Boston Red Sox

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Yeah, I had that problem a few years ago with the Yanks. Thank goodness for Brett Gardner and Swishalicious.

:lol:

I really don't get the Brett Gardner hatred
    I can't put my finger on it. I just want to punchasize his suckhole. :lol: And I got stuck with him on my fantasy team the year he decides to take the spring off.

:lol: Fair enough
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Sounds like Youkilis is going to be traded.
    Smart move. We all saw this coming. He's a fraction of the player he once was.

I think they may trade him, but I don't think he is a fraction of the player he was.
    He is getting healthy and very tough out all the time now.
    This guy when going good can carry a team.
    Ask any pitcher out there if he would rather face a rookie or Youk when the game is on the line.
    Everyone loves the new young hot thing, but Will is going to go in cold spell when the pitchers make
    adjustments.
    If they trade Youk I would only do it for a player that can help the team now.
    This team is playing great and you don't want to weaken your roster.
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Good points. I just feel like he's aging rapidly before our eyes and the injuries have taken their toll.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    Eh, if you're not going to pay him, you might as well get something for him, especially since his position is crowded
    edited June 2012
    We're outta the basement!

Awesome stuff from Punto today. He deserves it. And I loved Bobby V's reaction after that. I'm actually coming around on Bobby V. Winning helps. We go for the sweep of the Blow Jays tomorrow afternoon.

During the game, I was thinking how odd it is that in the first three months of the season, we only play the Yankees 3x (actually only 2 cuz of the rainout). We get 16 games with the bombers in the final 3 months. Just an odd configuration this year.
    Post edited by FenwayFaithful on
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    4th place!!
    Is Felix Dubront an all-star?
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    We're outta the basement!

Awesome stuff from Punto today. He deserves it. And I loved Bobby V's reaction after that. I'm actually coming around on Bobby V. Winning helps. We go for the sweep of the Blow Jays tomorrow afternoon.

During the game, I was thinking how odd it is that in the first three months of the season, we only play the Yankees 3x (actually only 2 cuz of the rainout). We get 16 games with the bombers in the final 3 months. Just an odd configuration this year.
    Those are going to be exciting 16 games.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Tampa Bay just lost.
    Now only two games back.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    yeah yeah ... I'm still watchin' ... barely.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    We got our hands full with Strasbourg tonight, and your boy Gio tomorrow night Jimed. I'm going to my first game of the year Sunday. I get shitty Lester vs. Jordan Zimmerman. But the seats are awesome and its always great getting a game in with my pops.

I think we take 2 of 3 from Washington and Miami, then sweep the Chicago Flubs next weekend. The NL is terrible, especially the NL west. I watched Arizona and the Giants last week and it was unbearable. The Portland Sea Dawgs have more offense than those two teams.

Its gonna be nice to get Cody, Jacoby and Crawford back in the next few weeks. I would have thought Ellsbury would be back by now.
    Is Felix Dubront an all-star?
    Nope
    Went to Fenway for the first time this season today with my Dad. Beautiful day. Lester pitched well enough to win, but the Nats pitching shut us down again. We got our money's worth at the end as Bobby V comically argued with the plate ump.
    This recent skid has been extra frustrating as the pitching has been there, but no offense. Cody begins a rehab assignment this weekend and it looks like Jacoby is taking swings in the cage. We need them both healthy and in the outfield ASAP.

Also, I'd like to state the obvious: That thing in centerfield in Miami is the gaudiest, ugliest piece of trash I've ever seen. Classic Miami. Obnoxious and over the top. I hope none of the Sox get their faces eaten off the next few days down there.
    Nice win against the Flubs. I guess. Another phantom injury by the Texas Tough Guy. And Youk is a bum.

That turf at Wrigley is horrendous.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    That turf at Wrigley is horrendous.

couple of concerts last weekend really tore it up. since they redid the field a couple years back and put in a drainage system, it's generally looked good.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Cody Ross back to his old ways after the DL stint. And Kalish completely botched that play in center tonight. Certainly some nerves after being away from Fenway for so long.
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Former Cubs' legend Mark Prior has struck out 19 in 8 innings for AAA Pawtucket. I guess he is on the verge of a comeback.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,923
    davidtrios wrote:
    Former Cubs' legend Mark Prior has struck out 19 in 8 innings for AAA Pawtucket. I guess he is on the verge of a comeback.

calling up former cubs will mean you're fucked for sure :shifty:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Same ole Dice K, eh?
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    The Marlins are desparate for a win but they won't get it today.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Same ole Dice K, eh?
    His WHIP was under 1 tonight and he retired something like 14 batters in a row.

Another win tonight. 5 in a row. Bring on the Bravos.
    Playing better.
    Little lucky that we get to play the Braves this weekend with Hudson and Hanson both not pitching.
    Bye bye Youk. Thanks for the 3 years of solid production.
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Bill Simmon's just tweeted that David Ortiz is the only player left from the 04 team. Crazy.

They play the white sox in a few weeks. I'm thinking about pulling the trigger and going to the first game he's back.
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    Always admired Youk's hustle. Thanks for the memories.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    Bye bye Youk. Thanks for the 3 years of solid production.

:lol: I always viewed this guy as nothing but a big cry-baby! I was never impressed with his temper tantrum antics in the dugout. People like to say that he acted this way due to his desire and drive to perform. I compared his antics to that of a Baby Huey. Bye Youk, go change your diaper! :lol:
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    Nice Win!!! Good Luck Youk, sad to see you go. Thanks for the great memories!

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Thank you red Sox-

you're getting a utility man hitting .175 and a pitcher that tops out at 89 with an era of 6.00 who was just sent down to AAA

plus you're paying 5.6 mil of youk's salary.

:crazy: :lol:
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    The guy aged fast, but I'll miss Youk.

One last time ... to all you haters ... the Youk Salute ...

kevin+youkilis+masshole.jpg
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez