Boston Red Sox

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,716
    John Henry is on the Sports Hub right now and being put on the spot big time and not sounding very good.

John Henry saying he wasn't in support of the Crawford contract. :lol::lol::lol::lol: What an asshole.
    Yes, John, the media is misleading the public and you are the victim.

This dude is a complete jackass.
    This dude blows. What an embarrassment.
    "Everybody is blaming everybody for everything, but we don’t blame everybody for everything."

How exactly is this man a gazillionaire?
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    They should sell the Sox, Jersey needs a team. :twisted:
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    edited October 2011
    props to the jeags for posting this

http://www.nesn.com/2011/10/david-ortiz ... ation.html
    Post edited by neilybabes86 on
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329

:lol::lol:

link is busted. Like the Yankees World Series hopes. :lol::lol::lol:

hmnnn this thing won't copy right....anyway its funny :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Wilds wrote:

:lol::lol:

link is busted. Like the Yankees World Series hopes. :lol::lol::lol:

good one
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    tommy john surgery for lackey. will miss 2012...the bad news keeps on comin
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,199
    Happy anniversary 25yrs ago today :P
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Davidtrios wrote:
    how exactly is this bad news?im so happy!
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    Davidtrios wrote:

The only way to be happy about this newsis if this was at the end of his contract. The Sox still have to pay the rest of his contract and will still need pitching on the field to replace his absence.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,923
    g under p wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:

The only way to be happy about this newsis if this was at the end of his contract. The Sox still have to pay the rest of his contract and will still need pitching on the field to replace his absence.

Peace
    it's not hard to find 6+ ERA replacement guys.

P.S. zito is available and he's a better pitcher :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Davidtrios wrote:

he was probably bad this yr BC of the bum elbow
  • Davidtrios wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:

he was probably bad this yr BC of the bum elbow
    Trust me DT, it wasnt the bum elbow. It's the fact that he sucks as a pitcher and as a human being.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    as a human being?? did he pull a tiki barber or something (at least i think i heard that somewhere)
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    Davidtrios wrote:
    as a human being?? did he pull a tiki barber or something (at least i think i heard that somewhere)
    Files for divorce while his wife is battling cancer. Yes, he's a terrible human being...and a worse pitcher.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    adam42381 wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:
    Files for divorce while his wife is battling cancer. Yes, he's a terrible human being...and a worse pitcher.

:shock:
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    Davidtrios wrote:
    adam42381 wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:

:shock:
    She has breast cancer and had a double mastectomy (removal of both breasts) in March. He filed for divorce in late August.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    Any Sox fans hope we go after Mark Buehrle? We need pitching and he is a horse.
    Some words when spoken...Can't be taken back...
  • You guys see this? Heidi's leaving the Sox to handle the Lakers both on and off the court I suppose from her track record. She's an angel. Just a ray of sunshine 162 games a year. I'm gonna miss her. She came in second in the miss california contest.

http://www.boston.com/sports/touching_all_the_bases/2011/11/watney_leaving_nesn.html?p1=Upbox_links

:(
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    You guys see this? Heidi's leaving the Sox to handle the Lakers both on and off the court I suppose from her track record. She's an angel. Just a ray of sunshine 162 games a year. I'm gonna miss her. She came in second in the miss california contest.

http://www.boston.com/sports/touching_all_the_bases/2011/11/watney_leaving_nesn.html?p1=Upbox_links

That sucks. Looks like she won't be working as much.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    "doofus organization"
    You guys know you need a manager, right?

How do you feel about Valentine? Great baseball mind, but not sure he would be my choice.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:

How do you feel about Valentine? Great baseball mind, but not sure he would be my choice.
    Yeah, I know. We're still in a turkey coma Cliffy. So many great beers this weekend to care about the sinking ship in Boston. I like both Valentine and Lamont. It'll probably be Valentine which I'm okay with. I also think it would be worthwhile to try getting Buerle on a 3 year deal. I think that would go a long way solidifying the rotation after last years disaster.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, I know. We're still in a turkey coma Cliffy. So many great beers this weekend to care about the sinking ship in Boston. I like both Valentine and Lamont. It'll probably be Valentine which I'm okay with. I also think it would be worthwhile to try getting Buerle on a 3 year deal. I think that would go a long way solidifying the rotation after last years disaster.

Haha, I hear you. Seems like a shit show with this org right now. I assume it will be Valentine too. The guy knows his baseball but will be interesting to see how he handles that clubhouse. He gets pretty lucky with having Lackey away from the team for the year though.

No doubt on Buherle. He would be a good pickup for just about any team. Dude knows how to pitch.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    You guys see this? Heidi's leaving the Sox to handle the Lakers both on and off the court I suppose from her track record. She's an angel. Just a ray of sunshine 162 games a year. I'm gonna miss her. She came in second in the miss california contest.

why can't comcast sportsnet in philly attract talent like that?? :x :x :x
    www.myspace.com
  • You guys see this? Heidi's leaving the Sox to handle the Lakers both on and off the court I suppose from her track record. She's an angel. Just a ray of sunshine 162 games a year. I'm gonna miss her. She came in second in the miss california contest.

Because you heathens would inevitably throw batteries or something at her when she accidentally mispronounces Ibanez.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527

Because you heathens would inevitably throw batteries or something at her when she accidentally mispronounces Ibanez.
    no sir. i would not envision that happening to this glorious creature:
    9td7a0j4w42bdta2.jpg

:shock: :thumbup: :clap:
    www.myspace.com