Boston Red Sox

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    The Yankees have a no alcohol policy too and they've butchered just about every season the past decade. It's not our fault half your rotation looks like the fat kid from The Blind Side.

Whoa buddy. You have no room, NONE, to talk about a team butchering a season. If you need reminding

APTOPIX_Red_Sox_Orioles(3)_t607.jpg
  • Or like being up 3-0 in the ALCS and losing? How'd that one turn out? After the past year, it's almost as if you guys think you're exempt from criticism.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    Or like being up 3-0 in the ALCS and losing? How'd that one turn out? After the past year, it's almost as if you guys think you're exempt from criticism.

Yeah, that happened...........in 2004. I think there are a whole 3 players from that team still on the Yankees.

Criticism is fine, I'm fine with it. Yankees had a rotation that wasn't built for the playoffs and lost in 5 games to a tough Detroit team. But you guys on the other hand.
  • 3 players, until Pettite decides to visit Dr. Clemens for treatment and mounts a comeback. Then its 4.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    3 players, until Pettite decides to visit Dr. Clemens for treatment and mounts a comeback. Then its 4.

Bitter Buddy? it aint like you guys won without the needle.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    hey, remember when bucky dent hit that home run in '78?

TAKE THAT SOX FANS!
  • Yeah, I'm very bitter. And on top of all that, I just heard Varitek is retiring. Press conference coming Thursday. It's a sad day. I know how much you Yankee fans love Tek.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Yeah, I'm very bitter. And on top of all that, I just heard Varitek is retiring. Press conference coming Thursday. It's a sad day. I know how much you Yankee fans love Tek.

Sorry man that's a blow, but hey think about it, maybe someday to return as Manager, that'd be Cool.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Yeah, I'm very bitter. And on top of all that, I just heard Varitek is retiring. Press conference coming Thursday. It's a sad day. I know how much you Yankee fans love Tek.
    Who fights with their face mask on?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,769
    Newch91 wrote:
    Who fights with their face mask on?

The smart one's & that's why he'll make a good manager> :lol:
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    I hope A Rod blows out his knee during spring training.

Nah, I'd rather he continues this slow, painful, injury riddled decline ... only 6 years and $140M+ left on that contract Yankees fans!

Farewell Tek. You were a rock behind the plate for a decade.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    jimed14 wrote:
    I hope A Rod blows out his knee during spring training.

Nah, I'd rather he continues this slow, painful, injury riddled decline ... only 6 years and $140M+ left on that contract Yankees fans!

Farewell Tek. You were a rock behind the plate for a decade.

Gonna be bad. Read the Yankees don't plan to have him playing a major role in a couple years, don't really know what that means, I assume he's going to be the DH in a few years..
    Wow, I would imagine it would be a blast being around this guy on a daily basis....

"Somebody made that stuff up, just like somebody made up that we were doing stuff … This is stupid. I don't understand what the big deal is. Somebody was trying to save their own ass, and it probably cost a lot of people their asses. The snitching [expletive], that's [expletive]. It's not good.

"There's two things with the clubhouse thing that I have a problem with: If I'm going to say something about the clubhouse, my name is going to be on it. The second thing is you never want to be remembered as that guy because that will follow wherever you go. It's just mind-boggling to me."

:roll:
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Wow, I would imagine it would be a blast being around this guy on a daily basis....

"Somebody made that stuff up, just like somebody made up that we were doing stuff … This is stupid. I don't understand what the big deal is. Somebody was trying to save their own ass, and it probably cost a lot of people their asses. The snitching [expletive], that's [expletive]. It's not good.

"There's two things with the clubhouse thing that I have a problem with: If I'm going to say something about the clubhouse, my name is going to be on it. The second thing is you never want to be remembered as that guy because that will follow wherever you go. It's just mind-boggling to me."

I can understand him blasting whoever leaked stuff about Francona's personal life but how can he be mad about people talking about what he and the other guys did in the clubhouse during games? On top of that, how can he say, ". . . Just like somebody made up that we were doing stuff" when other guys involved already admitted that it happened? This guy really thinks he's above criticism and never does anything wrong. That attitude's really worked out well the past 2 years. What a tool.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I can understand him blasting whoever leaked stuff about Francona's personal life but how can he be mad about people talking about what he and the other guys did in the clubhouse during games? On top of that, how can he say, ". . . Just like somebody made up that we were doing stuff" when other guys involved already admitted that it happened? This guy really thinks he's above criticism and never does anything wrong. That attitude's really worked out well the past 2 years. What a tool.

It's unreal. I don't think this has anything to do with Francona though. That would definitely be understandable. It's all about him. Whether it was because of beer, fried chicken or just bad timing, you had shitty starts that cost the team the playoffs. You're out of your mind if you don't think that will come out. How can you be that rich, play a game for a living and be that angry all the time?
  • I gotta pace myself. Got a little too worked up yesterday about all this.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    Goodbye Tek, I'll be visiting the new place in March for my B-day...

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/r ... pbox_links

Goodbye Tek someday you will make a great manager maybe for the Sox one day.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Tell your manager to shut up. Jeter has 5 more rings than he does.

I would love to stop posting in this thread but everything seems to be on your manager or ace.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I would love to stop posting in this thread but everything seems to be on your manager or ace.

You tell em!

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Cliffy6745 wrote:

He really does love to run his mouth about things he doesn't know anything about. Jeter wasn't out of position, the A's batter on deck said the throw was heading for him (and therefore couldn't have nailed Giambi if Jeter had let it go), Torre said they practiced the play, and even Showalter said that the team had worked on that play in training camp as far back as 1995 and Jeter was one of the guys who worked on it. I'm not really sure what his goal was by commenting on the play in that manner since all it did was make him look stupid. I doubt Jeter's sitting at his locker fuming about it right now. I know Valentine wants to get involved in the rivalry, but at least say things that make sense.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

He really does love to run his mouth about things he doesn't know anything about. Jeter wasn't out of position, the A's batter on deck said the throw was heading for him (and therefore couldn't have nailed Giambi if Jeter had let it go), Torre said they practiced the play, and even Showalter said that the team had worked on that play in training camp as far back as 1995 and Jeter was one of the guys who worked on it. I'm not really sure what his goal was by commenting on the play in that manner since all it did was make him look stupid. I doubt Jeter's sitting at his locker fuming about it right now. I know Valentine wants to get involved in the rivalry, but at least say things that make sense.
    He's probably still mad that Jeter torched the Mets in the 2000 World Series.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    “I’m indifferent,” Jeter said. “I mean, think about it. We don’t practice it? We do. You guys have seen it, so what else can I say? I was out of position? No, I was where I was supposed to be. Talking about Varitek, point out the good things he’s done. Unbelievable career. I’m happy for him. I enjoyed competing against him all these years. That’s what we should be talking about.”

It’s true, the Yankees absolutely practice the flip play. “I don’t flip it,” Jeter said, but the Yankees practice their positioning for that ball hit into the right-field corner with a runner at first, and Jeter is always drifting to the middle of the first-base line. Valentine said he thought Jeremy Giambi would have been out without Jeter making the flip. I disagree, and so does Jeter.

“No,” Jeter said, “but who cares? They must be bored over there, huh?”

http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2012/02/29/w ... different/
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Farewell Tek
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    It was a good ride, Tek. Thanks for the memories.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    The wife and I went to the first spring training game yesterday at the new park. After watching the Sox lose all 6 games I attended last year (5 spring training, 1 regular season at Tampa Bay), it was nice to see them get a win, even if it was against the Twins split squad group. Beckett looked a little rusty, but pitched okay. Miller scared me by starting with a walk, but settled down quickly, K-ing 3 in a row. The offense looked okay. Lars Anderson hit a bomb to right field for a grand slam which was nice.

The stadium is a great place to watch a game. My only complaint is that the lawn seating area isn't raised/sloped enough. We got there early and were at the very front of the lawn and we couldn't see over the safety railing over the bullpens, so we were stuck looking through the bars the whole time. We moved back a bit, but the rise is so slight that you're never able to fully see over the railing. Poor planning in my opinion. For the record, we weren't the only people complaining about this. Hopefully they can fix it for next year.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    adam42381 wrote:

The stadium is a great place to watch a game. My only complaint is that the lawn seating area isn't raised/sloped enough. We got there early and were at the very front of the lawn and we couldn't see over the safety railing over the bullpens, so we were stuck looking through the bars the whole time. We moved back a bit, but the rise is so slight that you're never able to fully see over the railing. Poor planning in my opinion. For the record, we weren't the only people complaining about this. Hopefully they can fix it for next year.

they could probably PAVE the lawn seating and still sell tickets.

I've always hated lawn seating :x
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    My optimism about the season gets a little dampened when I read things like this ...

Danny Knobler of CBSSports.com reports that the Red Sox, Tigers, Astros are among the teams watching Nationals' left-hander John Lannan.

The Nationals plan to have Chien-Ming Wang occupy the final spot in the starting rotation this season, so Lannan is suddenly expendable.

Yup ... looking at a guy who can't even beat out Chien-Ming Wang.

Red Sox fever ... catch it!
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    Need any starters? :lol::lol:

• Monster RainMonster Rain Posts: 1,415
    There's a new Dewey in Boston. His name is Bobby Jenks.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/ ... s-morning/