Boston Red Sox

Comments

• FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    2 hits total tonight...great job guys
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    tough start for white sox legend scotty pods but at least he got a run in on that double play :lol:
  • Monster RainMonster Rain Posts: 1,415
    It's hard to tell from this article, but I think that Paul Daugherty might not like Boston.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/w ... mlb_t11_a0
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    davidtrios wrote:
    tough start for white sox legend scotty pods but at least he got a run in on that double play :lol:

He came up big late though.
    Big win today.
    Back home with a level 22-22 record. What a catch by Lin and Scott Pod contributing with a home run. And how cool is Aceves? Things are rolling right now. 10-3 in the last 13 games. Bring it Tampa!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    Can Adrian play right in Fenway? How is this going to work?
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Back home with a level 22-22 record. What a catch by Lin and Scott Pod contributing with a home run. And how cool is Aceves? Things are rolling right now. 10-3 in the last 13 games. Bring it Tampa!

sort of how last year went?

how's the city feeling about bobby V now?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

sort of how last year went?

how's the city feeling about bobby V now?

Winning helps.
    Bobby has kept his mouth shut much more in the month of May.
    This team is really starting to win games that a month ago they would have lost easy.
    Bobby has to get some of the credit.
    The bullpen was completly done over, Adrian is not hitting, Clay is pitching like crap and yet they are playing great ball right now.
  • I'm guessing Adrian will play LF in Fenway. As tough as the Monster is to play, his lack of speed is gonna kill him in RF.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
    I want an all out fight this weekend. Maybe thats what this team needs right now.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    I want an all out fight this weekend. Maybe thats what this team needs right now.
    I'm hoping for a fight tomorrow after the benches cleared tonight.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Joe Maddon must be losing it because he's calling the Sox cowards and classless for starting this. Um, Joe your pitchers were the ones throwing at Adrian last week and at Dan Nava's head earlier yesterday evening. You're a fraud.

And I'd love to punch Luke Scott right in his face. He is a piece of shit. He makes Delmon Young look like a nice guy.
    Huge win last night.
    Needed it after the AWFUL game Lester threw out there Friday.
    Lets see if we can carry over some of the excitement from last night now.
    Yippee!!! Over .500 for the first time this year. Let's keep it going guys.
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    Beating Verlander is huge. I've got to think that the ball Papi hit off Verlander's leg in the third inning played a role in the way he threw from that point forward.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    adam42381 wrote:
    Beating Verlander is huge. I've got to think that the ball Papi hit off Verlander's leg in the third inning played a role in the way he threw from that point forward.

The win last night was HUGE in beating Verlander....on a couple of Papi's hits Verlander looked completely surprised or how fhar he drove the ball.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

3 1/2 games out of first now.
    Baltimore and Tampa are starting to slip a little.
    With all the injuries this team has had almost everyone will have to say Bobby V is doing a good job.
    2.5 out of first but still in last. Amazing.

We are 14-5 since the Beckett golf-gate game.
    The wins keep comin.
    Bullpen that was considered a joke in April has an ERA of 2.15 for the month of May.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,788

kinda like the Phillies :lol:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,772

We are 14-5 since the Beckett golf-gate game.

:lol: >was that OVERBLOWN or what?
  • dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
    I realy love the way the Sox didnt give up after being down 3-0. They seemed like they didnt give up.

Even though Gonzalez didnt make that catch in right yesterday I think he better get used to right field. There is no way you can take Middlebrooks out of the line up to much if he keeps on hitting. He could win ROY :D

The Red Sox have scored the 3rd most runs in all of baseball (265) only behind Texas (291) and St.Louis (270) With the pitching getting better and some of our better players comming back we can be poised to make a run at being a great team. Only if Crawford stays home that is ;)
    Some words when spoken...Can't be taken back...
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    was watching some of tonight's game on mlb network. the "good luck to the celtics" sign behind home plate is a pretty classy move by the sox.
    www.myspace.com
  • dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
    was watching some of tonight's game on mlb network. the "good luck to the celtics" sign behind home plate is a pretty classy move by the sox.

they need to make sure they keep some of that luck for themselves :lol:
    Some words when spoken...Can't be taken back...
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    Sounds like Youkilis is going to be traded.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Smart move. We all saw this coming. He's a fraction of the player he once was.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, he can't stay on the field. I guess I will just have to direct my hate at whatever team he ends up on. Between Papelbon and now Youkilis, I need to find new players on your team to despise. At least there's still Beckett.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, he can't stay on the field. I guess I will just have to direct my hate at whatever team he ends up on. Between Papelbon and now Youkilis, I need to find new players on your team to despise. At least there's still Beckett.
    Yeah, I had that problem a few years ago with the Yanks. Thank goodness for Brett Gardner and Swishalicious.
    Yeah, I had that problem a few years ago with the Yanks. Thank goodness for Brett Gardner and Swishalicious.

:lol:

I really don't get the Brett Gardner hatred
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

:lol:

I really don't get the Brett Gardner hatred
    I can't put my finger on it. I just want to punchasize his suckhole. :lol: And I got stuck with him on my fantasy team the year he decides to take the spring off.