Boston Red Sox

Comments

• jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Am I the only one hoping the Red Sox score about 12 runs in the top of the ninth so there is no chance Papelbon comes into this game?
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • force-10force-10 Posts: 794
    jimed14 wrote:
    Am I the only one hoping the Red Sox score about 12 runs in the top of the ninth so there is no chance Papelbon comes into this game?

Nope.
    IN THE DARK, ALL CATS ARE BLACK.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,714
    Third out at third
    Damn!!!! We are up three. Jacoby should have stayed at 2nd base!!!!!!
    There you go Jimed, that game brought him up to a 4.32 ERA.
    Shit! A walk with no out! These games are (almost) ALWAYS so close.
    force-10 wrote:

Funny thing is, I feel like this game is 94-0 but the Yanks still somehow have a chance.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    force-10 wrote:

Funny thing is, I feel like this game is 94-0 but the Yanks still somehow have a chance.

You know what? I always have that same feeling myself! Seriously.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    There you go Jimed, that game brought him up to a 4.32 ERA.

On the boston broadcast, they stated his save situation, ERA = 2.15

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    A-rod coming up short when it matters most.

It does not get old.

I love rodriguez when he swings like that! 1W.
    jimed14 wrote:

It does not get old.

Still? Even Yankees fans are over this.
    http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/r ... ExtraBases

Jonathan Papelbon, who appealed his three-game suspension, came on to record his 12th save and 200th of his career. It's the fastest (359 appearances) any closer has ever gotten to 200 saves. Mariano Rivera had done it in 382 appearances.

Look who´s looking better than Mariano!
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    force-10 wrote:
    http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/?p1=SportsNav_Sox_ExtraBases

Jonathan Papelbon, who appealed his three-game suspension, came on to record his 12th save and 200th of his career. It's the fastest (359 appearances) any closer has ever gotten to 200 saves. Mariano Rivera had done it in 382 appearances.

Rivera started out as a set up man.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    force-10 wrote:
    http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/?p1=SportsNav_Sox_ExtraBases

:lol::lol::lol:
    Newch91 wrote:
    force-10 wrote:

Rivera started out as a set up man.

That's not even worth a legitimate response.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

It does not get old.

Are they?
    arod is weak...

• I Hate Boston Sports. How many championships? I've only seen one Finals apperance from Seattle and now that team is in OKC. Real sports fans like losers. And screw Pittsburgh also.
    Memorial Stadium, Seattle - Jul 21 22, 1998
    Key Arena - Nov 05, 2000
    Gorge Amphitheater - Sep 01, 2005, Jul 22,23, 2006
    Key Arena - Sept 21,22, 2009
    Alpine Valley - Sept 3, 4 2011
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Boom baby! Eat it Yankee fans! I'm drunk.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    I Hate Boston Sports. How many championships? I've only seen one Finals apperance from Seattle and now that team is in OKC. Real sports fans like losers. And screw Pittsburgh also.

Maybe someone from the North West won the snow board rider championships? :lol: :roll: :lol:
    I Hate Boston Sports. How many championships? I've only seen one Finals apperance from Seattle and now that team is in OKC. Real sports fans like losers. And screw Pittsburgh also.
    Really? So if you're from CT, MA, New York, or Rhode Island and you root for the Yankees/Red Sox/Mets, you're not a real sports fan?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    jimed14 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

It does not get old.

Are they?
    arod is weak...

i do expect it.....we got 1 good playoffs and ws from him...and i don't expect much more
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Have I mentioned how much I love Big Flabby? He's got that old swagger back, as evidenced by the numbers jimed provided above, and the fact that he's eating the Yankees lunch right now.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Have I mentioned how much I love Big Flabby? He's got that old swagger back, as evidenced by the numbers jimed provided above, and the fact that he's eating the Yankees lunch right now.

big-papi-esther-rolle.jpg
    Just got home and right before the Bruins game, I flipped onto the Sox game to see what was up (4-0, nice) ... but I flipped on just in time to see a promo, a Red Sox sponsored promo, that stated the Red Sox and Giants have teamed up to vote each other's players into the All Star game ... go to MLB.com and vote 25 times, blah blah blah.

Now, the Sox are my team, and I live in SF and really like the Giants ... but fuck this. Just so weak.

Is this really what it's coming to? So lame.

Why aren't they asking to get the BEST players in? That would help the Sox the most for home field advantage if they make it to the World Series.

Whatever ... rant over, time to drop the puck.

Wilds wrote:

BWWAAAA HA AHA AHA AHA ... this needs to get posted in the celebrity look alike thread!!!

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    It doesn't get any better than this the Sox aND THE Bruins are on.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Wilds wrote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    Wilds wrote:

Isn't that Weezy from the sitcom *Good Times*......Too funny :lol:

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p wrote:
    Wilds wrote:

Isn't that Weezy from the sitcom *Good Times*......Too funny :lol:

Peace
    Florida was her name