Boston Red Sox

Comments

• adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    There's a new Dewey in Boston. His name is Bobby Jenks.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/ ... s-morning/
    Wow. Rough day for spring training pitchers in SW Florida.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/na ... story.html
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    Two bleacher seats for sale for the April 17th sox game. Section 41, row 23.

$60 for pair. PM if interested.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,923
    Jon Lackey :roll:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    is Andrew Bailey the closer on this team?

I see someone dropped him in my fantasy leauge and I need closer help

anyone?
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    smarchee wrote:
    is Andrew Bailey the closer on this team?

I see someone dropped him in my fantasy leauge and I need closer help

anyone?
    Thats the plan
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    Oh this is just fantastic. Curt Schilling says the players already don'tlike Valentine. 99.99% of the time, I think he should just shut up, but I am down with this.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Oh this is just fantastic. Curt Schilling says the players already don'tlike Valentine. 99.99% of the time, I think he should just shut up, but I am down with this.

agreed (shut up)

and agreed (down with this)

:lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Monster RainMonster Rain Posts: 1,415
    Chris Carpenter--aka the other Chris Carpenter, aka "the guy Boston got for Theo Epstein"--needs surgery on his throwing elbow to remove a bone spur. He had passed his physical before joining the Red Sox, though, so it's unlikely that they'll get to send him back and get someone else.
    Chris Carpenter--aka the other Chris Carpenter, aka "the guy Boston got for Theo Epstein"--needs surgery on his throwing elbow to remove a bone spur. He had passed his physical before joining the Red Sox, though, so it's unlikely that they'll get to send him back and get someone else.
    Thats 81's boy
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    Looks like I'll be seeing a game in San Fran on April 16th and at Fenway on the 18th. Will be my first time in your cute little stadium.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Looks like I'll be seeing a game in San Fran on April 16th and at Fenway on the 18th. Will be my first time in your cute little stadium.
    Funny story...we had our fantasy draft last sunday and right before one of my middle round picks the wi fi cuts out. I log back on to find that it auto-picked Brett Gardner for me. I felt like throwing my laptop out the window.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Funny story...we had our fantasy draft last sunday and right before one of my middle round picks the wi fi cuts out. I log back on to find that it auto-picked Brett Gardner for me. I felt like throwing my laptop out the window.

YEEESSSS! Enjoy
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    He'll be good for you.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    He's as good as traded once the season starts. Haven't had a Yankee on my team in 5 years, and I've enjoyed success in the league despite it.

F Brett Gardner. I hope he tears all the ligaments out of his knee by May 1. I wanna punch him right in his stupid face. Haha
    He's as good as traded once the season starts. Haven't had a Yankee on my team in 5 years, and I've enjoyed success in the league despite it.

F Brett Gardner. I hope he tears all the ligaments out of his knee by May 1. I wanna punch him right in his stupid face. Haha

I would wish injuries on your team but they're all already hurt...

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/r ... ist_a.html
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, because Chris Carpenter, Rich Hill, Dewey Jenks, Hoss Lackey and Dice were really being counted on to win games this year for us. :roll: And Crawford will have a rebound year, despite starting the year on the DL. How's Joba's ankle doing by the way?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, because Chris Carpenter, Rich Hill, Dewey Jenks, Hoss Lackey and Dice were really being counted on to win games this year for us. :roll: And Crawford will have a rebound year, despite starting the year on the DL.

A bunch of shitty names, but I think you guys would GLADLY take Dick K this year. Perhaps even Lackey. If I were Pineda I would put a fastball right on Crawfords wrist. Pitchers are going to jam him up so bad this year, it's going to be awesome.
    I'll take Bard and Aceves over Hoss and Dice. Oh man I can't wait for this season to start. Maybe Trot Nixon can come out of retirement to pummel that fat bastard on the mound in front of 38k in Fenway.
    I'll take Bard and Aceves over Hoss and Dice. Oh man I can't wait for this season to start. Maybe Trot Nixon can come out of retirement to pummel that fat bastard on the mound in front of 38k in Fenway.

Trot Nixon :lol:

On that note, I'm out to go see Bruce.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Enjoy it kid. There'll be plenty of time for shit talking in the coming months.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Enjoy it kid. There'll be plenty of time for shit talking in the coming months.

Thanks, man. That there will, especially as you guys are looking up at the Rays and Yanks ;)

Edit: You guys do have a mean lineup. That's all I'll give you.
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    I really see Cody Ross having a good year.
    His swing is a perfect fit for Fenway.
    Kind of like a Nick Esasky from out of nowhere big year.
    I drafted him in both of my fantasy teams.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Bailey might need surgery ... let's face it ...

major-league-theyre-shitty.jpg
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    jimed14 wrote:

:lol::lol:
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    jimed14 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
    I really see Cody Ross having a good year.
    His swing is a perfect fit for Fenway.
    Kind of like a Nick Esasky from out of nowhere big year.
    I drafted him in both of my fantasy teams.

this giants fan misses Cody :cry:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Monster RainMonster Rain Posts: 1,415
    Beckett is going to Cleveland for a 2nd opinion on his thumb. Supposedly, he's just going for his own peace of mind and not because he got bad news from the first doctor. I guess we'll know by the weekend if that's really the case or not.
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    so i'm presenting on the complicated changing face of Red Sox Nation up in Boson next Wednesday. Off the top of anyone's heads what are some of the most ridiculous and annoying things you can purchase from the Red Sox? I came up with DestiNations, RSN Membership, Green Monster seats in Ft. Myers, the Budweiser Beer Deck and all the other crazy corporate sponsorship they've done, Kid Nation, and all the stupid gear like the "commemorative" Brewers-Red Sox 2011 hat (among every other series) that my wife grabbed last year. I can get the website stuff, but is there anything local that is just out of this world corporate pandering?
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    RW81233 wrote:
    so i'm presenting on the complicated changing face of Red Sox Nation up in Boson next Wednesday. Off the top of anyone's heads what are some of the most ridiculous and annoying things you can purchase from the Red Sox? I came up with DestiNations, RSN Membership, Green Monster seats in Ft. Myers, the Budweiser Beer Deck and all the other crazy corporate sponsorship they've done, Kid Nation, and all the stupid gear like the "commemorative" Brewers-Red Sox 2011 hat (among every other series) that my wife grabbed last year. I can get the website stuff, but is there anything local that is just out of this world corporate pandering?

pink hats
    anything with david ortiz name/face on it

if you really want to be a dick just show up in an aaron boone jersey

the red sox nation stuff is horrendous
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    The Fixer wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

pink hats
    anything with david ortiz name/face on it

if you really want to be a dick just show up in an aaron boone jersey

the red sox nation stuff is horrendous
    no need to boone it up...i just got back from telling a bunch of sport management undergrads in Amherst, MA mean things about their fandom - especially since one of their own is the GM.