Boston Red Sox

Comments

• gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    MayDay10 wrote:
    I feel bad for Bobby Valentine. Its pretty obvious the direction this was all going in.

The Sox biggest mistake was not cleaning house when they had the chance in the offseason. They should've moved Beckett, Youkilis and Ellsbury who they probably won't be able to resign due to bad contracts handed out by the boy wonder.

It's funny you would think the Sox were 20 games out and we were in the month of August.
    Last I looked the Sox were only 3 games behind the Yankees and we haven't even played 40 games yet.
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    First time in almost 3 years we had 5 straight quality starts from our staff. The tide is turning. Those off the bandwagon (like many of my buddies) will not be allowed back on later in 2012.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    I never jumped off the bandwagon, I just hate Bobby Valentine. That said, something has turned since the Beckett incident last week. Tonight starts an 8 game road trip. I predict we go 5-3.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    how do people root for these ass-clowns :?

This coming from a guy who claims to be an ALL New York fan YET, yet claims he's a Laker fan. Please don't come in here sprouting such foolish words cause you WILL give the obvious appearance of a FRAUD!

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    Oh yeah i get to see the Sox tonight as they play the Rays...keep it going guys.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Umps were pretty brutal last night. The strike zone was inconsistent and the third balk was ridiculous. That said, you gotta score more than 1 run if you're going to win.
    The first baseman was also asked if he was concerned about his lack of power, having hit just two home runs this season with his most recent long ball coming on April 17 (a span of 103 at-bats). Gonzalez said not to worry.

"I'll start hitting home runs," he said. "I'll hit a home run tomorrow."

When told of the guarantee, David Ortiz said, "Good. That's good stuff. I can't wait. I know my pinata killer is going to be fine. I've got money on him. I've got money on the killer, because I know that pinata at some point is going to have to drop down."
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    The first baseman was also asked if he was concerned about his lack of power, having hit just two home runs this season with his most recent long ball coming on April 17 (a span of 103 at-bats). Gonzalez said not to worry.

"I'll start hitting home runs," he said. "I'll hit a home run tomorrow."

When told of the guarantee, David Ortiz said, "Good. That's good stuff. I can't wait. I know my pinata killer is going to be fine. I've got money on him. I've got money on the killer, because I know that pinata at some point is going to have to drop down."

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    wtf is a balk? 3 last night and I still can't figure that one out.

oh, and since the gme was on ESPN, we could watch it, and that is why they lost, sorry about that
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

oh, and since the gme was on ESPN, we could watch it, and that is why they lost, sorry about that

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balk
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    81 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balk

interesting, all this talk about rubbers ( ;) ):

With a runner on base and the pitcher on or astride (with one leg on each side of) the rubber, it is a balk[2] when the pitcher:

switches his pitching position from the windup to the set (or vice versa) without properly disengaging the rubber;
    while on the rubber, makes a motion associated with his pitch and does not complete the delivery;
    when pitching from the set position, fails to make a complete stop with his hands together before beginning to pitch;
    throws from the mound to a base without stepping toward (gaining distance in the direction of) that base;
    throws or feigns a throw from the rubber to an unoccupied base, unless a play is imminent;
    steps or feigns from the rubber to first base without completing the throw (doing so to second or third base is legal);
    delivers a quick return, a pitch thrown right after receiving the ball back, with intent to catch the batter off-guard;
    drops the ball while on the rubber, even if by accident, if the ball does not subsequently cross a foul line;
    while intentionally walking a batter, releases a pitch while the catcher is out of his box with one or both feet
    unnecessarily delays the game
    pitches while facing away from the batter;
    after bringing his hands together on the rubber, separates them except in making a pitch or a throw;
    stands on or astride the rubber without the ball, or mimics a pitch without the ball; or
    throws to first when the first baseman, because of his distance from the base, is unable to make a play on the runner there.
    Crushing it
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    wake me up when they hit .500 :?

"You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    What are you a Yankee fan now?
    What are you a Yankee fan now?

Nope, never. I'm just a grumpy ol' man. ;)

Don't fret, I'm still here.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    2 of 3 to Baltimore gets them to .500 for a 5-3 road trip against good teams. We are facing Hunter, Matusz and Arrieta the next three days. This offense is locked in right now.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,788
    Funniest thing about the Phills/Sox game was seeing Vicente Padilla throw a 55 mph pitch on Sat. night :lol:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Funniest thing about the Phills/Sox game was seeing Vicente Padilla throw a 55 mph pitch on Sat. night :lol:
    He's thrown that a few times this season and had a few swings and misses. I think its hilarious.
    Ross to the DL. 2nd MRI shows a broken bone in his foot.

List of Sox OF currently on the DL:
    Crawford
    Ellsbury
    Cody Ross
    Darnell McDonald
    Repko
    Kalish
  • Whats up bitches! Been forever but the way the Sox are playing now is huge. Give a lot of credit to Ortiz.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
    jimed14 wrote:

Wake up Jim!!!
    This team is showing a lot of fight the last two weeks.
    The injuries keep coming, but so do the wins.
    Adrian may move to the outfield when Youk comes back.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:
    I feel bad for Bobby Valentine. Its pretty obvious the direction this was all going in.

The Sox biggest mistake was not cleaning house when they had the chance in the offseason. They should've moved Beckett, Youkilis and Ellsbury who they probably won't be able to resign due to bad contracts handed out by the boy wonder.

If Youkilis can get healthy, he's good as gone at the deadline. Backett has 10 and 5 rights.

All of these quotes came from just ten days ago.
    Uh-oh. We caught the Yankees. Watch your back Toronto. We're climbing the ranks.
    Scott Podsednik to the rescue.
    Sweet. Nothing strikes fear in the hearts of the opponents quite like a guy who hasn't played in the majors in over a year.
    I thought Lin played pretty well yesterday. When is Darnell due back? Looks like Sweens is headed to the concussion list.
    I thought Lin played pretty well yesterday. When is Darnell due back? Looks like Sweens is headed to the concussion list.
    I agree that Lin looked pretty good (and fast) yesterday. I think Darnell is supposed to be back in about a week.
    adam42381 wrote:
    I agree that Lin looked pretty good (and fast) yesterday. I think Darnell is supposed to be back in about a week.
    I really feel that if we can piece this OF together the next 20-30 games (a big IF), when Jacoby and Crawford get back, look out. I still have tempered expectations for this team, but they are playing awesome ball right now.

Also, can we go one game without using Padilla and Aceves? They are certainly becoming Bobby V's security blanket.
    jimed14 wrote:

Wake up Jim!!!
    This team is showing a lot of fight the last two weeks.
    The injuries keep coming, but so do the wins.
    Adrian may move to the outfield when Youk comes back.

huh ... what? :yawn: Wait ... what's goin' on? Oh snap ... .500!

I do hope Clay kept a list of his favorite restaurants in the greater Pawtucket area handy ... oooof.

Can't find a Betemit