Boston Red Sox

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    davidtrios wrote:
    Thank you red Sox-

you're getting a utility man hitting .175 and a pitcher that tops out at 89 with an era of 6.00 who was just sent down to AAA

plus you're paying 5.6 mil of youk's salary.

:crazy: :lol:
    And the white sox get anouther griffey jr. Broken down warhorse who is barely out hitting hudson.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    81 wrote:
    davidtrios wrote:
    Thank you red Sox-

you're getting a utility man hitting .175 and a pitcher that tops out at 89 with an era of 6.00 who was just sent down to AAA

And the white sox get anouther griffey jr. Broken down warhorse who is barely out hitting hudson.

did you really just compare HOF Griffey to Kevin Youkilis? :fp:
    davidtrios wrote:
    81 wrote:
    davidtrios wrote:
    Thank you red Sox-

did you really just compare HOF Griffey to Kevin Youkilis? :fp:

You<
    >point
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    81 wrote:
    You<
    >point

Probably my favorite graphic ever

missingthepoint.png
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    You<
    >point

missingthepoint.png

:clap:
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    edited June 2012
    Oh and my two cents. I am actually sad to see the jackass go. Players like that add to the rivalry and so far I obviously have no reason to despise Middlebrooks, aside from his jersey. Am sure that will change in time, but for now, I feel like the rivalry will be missing a little something. At least there is still Beckett, Pedroia and Ortiz.

And probably my favorite line ever written about Youkilis.

Youkilis fighting a middle reliever to a nine-pitch walk looks like a rhinoceros trying to fuck a washing machine
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
    jimed14 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    You<
    >point

missingthepoint.png

:clap:

Yeah, dude. It's great
    The full quote for full measure.

Then there’s Kevin Youkilis. Youk has only three body parts, all hideously oversized: an enormous set of gnomish, bushy forearms; a massive, casaba melon–size white head; and a cauldronlike belly. He has a truly awesome bristle of thick red chin hair that makes his face look like a cross between a vagina and something out of The Hobbit. At the plate he disgustingly gushes sweat by some means previously unknown to science in which the moisture travels upward along his body, racing in a cascade from his balls and armpits up his neck, over his head, and back down over the bill of his helmet to shower the plate. Whereas a guy like Teixeira was born with a swing so gorgeous you want to paint it, Youkilis fighting a middle reliever to a nine-pitch walk looks like a rhinoceros trying to fuck a washing machine.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Youkilis fighting a middle reliever to a nine-pitch walk looks like a rhinoceros trying to fuck a washing machine

:lol::lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    the Greek God of walks
    81 wrote:
    davidtrios wrote:
    Thank you red Sox-

And the white sox get another griffey jr. Broken down warhorse who is barely out hitting hudson.

Barely outhitting hudson?

Youk is hitting 39 pts higher than hudson. he also has a .692 ops vs hudson's .558.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    This is a steal for the White Sox, Youk will bounce back.
    I do love me some Youk ... but a few things to note ...

Hasn't had more than 500 ABs in a season since 2008.

OB% - 2010 - .400, 2011 - .359, 2012 - .300

This year so far, he is hitting ground balls at a rate of 50% of balls put in play ... this ground ball rate has been steadily increasing for the past 3-4 years. Even in US Cellular Field ... ground balls won't go for home runs.

I hope the best for Youk, and I don't have any clue how Middlebrooks will do long term ... but, as much as it pains me to say it, there probably isn't a way you can justify Youk starting over Middlebrooks right now. So getting just $1 off the payroll for Youk is a deal for the Sox. I'm guessing every team dealing with the Sox knew that.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    jimed14 wrote:
    I do love me some Youk ... but a few things to note ...

Hasn't had more than 500 ABs in a season since 2008.

OB% - 2010 - .400, 2011 - .359, 2012 - .300

This year so far, he is hitting ground balls at a rate of 50% of balls put in play ... this ground ball rate has been steadily increasing for the past 3-4 years. Even in US Cellular Field ... ground balls won't go for home runs.

I hope the best for Youk, and I don't have any clue how Middlebrooks will do long term ... but, as much as it pains me to say it, there probably isn't a way you can justify Youk starting over Middlebrooks right now. So getting just $1 off the payroll for Youk is a deal for the Sox. I'm guessing every team dealing with the Sox knew that.

agreed, it's hard to bench middlebrooks right now.

how does youk do on d?
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    davidtrios wrote:
    how does youk do on d?
    He's won a gold glove at first one year. He's not bad/pretty good defensively at third, but the skills are fading fast. He's aged about 10 years in the last 5. Enjoy!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Oh and my two cents. I am actually sad to see the jackass go. Players like that add to the rivalry and so far I obviously have no reason to despise Middlebrooks, aside from his jersey. Am sure that will change in time, but for now, I feel like the rivalry will be missing a little something. At least there is still Beckett, Pedroia and Ortiz.

How do you dislike Pedroia?
    He is the reason I love baseball.
    In no other sport can a little guy like him actually make a differnce.
    He gives 100% on every play no matter what.
    Last year he played with a banged up knee and now he is playing with thumb injury.
    In this modern day of baseball with crazy salaries, he is pleasure to watch.
    He is true baseball player.
    Hmm ... Sox are in the bay area next week and damn good tickets are available.

Hoping to make it to a game, but, fiscal year end and and project managing a CRM conversion make it pretty damn tough to carve out some time.

Not sure I want hit up Oakland on July 4th either, they have an intersting view of "fireworks" in Oaktown for us Sox fans ... :shock:

Congrats to Papi on his 400th. Thank God this chase is over. Now he can get back to mashing his way to a bigger paycheck.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Go Big Papi
    :thumbup: :thumbup:
    2010 - Boston
    2011 - Alpine 1 & 2 --- EV - Providence & Boston - Tres Mts - Boston
    2012 - Missoula
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Worcester 1 & 2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    2014 - Detroit, Moline, St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016 - Greenville, Hampton, Columbia, New York City 1, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley 1
    Middlebrooks to the DL? Sorry, but you can't have Youk back. 9 RBIs in 9 games. Thanks again, Bawston.
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Congrats to Papi on his 400th. Thank God this chase is over. Now he can get back to mashing his way to a bigger paycheck.
    wonder if he'll have a huge 2nd half like jeter did last year after 3,000. I hate when he faces the yankees.
    79AA61141EA27C2B4DC3461C439E8.jpg
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,772
    davidtrios wrote:
    79AA61141EA27C2B4DC3461C439E8.jpg

Won 2 rings with what team?> :lol:
    Hey fuckers,

Good to see you guys again. No midget for the series? That's a shame.

Gonna be fun.

Oh, and...

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/ ... ssignment/

Classy, stuff.
    Eat shit Cliffy :lol:

Bring it, Bombers! This series could be a major turning point in the season (both positively or negatively). At least we got the Tejas Tough Guy throwing tonight.

Maybe its just me, but every time the Yanks come to Boston I secretly say "Dear God, please don't let them get swept/embarrassed this weekend".
    Oh boy, here we go. Shelled.
  • BOOM!
    2010 - Boston
    2011 - Alpine 1 & 2 --- EV - Providence & Boston - Tres Mts - Boston
    2012 - Missoula
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Worcester 1 & 2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    2014 - Detroit, Moline, St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016 - Greenville, Hampton, Columbia, New York City 1, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley 1
    Eat shit Cliffy :lol:

Love you too ;)
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,772
    I like to send congrats to Gonzalez & Aviles, for being the ONLY regulars ABLE to take the Field today(Saturday)> :clap: > :-P
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    cutz wrote:
    I like to send congrats to Gonzalez & Aviles, for being the ONLY regulars ABLE to take the Field today(Saturday)> :clap: > :-P

Not true. Bobby V. is there too. :lol: