywhere? Nope! It's just a lazy arsed way of arguing... you can do better than that surely. How would this fare up in a courtroom?

And which one do you think WE'D rather hear? My point is... men and women aren't as different as you'd like them to be!

HH, you can say this last sentence over and over and over again until you turn blue, he is a completely OBSESSED misogynist, it won't do you any good.
    where did I say I was offended? Anywhere? Nope! It's just a lazy arsed way of arguing... you can do better than that surely. How would this fare up in a courtroom?

last i checked, this thread was about what men wanted to hear. i never said a word about what women do or don't want to hear. show me where i did. i said what a guy wanted to hear, and everyone went batshit crazy.

now we're trading back and forth... "where'd i say this?" seems like our styles have more in common than you'd like to admit. that's the difference. i'll admit i'm a dick. you will die before you admit to being irrational or bitchy.

it's good to see the self-pitying spinsters banding together against the kind of guy they love to hate though. you two make such a cute couple. admit it, you love me. i'm everything you both hate about men and every man who's wronged you.
  • last i checked, this thread was about what men wanted to hear. i never said a word about what women do or don't want to hear. show me where i did. i said what a guy wanted to hear, and everyone went batshit crazy.

now we're trading back and forth... "where'd i say this?" seems like our styles have more in common than you'd like to admit. that's the difference. i'll admit i'm a dick. you will die before you admit to being irrational or bitchy.
    hmm... nope the thread is about what men HAVE heard... and nice things at that! Not what they'd like to hear :confused: and what they WOULDNT like to hear... how have you convinced yourself of that? :D

SS... we are NOTHING alike :) thank fuck!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    he doesn't have any intelligence, never did. He's just one of those people that likes to argue, even if the argument has no merit at all. I have NO IDEA how he got into law school, or college for that matter. Nothing he says has an ounce of value.

I'd like to read the memos he writes for class...he probably turns some contract law assignment into a an argument for why all women should be thrown in jail (oh and then the hot ones should be forced to have sex with him or something).

you'd be shocked i think. if you'd like a legal debate, i'd be happy to have one. but generally the quality of mind around here isnt up to the task, as HH has so able demonstrated time and again. so i debate what's on the table. why don't you venture over to the train gtd? or are you afraid you'd get your clock cleaned if you saw what im really capable of?
    hmm... nope the thread is about what men HAVE heard... and nice things at that! Not what they'd like to hear :confused: and what they WOULDNT like to hear... how have you convinced yourself of that? :D

SS... we are NOTHING alike :) thank fuck!

really? then how come there are so many women in this thread?

id also like to add ive never said they were all that different. i have always said the general rule of thumb is both men and women are vain and selfish and shitty to each other. i only talk about women more becos im not trying to hook up with men.
  • you'd be shocked i think. if you'd like a legal debate, i'd be happy to have one. but generally the quality of mind around here isnt up to the task, as HH has so able demonstrated time and again. so i debate what's on the table. why don't you venture over to the train gtd? or are you afraid you'd get your clock cleaned if you saw what im really capable of?

I'm on the train when I see something I want to bother talking about, but most of it is just such bullshit from the utterly un/mis-informed it's not worth it. It's worse than here because the issues discussed are actually important. I don't feel like explaining why global warming actually happens anymore.

• it's good to see the self-pitying spinsters banding together against the kind of guy they love to hate though. you two make such a cute couple. admit it, you love me. i'm everything you both hate about men and every man who's wronged you.
    ??????? :D:D:D Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... you couldn't be further from the truth! Just cos you haven't found happiness don't assume nobody else does either.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Oh come on. Soulsinging stirs it up a bit. It was boring here without him. If you weren't secretly enjoying this argument you'd have stopped posting a long time ago :)

people just need to stop taking these threads so seriously.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • id also like to add ive never said they were all that different. i have always said the general rule of thumb is both men and women are vain and selfish and shitty to each other. i only talk about women more becos im not trying to hook up with men.
    :confused: men and women are shitty to eachother in general? :( I really feel sorry for you ss... oh and why would I get into a legal debate with you? That would be like me challenging you to a 'what goes on inside a womans mind?' debate... oh wait...

:p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    are you serious? isnt he a total sexist pig for wanting to feel like a woman's protector???

It is human instinct and natural biology of men to feel the protector and for women to be submisive.
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • CServantCServant Posts: 1,182
    einatshaul wrote:
    What was the most flattering thing a woman (any woman) has ever said to you?

"It's not you, it's me..."
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain