Boston Red Sox

Comments

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,780
    jimed14 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    A-rod coming up short when it matters most.

It does not get old.

Still? Even Yankees fans are over this.

Are they?

i do expect it.....we got 1 good playoffs and ws from him...and i don't expect much more

I miss igotid88
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    jimed14 wrote:
    Just got home and right before the Bruins game, I flipped onto the Sox game to see what was up (4-0, nice) ... but I flipped on just in time to see a promo, a Red Sox sponsored promo, that stated the Red Sox and Giants have teamed up to vote each other's players into the All Star game ... go to MLB.com and vote 25 times, blah blah blah.

Now, the Sox are my team, and I live in SF and really like the Giants ... but fuck this. Just so weak.

Is this really what it's coming to? So lame.

Why aren't they asking to get the BEST players in? That would help the Sox the most for home field advantage if they make it to the World Series.

Whatever ... rant over, time to drop the puck.

Completely agree. Fans should not be permitted to vote unless they take a baseball IQ test.

If the only baseball names they can conjure up from memory are Arod, Griffey, Bonds, Pujols, and Halladay, then they have no right to vote.

IMO.

AND A HUGE FUCK YEAH AS THE B'S JUST WENT UP 2-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    [In my best Sherm Feller voice]

Ladies and gentlemen ... boys and girls ...

Welcome, to Fenway Park South ...

nyybpk03.jpg
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    This thread is on fire tonight.

I bet AJ Burnett is a big Nickleback fan. What a tool that guy is.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    While all you east coasters are sleeping, news breaking that Pedroia may knee surgery ... would be out for a month.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/r ... ia_12.html

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    jimed14 wrote:
    While all you east coasters are sleeping, news breaking that Pedroia may knee surgery ... would be out for a month.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/r ... ia_12.html
    This sucks. He's been noticeably bad at the plate the last few weeks. I know they need to get Scutaro back in the mix because he's collecting a paycheck, but I'd almost prefer to let Iglecias get more reps the next month. The offense has been killing it and missing Pedroia for a month shouldn't mess up the mojo that much.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    Pedroia will not need surgery. Just a bone bruise

And the Sox are going to start at 10:30 EST .... wait ... what? Why?

They can't make this game up some other time?

Nevermind ... NESN speculating that it has to do with getting Jeter getting his 3,000th hit at Yankee Stadium. Every game helps.

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,714
    jimed14 wrote:
    Pedroia will not need surgery. Just a bone bruise

And the Sox are going to start at 10:30 EST .... wait ... what? Why?

They can't make this game up some other time?

Nevermind ... NESN speculating that it has to do with getting Jeter getting his 3,000th hit at Yankee Stadium. Every game helps.

Of all people to complain...the guy on the west coast
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

HA.

No, what I'm afraid of is the start / stop nonsense ... killing starters, and bullpens.

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    jimed14 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

HA.

No, what I'm afraid of is the start / stop nonsense ... killing starters, and bullpens.

rain is over for the night....i think
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    jimed14 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

HA.

Must I remind you of the current state of the Yankees bullpen?
    jimed14 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

HA.

You going to PJ20 dude?
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    it's okay. the american league has a 2am curfew.

stupid american league and their dumb rules. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    Enough is enough. What a bunch of fucking assholes.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

:lol:

jimed14 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Seriously dude. You honestly can't tell me you wouldn't be annoyed if the Yankees hit your team this much? Be honest with it. It's fucking absurd.
    Would I be annoyed? Probably, yeah.

Would I sound like a bunch of crybaby whiners like you all are sounding like? Would I be calling for Sox pitchers to be drilling Yankees? Fuck -- No.

Again, the best way to get back at a team is to beat them, on the scoreboard ... I'm stunned you Yankees fans have forgot that.

• force-10force-10 Posts: 794
    Damn! This game should have been postponed! Morons.
    IN THE DARK, ALL CATS ARE BLACK.
    force-10 wrote:
    Damn! This game should have been postponed! Morons.

I'm loving that NESN keeps cutting to people in the stands that are passed out sleeping in their seats.

Heidi still looks great
    I just saw the clip of sabathia´s intentional hit to ortiz. What an asshole! :lol:

Big papi, being big papi. If it were manny ramirez, another brawl would still be going on.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    force-10 wrote:
    Big papi, being big papi. If it were manny ramirez, another brawl would still be going on.
    True, we saw what happened the last time a pitch didn't Manny.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Sabathia 82 pitches on 6IP. He´s probably gonna finish the game. I´m starting to think we´ll have to be happy with just winning the series.

The indians are gonna kick their asses as well. I´m almost 100% sure about that. Their negative streak will end with the yankees. Well at least that´s what I´m rooting for. ;)
    Newch91 wrote:
    force-10 wrote:

:lol: It was closer to being a strike then hitting Ramirez.

Nice of Ortiz to shrug off the HBP and promptly single on the next pitch he sees ...

OH, and scoring on Swish's tumble!!! :lol:

Oops! I could be wrong! Go my beloved sox!
    YESSSSSSSS!
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    jimed14 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    force-10 wrote:

:lol: It was closer to being a strike then hitting Ramirez.

Nice of Ortiz to shrug off the HBP and promptly single on the next pitch he sees ...

OH, and scoring on Swish's tumble!!! :lol:
    :lol: It was no where near him and he decides to start a brawl. That's what you call Manny being Manny.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Ok, Adrian´s numbers states he´s gonna hit a homerun right now.
    Well, that was close enough for me! :lol:

Bye bye C.C.! :lol::lol::lol:
    An 0 - 2 middle of the plate breaking ball???

Youk will line the shit out of that every time.

Thank you Mr. Robertson!