Boston Red Sox

Comments

• JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    yeah, they woke up alright.. like 30+ hits in a few games right??
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • force-10force-10 Posts: 794
    The defense has always been good. Finally, it seems that the offense is picking up. Right now, the sox are the hottest team. No doubt about it.

I feel great for crawford!
    IN THE DARK, ALL CATS ARE BLACK.
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    The offense is scoring runs.
    The starting pitching has been very good.
    The bullpen has been ok.

And a nice jack from Ellsbury today for good measure. This team is killing it right now.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    this team is scary good right now...theyve destroyed a very good/hot tigers team...the sky is the limit for bawston
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    ok, as much as I felt I needed to be the voice of reason after a 2 - 10 start ... I feel I need to step in again.

They've lost 2 of the top five starters ... we're really getting a ton out of Aceves right now, but that cat has never pitched more than 140 innings in a season, and heck that was 4 years ago.

Wakes ain't a kid anymore ... he's had his injury time over the past few years.

Josh Becket will not maintain a 1.70 ERA

etc etc etc ...

Believe me, I'm totally stoked this team has caught fire ... I knew it would never be as bad as it was, but, we still got over 2/3 of the season left. It will not be easy making the playoffs this year.

{steps off soap box}
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    jimed14 wrote:
    ok, as much as I felt I needed to be the voice of reason after a 2 - 10 start ... I feel I need to step in again.

They've lost 2 of the top five starters ... we're really getting a ton out of Aceves right now, but that cat has never pitched more than 140 innings in a season, and heck that was 4 years ago.

etc etc etc ...

Believe me, I'm totally stoked this team has caught fire ... I knew it would never be as bad as it was, but, we still got over 2/3 of the season left. It will not be easy making the playoffs this year.

{steps off soap box}

I agree but this offense is going to carry them on most nights.
    Dustin still hasn't even heated up yet.
    Pitching wins championships.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    jimed14 wrote:

etc etc etc ...

{steps off soap box}
    This is why you're the MVP of this thread kid. I get way too high and way too low on this team. Always have. It's having a perspective like yours that makes the season easier to handle.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    jimed14 wrote:
    And you know what? Lester's the supposed ace of the staff. He's 7-1 with a 3 ERA and I personally think he hasn't pitched his best yet. Buckles has been solid the last few starts and Beckett looks like 07 again. I guarantee Wake doesn't make more than 10 starts all season.
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    jimed14 wrote:

The front three is as good as anyone in the American league.
    Four and five are shaky, but in the postseason that doesn't matter.
    The bullpen will be the true test of this team.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,342
    If the Phillies were on a streak like you guys, we would be...

arguing about Ryan Howard. :roll: :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    jimed14 wrote:

True. But offense does as well. ALCS 2004.

The season is long indeed. We have won nothing yet, but after that scary start, the red sox will be on the first spot on the AL east (if the mariners hold that 4-3 lead tonite), and that says alot. The batters were missing. We can see them producing now. Pitching was a mess. And it will remain that way the whole season. Dice k and lackey are a waste on the roster. We really only have 3 great starting pitchers and it will be up to them if the sox make it to the playoffs.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    Never thought the Red Sox could be in first place BEFORE June.

m_96608313e6921779ba975517418a92b0.gif

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,182
    Best thing about this hot steak by the sox is the fact that Wake's is back in the rotation and pitching well. Winning his last two starts is awesome. I know he won't be in the rotation all year, but he is so close to 200 career wins and 11 shy of tying Clemens and Cy Young for most in a Red Sox uniform (192). Love to see him overtake them both and get 193 before he retires!
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
    That would be great. Wakefield is one of my heroes in all sports.
    1 out of 2, so far. Losing 2 - 0 in the fourth.

Big papi the hero again today.
  • Brain of mJBrain of mJ Posts: 786
    A tad off topic here, but (and it's certainly no sure thing) if the Bruins defeat the Canucks, the city of Boston will have had all 4 titles in the past 6 years. That's pretty sick.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    when you want the job (chicago victory in boston), you don't send the north siders. :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    how does the hottest team in baseball get whacked by the good sox? strange game i tell ya
    Well we were beaten pretty bad the last three games, but we got afternoon baseball today and an off day tomorrow before eating Oakland alive and taking it to the Yankees again next week.
    the brooms are out. :o
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    the white sox beat our butts last year also. And now chicago is on a roll. Lets see if they stay this hot. Doubt it though.

I hope boston recovers quick. The yanks next week. Nothing else matters as long as we win that series. And keep winning, of course.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

clearly out, but those plays happen all the time. they should give managers a challenge, but per the article, sounds like video was inconclusive
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    after remembering the worst call in history of baseball the tigers fans had to go thru, I´m feeling better right now.
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    :x
    I'm back to being upset
    Looks like DiceK's career is over
    I'm back to being upset

For the second time in 2 months ... I told you.

;)