Boston Red Sox

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Wake had more class than the entire Yankees roster

As a Yankee fan I salute him on how long he pitched and his willingness to accept whatever role the team put him in. :thumbup:

Other than that...fuck the Red Sox. :lol:
  • ikiTikiT Posts: 11,054
    g under p wrote:
    Red Sox pitcher Tim Wakefield plans to announce his retirement tonight at 5 p.m.

To read more, visit: http://www.Boston.com

This day was coming but it's so sad to actually be here. Thanks for all the great memories...

Peace
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    g under p wrote:
    Red Sox pitcher Tim Wakefield plans to announce his retirement tonight at 5 p.m.

To read more, visit: http://www.Boston.com

This day was coming but it's so sad to actually be here. Thanks for all the great memories...

Peace

Yep, thanks for the memories :lol:

boone4.jpg

Two points -

One - Wakes was the MVP of that series for the Sox, he won games 1 and 4 and was pretty dominant in doing so. Sox wouldn't have got past game 5 without him.

Two - Do you have a pic of those 2003 Yankee Championship rings? Oh, wait ... ;)
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    from a yankee fan, tons of respect for wakefield.

incredible team player, fit whatever role the sox threw at him and asked him to do, and not once complained.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    Of ALL the current Red Sox players Wakes # would be the ONLY one I'd buy. I loved the way he played the game.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    I went to the new facility and watched Lackey throw for about 10 minutes today. He was throwing on flat ground from about 50 feet or so. He said it was the first time he's thrown and told Lester the arm felt good. Isn't it a little early to be throwing after TJ surgery?
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    I went to the new facility and watched Lackey throw for about 10 minutes today. He was throwing on flat ground from about 50 feet or so. He said it was the first time he's thrown and told Lester the arm felt good. Isn't it a little early to be throwing after TJ surgery?
    Big Hoss was throwing already? Damn, there's nothing that'll keep that man down! I hope he reinjures it and doesn't see the mound in 2012. I'd rather see DiceK back than Hoss.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    adam42381 wrote:
    Big Hoss was throwing already? Damn, there's nothing that'll keep that man down! I hope he reinjures it and doesn't see the mound in 2012. I'd rather see DiceK back than Hoss.
    Same here. Practice was over and he came out of the batting cage area and started throwing with what looked like a clubhouse attendant. There were maybe 15 people standing there and I think only myself and one other guy even recognized that it was Lackey. There's no mistaking that horse face.
    g under p wrote:
    Of ALL the current Red Sox players Wakes # would be the ONLY one I'd buy. I loved the way he played the game.

Peace

How would you not want a #15. He's everything that is great about the game.
    NO one puts more effort out there in the game of baseball than him.
  • g under p wrote:

Peace

How would you not want a #15. He's everything that is great about the game.
    NO one puts more effort out there in the game of baseball than him.
    I love it that Pedroia took Kentucky Fried Kev Millar's old number

edit: and for a minute there I thought you WERE referring to Rally Karaoke Guy
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,806
    adam42381 wrote:
    . I'd rather see DiceK back than Hoss.
    Arigato gozimasu!

Seriously, although he is inconsistent and has never lived up to the hype, Dice is a decent#2 or #3.

Sorry to see Wakes go. It was a real pleasure to watch him pitch.
    Get_Right wrote:
    Seriously, although he is inconsistent and has never lived up to the hype, Dice is a decent#2
    Dice K is NOT a decent #2 or #3. Maybe he's a #4, but he definitely isn't a #2 or #3 on a contender.

I love it how fat and out of shape Michael Pineda looks this spring. I hope he eats his way out of New York in 2 years.

Also, it appears Manny won't be coming to Fenway in 2012 as the only time Oakland comes here is in April, while Manny serves his suspension.

Any predictions on Manny's production this year: I'm gonna go with .290BA, 14HRs, 56RBIs from June til September.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    jimed14 wrote:

Two points -

One - Wakes was the MVP of that series for the Sox, he won games 1 and 4 and was pretty dominant in doing so. Sox wouldn't have got past game 5 without him.

Two - Do you have a pic of those 2003 Yankee Championship rings? Oh, wait ... ;)

Ha, I missed this.

1. True

2. haha, Nope, but it's kind of funny. Two of my favorite Yankees memories, top 5 at least, are times which they ended up losing. Boone and the 2001 world series were just awesome moments that I enjoyed almost as much if not as much as some of the championships.
    Wait, we ended up getting Chris Carpenter as compensation for Theo? Oh, not that Chris Carpenter...we got the marginal minor-leaguer Chris Carpenter.

