Men! Think back, and answer me this little question -

einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
edited January 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
What was the most flattering thing a woman (any woman) has ever said to you?

I'm trying to get an idea of what themes and subject matters stick in a guy's mind after a conversation with a woman... No need to reveal anything too personal, just your honest opinion!

Looking forward to your interesting answers...

Thanks!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    Oh fuck! I can't really think too far back. I have terrible memory problem.
    But about a half a year a go, I heard this or something like it.
    You're a great guy, one of the funniest and sweetest guy I've met, and you'll make some girl out there a great husband.

Unfortunately, it was the last time I spoke to her.
    Well, not really, but it was the last meaningful conversation we've had.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    Well that is a great one! I can see how that was a memorable compliment for you :) I hope those words came true for you, if you wished them to...
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    My memory has gone to shit, I cant even remember what I ate for dinner let alone a compliment I have gotten from my girlfriend.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
    Well, it doesn't need to be WAY back, I'm sure you people get compliments now and then, co-workers, friends, wives... Any women really!
  • LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    einatshaul wrote:
    Well that is a great one! I can see how that was a memorable compliment for you :) I hope those words came true for you, if you wished them to...
    Well, it had to do more with our relationship.
    And I paid no attention to it during our tough conversation,
    but now I realized that you can't be bitter about that kind of situation.

You just have to remember the good times and good words.
    ...but anyways, yeah good compliments are memorable
    when it's displayed at a certain moment,
    both bad moments & good moments. It can stick with you.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    just last night I had a girl that I'm completely infatuated with compliment me on a whole bunch of stuff...I think she's playin me, but it felt good and I totally ate it up, bein the sucker that I am.
    just last night I had a girl that I'm completely infatuated with compliment me on a whole bunch of stuff...I think she's playin me, but it felt good and I totally ate it up, bein the sucker that I am.

That is so great! Give us the dish! What'd she say?
    einatshaul wrote:
    That is so great! Give us the dish! What'd she say?
    sorry....I'd feel too much like I was tootin my own horn to say. She covered pretty much everything that mattered tho. It's all f'd up tho...she just broke up with her bf...pretty sure I moved into friend territory quite a while back...and she's way younger than me...so I don't know if they were pity compliments, keep stringing him along compliments, or I wanna jump your bones compliments. Like I said...don't care cause it felt great -I ate 'em up :D
  • HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    in the midst of all PJ madness, to let you know I love you and you coming over soon is top of the list for me!!
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    I had the girl I had a massive massie crush on but was dating someone at the time and it turned out she had a crush on me said "You would be the best boyfriend for someone one day."

i also had a chick say I'm a better kisser then my mate, and also another chick say I was the best kiss she had, out back at work in a stairwell. So They were good comments.

The worst thing someone said to me was "are you from the country" That wasnt too good.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    is there any chance you could fold that in half!!!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    dunkman wrote:
    is there any chance you could fold that in half!!!

Whaaaaaaaaaaaa :D:D:D
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
    You're a great guy, one of the funniest and sweetest guy I've met, and you'll make some girl out there a great husband.

But not her???

I'm sensing a thread of being played like a fiddle here.Note to men.........women are oscar winners at this type of placating comment. :(
    stargirl69 wrote:

But not her???

I'm sensing a thread of being played like a fiddle here.Note to men.........women are oscar winners at this type of placating comment. :(

Hope you aren't talkin about me... I admitted the possibility of being played by my compliment payer...fully aware, don't care :p

actually, I was thinking the same thing...the make someone a good bf/hubby thing is the kiss of death as much as a compliment...at least when Ive heard it anyway.
  • EddiEEddiE Posts: 125
    I was told by a couple of women that I was a really good linguist, a cunning one at that. :D
    Paris 7/11/96
    Manchester 4/6/00
    Hope you aren't talkin about me... I admitted the possibility of being played by my compliment payer...fully aware, don't care :p

actually, I was thinking the same thing...the make someone a good bf/hubby thing is the kiss of death as much as a compliment...at least when Ive heard it anyway.

No it was LongRd but didn't come out as quote.No offence meant to anyone but believe me it is the kiss of death back handed compliment.I am ashamed but honest enough to admit I used when I was young knowing full well I was *on the starting block to run*.
    Don't do it now,with age and experience comes honesty when letting someone know that their old news.:)
  • My3rdEyeMy3rdEye Posts: 927
    My wife told me I am a great father. She said she finds me even more attractive after seeing me care for our daughter. That made me feel good. It's an amazing feeling being a parent. My daughter melts my heart everyday :o
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    einatshaul wrote:

I'm trying to get an idea of what themes and subject matters stick in a guy's mind after a conversation with a woman... No need to reveal anything too personal, just your honest opinion!

Thanks!

One girl told me she hoped she would know me for a long time.

something like that or to that effect.

For some reason i liked hearing that.

We don't talk to each other any more since we broke up though..

so it goes :)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    " my god ,,its so big " :)
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    How do you stand up straight carrying that?
  • My3rdEye wrote:
    My wife told me I am a great father. She said she finds me even more attractive after seeing me care for our daughter. That made me feel good. It's an amazing feeling being a parent. My daughter melts my heart everyday :o

Exactly what my wife said to me. Is there a manual that they are reading or something?
    Having a daughter is the best thing that ever happenend to me.

Oh, I had a girl say something about "Well Endowed" ;)
    Man I miss her. LOL
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    " my god ,,its so big " :)

women talk about your third nipple to your face!!! how rude.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    "It looks like a baby's arm holding an apple"
    dunkman wrote:
    women talk about your third nipple to your face!!! how rude.

hey skirt man !!! i left something for you in the jail thread
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    hey skirt man !!! i left something for you in the jail thread

you left something for me? is it gonorrhea?
  • LongRd. wrote:
    Oh fuck! I can't really think too far back. I have terrible memory problem.
    But about a half a year a go, I heard this or something like it.

Unfortunately, it was the last time I spoke to her.
    Well, not really, but it was the last meaningful conversation we've had.
    What your mom tells you doesn't count ya know..
    dunkman wrote:
    you left something for me? is it gonorrhea?

nah ive only had HPV in my life

not bad considering the amount of chicks
  • KosmicJelliKosmicJelli Posts: 1,855
    einatshaul wrote:

Thanks!

laughing at all the responses by men

let's just say they think with only one "thing" and that "thing" only only has one idea.....
  • memememe Posts: 4,695
    Sometimes it's not necessarily the words, but how they are spoken.

A few months after a brief, wonderful vacation, this guy told me that the best moments were when I looked him in the eyes and told him "you are so handsome" in a restaurant, and when I told a friend: "I love this man" in front of him, holding his hand and leaning my head on his shoulder :)
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    einatshaul wrote:

i dont think you read his post carefully. he said it was the last time he had a meaningful conversation with her. calling a guy cute and sweet is BAD (esp the part about making some other girl a great husband). what a guy hears when you say that is "you're a nice guy, but i would rather die single than ever let you lay a finger on me." we don't want to be nice or cute. we want you to say things that imply we are so sexually irresistible to you that you will do dirty, nasty things with us you would never consider with another man.