Boston Red Sox

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    Fans headed for the door as bobby v got booed
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    You Son of a Bitch, Bobby V
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Sorry about the beat down.

As a life long Rangers fan, I know all about Bobby V. I can't believe y'all hired him.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    Cant wait for tomorrow. This looks like its going to be awesome. So many former players etc. expected to attend. Then we get Sox-Yanks Round 1.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    is this team any good? thinking of catching a game next weekend
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Oh yeah, they're on the south side next weekend. I don't really know how to answer the question of if they're any good or not, but they're certainly interesting.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    81 wrote:

on paper ... they're great!
  • Monster RainMonster Rain Posts: 1,415
    The story of why the cameraman was focused on Fisk during his 1975 World Series HR for that classic shot of him trying to wave the ball fair is quite gross.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/ ... age-on-tv/
    I want to say I knew this once. Or maybe posted on it once. But when you post several thousand things a year they all kind of blend together. Oh well.

Anyway, there’s a great story over at Sporting News which tells the tale of the famous shot of Carlton Fisk’s homer in Game 6 of the 1975 World Series. It was a shot that wasn’t supposed to happen because back then camermen were instructed to follow the ball, not the player’s reaction. But in this case, something weird happened:

NBC cameraman Lou Gerard, stationed in the Fenway scoreboard and assigned to track the ball wherever Fisk hit it, had a problem.

A big, hairy, ugly, nasty problem.

“There were some rats running around,” he says. “With Fisk coming up, Harry Coyle, who was the director at the time, he told me, ‘Lou, you have to follow the ball if he hits it.’ I said, ‘Harry, I can’t, I’ve got a rat on my leg that’s as big as a cat. It’s staring me in the face. I’m blocked by a piece of metal on my right.’ So he said, ‘What are we going to do?’ I said, ‘How about if we stay with Fisk, see what happens?’

Meanwhile, we all get mad at Luke Scott for calling Fenway Park a dump. Oh well.
    No Freddie Lynn
    No Trot Nixon
    No Wade Boggs
  • Monster RainMonster Rain Posts: 1,415
    No Freddie Lynn
    No Trot Nixon
    No Wade Boggs

Also, no Schilling. He's busy with his video game company and won't be there. The only reason Boggs isn't attending is because he heard that chicken was banned from the clubhouse. ;)
    No Freddie Lynn
    No Trot Nixon
    No Wade Boggs

Also, no Schilling. He's busy with his video game company and won't be there. The only reason Boggs isn't attending is because he heard that chicken was banned from the clubhouse. ;)

And beer

Something we can all agree on is that Boggs is the god damn man.
    I'm really gonna enjoy this celebration today
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    I picked Boston spring break week to come to Orlando.....surrounded by red sox shirts and hats :fp:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    edited April 2012

Wonder when I can begin to pull up the audio on my phone.

Hit your stadium up for the first time. Had great seats and saw you guys lose so that's always nice. The stadium was also better than I expected having heard so many negative things about it. Dig where it's at and the bars by it. I do like the dinginess of the bars by Yankee Stadium a lot more though. They were all built up McFaddens type places. I like a good dive bar that has been there forever. Had a good time though. Didn't talk any shit, dude in my row was rocking a Yankees hat and no one said anything that I noticed. Fans were really weak. Stadium was half empty in a decent game about 10 minutes after they rocked out to Sweet Caroline. Food was good, served liquor at a stand by my section and beers were only $8 or so. Edit: Definitely was a cool place to see a game though and glad I did. Altough I deleted every picture I took that had the 2004 banner in it.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
    I picked Boston spring break week to come to Orlando.....surrounded by red sox shirts and hats :fp:
    Wah
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Hit your stadium up for the first time. Had great seats and saw you guys lose so that's always nice. The stadium was also better than I expected having heard so many negative things about it. Dig where it's at and the bars by it. I do like the dinginess of the bars by Yankee Stadium a lot more though. They were all built up McFaddens type places. I like a good dive bar that has been there forever. Had a good time though. Didn't talk any shit, dude in my row was rocking a Yankees hat and no one said anything that I noticed. Fans were really weak. Stadium was half empty in a decent game about 10 minutes after they rocked out to Sweet Caroline. Food was good, served liquor at a stand by my section and beers were only $8 or so.
    Glad you had fun buddy. There are divey-type bars in the area (Copperfields, Baseball Tav), just gotta look for them. And Sweet Caroline makes me want to throw up.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Hit your stadium up for the first time. Had great seats and saw you guys lose so that's always nice. The stadium was also better than I expected having heard so many negative things about it. Dig where it's at and the bars by it. I do like the dinginess of the bars by Yankee Stadium a lot more though. They were all built up McFaddens type places. I like a good dive bar that has been there forever. Had a good time though. Didn't talk any shit, dude in my row was rocking a Yankees hat and no one said anything that I noticed. Fans were really weak. Stadium was half empty in a decent game about 10 minutes after they rocked out to Sweet Caroline. Food was good, served liquor at a stand by my section and beers were only $8 or so.
    Glad you had fun buddy. There are divey-type bars in the area (Copperfields, Baseball Tav), just gotta look for them. And Sweet Caroline makes me want to throw up.

Thanks, man, definitely a good time. I figured there probably were but we just missed them. Have to look up the name of the places we went, definitely new bars though. Yeah, we can agree that that's the worst too.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Wah

No crying...just wanna throw up...
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Awkward for Caroline Kennedy to throw out the first pitch when a grown man sings "touching me, touching her" on the PA system every game? :lol:
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Canseco
    :fp:
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Canseco
    :fp:

:lol:
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Awkward for Caroline Kennedy to throw out the first pitch when a grown man sings "touching me, touching her" on the PA system every game? :lol:

she's the Sweet Caroline?
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

That's what the rumor has it. He was insipred by a picture of a 4 year old Caroline Kennedy standing by her horse. :?
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

That's what the rumor has it. He was insipred by a picture of a 4 year old Caroline Kennedy standing by her horse. :?

no kidding. I'll have to see if the GF knows that tidbit of trivia, she is a fan of Red Sox and Neil Diamond
    JESUS FUCKING CHIRST. THROW THE BALL
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,785
    Happy 100th Fenway!
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    Happy 100th Fenway!

...and Happy Birthday MOM!

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

We want Tito chants, huh?
    Kentucky Fried Kevin and Pedro doing the toast today was the most ridiculous thing I've seen in years. The whole event was amazing, but the two of them on top of the dugout was comic gold. I was nearly pissing myself watching that today.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    Kentucky Fried Kevin and Pedro doing the toast today was the most ridiculous thing I've seen in years. The whole event was amazing, but the two of them on top of the dugout was comic gold. I was nearly pissing myself watching that today.

Even on the Yankees Sports radio station down here in Florida said the celebrations today were not over the top and quite eloquent.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)