I love it how fat and out of shape Michael Pineda looks this spring. I hope he eats his way out of New York in 2 years.

Also, it appears Manny won't be coming to Fenway in 2012 as the only time Oakland comes here is in April, while Manny serves his suspension.

Any predictions on Manny's production this year: I'm gonna go with .290BA, 14HRs, 56RBIs from June til September.

Pineda is a big dude. He'll be just fine, don't you worry.

No shot on Manny. Not in that park and not after sitting a year and a half. And this...

Here was one manager's take when told that job-hunting Manny Ramirez is in good shape: "Does he look like he's on steroids? Because he can't hit when he's not on steroids."
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,923
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Here was one manager's take when told that job-hunting Manny Ramirez is in good shape: "Does he look like he's on steroids? Because he can't hit when he's not on steroids."

LOVE that quote :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

LOVE that quote :lol:

Yeah, man. Me too.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    we got the marginal minor-leaguer Chris Carpenter.

don't be bad mouthing people from my home town. :P :lol:

he can zip it up there pretty good, but his control was aweful last year. if he can get any semblance of control, he can be a solid pitcher...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Looking forward to bumping into Manny while he's in the Bay Area!
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,769
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Wait, we ended up getting Chris Carpenter as compensation for Theo? Oh, not that Chris Carpenter...we got the marginal minor-leaguer Chris Carpenter.

Pineda is a big dude. He'll be just fine, don't you worry.

No shot on Manny. Not in that park and not after sitting a year and a half. And this...

Ramirez is gonna be 40, and out of the game for almost a year & 1/2.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    JetBluePark_BostonRedSoxFacebook-630x442.jpg

Chicago Cubs Fan Punks Boston Red Sox on jetBlue Park Domain Name

Type in that domain and you get sent back to the Yankees all for 8 bucks. The Sox Management will pay dearly to get it back. I'll drive west to see the new Park for my b-day just to get a taste of Fenway Park South.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p wrote:
    JetBluePark_BostonRedSoxFacebook-630x442.jpg

Chicago Cubs Fan Punks Boston Red Sox on jetBlue Park Domain Name

Type in that domain and you get sent back to the Yankees all for 8 bucks. The Sox Management will pay dearly to get it back. I'll drive west to see the new Park for my b-day just to get a taste of Fenway Park South.

Peace
    I think it's a funny story. I'm not sure if it would be the Sox who'd have to pay for the rights to the site since the stadium is owned by the city and the JetBlue sponsorship was handled through the city as well. I assume that something will be worked out. In the meantime, the guy is getting a lot of publicity and laughs out of this.
    I think it would be pretty fantastic if Francona and Valentine got into a pissing match.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I think it would be pretty fantastic if Francona and Valentine got into a pissing match.

I'm sure it won't be long after Francona called the clubhouse ban on alcohol a PR move. Maybe if Terry would still have a job if he had implemented a few PR moves like that and took back control of the clubhouse. He's entitled to his opinion but he comes off as a little defensive with those comments--and I don't even like Valentine.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I'm sure it won't be long after Francona called the clubhouse ban on alcohol a PR move. Maybe if Terry would still have a job if he had implemented a few PR moves like that and took back control of the clubhouse. He's entitled to his opinion but he comes off as a little defensive with those comments--and I don't even like Valentine.

Valentine already took a small shot back at him. I really hope Francona responds. This could be awesome.

“Remember, you’re getting paid over there for saying stuff. You get paid over here for doing stuff. I’ve done both.”

Which doesn't make much sense since Francona did playoff broadcasts last year, will be this year and won two world series rings.
  • God forbid these professionals act like professionals
    God forbid these professionals act like professionals

I hope they never do.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:

I hope they never do.
    Of course you do. I hope A Rod blows out his knee during spring training. And I hope Pineda chokes on a ham sandwich.

Gonna be a fun season Cliffy!
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I hope they never do.
    Of course you do. I hope A Rod blows out his knee during spring training. And I hope Pineda chokes on a ham sandwich.

Gonna be a fun season Cliffy!

You should be more worried about your pitchers choking on a chicken bone or getting a DUI leaving the stadium. Oh yeah, thats right, they hired Valentine to be their daddy and not let them drink.

'tis
  • The Yankees have a no alcohol policy too and they've butchered just about every season the past decade. It's not our fault half your rotation looks like the fat kid from The Blind Side.