Boston Red Sox

Comments

• jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    An A-bomb ... from A-Gon!

(hee hee hee)
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • force-10force-10 Posts: 794
    Josh looking better each start. Some trouble here and there but came out nice! Getting 6 runs out of cc is priceless.

Posada, well what can I say? This act represents most of the things I dislike about the yankees. Players thinking they are big shots and feeling insulted when their .165 ass is asked to fill in for the 9th spot. Not only that but he denies to even play! It must be very dissapointing for a yankee fan, especially because its posada we are talking about here. Varitek on the other hand...... RESPECT.
    IN THE DARK, ALL CATS ARE BLACK.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    force-10 wrote:
    Josh looking better each start. Some trouble here and there but came out nice! Getting 6 runs out of cc is priceless.

Posada, well what can I say? This act represents most of the things I dislike about the yankees. Players thinking they are big shots and feeling insulted when their .165 ass is asked to fill in for the 9th spot. Not only that but he denies to even play! It must be very dissapointing for a yankee fan, especially because its posada we are talking about here. Varitek on the other hand...... RESPECT.

But Varitek hasn't hit in years, this is new to Posada, give him some time to adapt.
    But Varitek hasn't hit in years, this is new to Posada, give him some time to adapt.

Huh? So if he is asked to bat 9th, he is entitled to stand out of the game? Yikes!

If he were given the role that varitek has in the sox, I can´t even imagine what posada would do.

David ortiz has been given a bottom spot in the lineup (last year) for his poor numbers. Posada, what a harsh reaction! He seems like a moron now.
    force-10 wrote:

Huh? So if he is asked to bat 9th, he is entitled to stand out of the game? Yikes!

If he were given the role that varitek has in the sox, I can´t even imagine what posada would do.

David ortiz has been given a bottom spot in the lineup (last year) for his poor numbers. Posada, what a harsh reaction! He seems like a moron now.

No it seems pretty natural.
    Exactly why I dislike the yankees so much. Big shots that think they deserve royal treatment. Not all of them, of course. Jeter is an example to us all.

Rivera not wanting to hang his number for jackie robinson. I mean even Alex rodriguez has fought with jeter. Arod is in the same level as cristiano ronaldo (football). ego centric jackasses.

Ok, i agree that manny was a mad dog and has (or had) an uncontrollable temper in the field. Many players are like that in all sports.

But posada´s stunt today is classic yankee attitude.
    And now he says it was his back! :lol::lol::lol:

And Cashman. What a way to manage things. He should have kept his mouth shut, and handle this behind doors and later adress the media. He´s what 39? Bad reaction by posada, but even worse reaction by cashman.

Anyways, great game by the sox tonight! Sweep tomorrow nite!!!
    :lol: you great where have you been?, everybody's so PC around here.
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    This Posada thing was handled poorly by all involved.

Posada if he threw a tantrum.
    Girardi by not keeping it behind closed doors.
    Cashman for opening his trap.

Posada needs to go into damage control as he has and the Yankees have to back him up.

Anything else would be stupid and classless on their part.

Then Posada has to shut the fuck up and play wherever they put him, or sit on the bench and shut the fuck up.

The End.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,714
    :lol: you great where have you been?, everybody's so PC around here.

Pretty funny he shows up to talk shit right around th same time the red sox win a few games.
    Yeah, the sox are below .500, but that means nothing when its the yankees they are playing. A few games? Talk about throwing your career (history that is) down the toilet with a foolish, egocentric act worthy of a spoiled brat. I´m a red sox fan, but I appreciate guys like bernie williams (I had a pic taken with him at NAMM last jan), jeter, damn, even paul oneill. Posada was on that list for me. But who am I to judge, right?
    E-Rod ... :lol:

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    aaaaaaaaaaaaand Crawford gives it right back ...

7236163.jpg

• adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    Hell of a sweep put together this weekend. Finally got to .500. Hopefully the momentum carries over to the rest of the season.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    edit: damn jimed posted a better pic in the yankee thread

Woo-hoo. Love seeing the Yankees implode.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    This rift in the Yankee clubhouse is fantastic. I hope this carries over thru the whole season on their way to 3rd place.

I also wanna say how much I love David Ortiz. He's the best. And I'm so glad we now have Adrian Gonzalez instead of ending up with that jerkoff Texeira. I was still thinking the Red Sox botched the whole Tex thing a few years back until I saw Adrian's swing in Fenway. He's the real deal.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    This rift in the Yankee clubhouse is fantastic. I hope this carries over thru the whole season on their way to 3rd place.

??? rift in the clubhouse, if this happen when the Yankees were in first place this would even be a story.
    Come back from a 6-0 deficit ... A-Gon with the walk off wall ball double ...

Tied for 2nd with the Blue Jays ... oh, and Yankees ... hi boys!!!

That must have been a fun game to go to tonight

SURGING!
    Dice-K (yeah right!) on DL. Somehow, I´m ok with that. Why is this? :lol: :lolno: The rotation does not look good.
  • Brain of mJBrain of mJ Posts: 786
    Momentum is building off the Yankees sweep and the comeback last night. Don't think the Rays can keep the pace, and the Yanks will not get it together until it's too late. Feeling pretty good right now.
    Uh oh. A win tonight and a Yankee loss means it's 3rd place for the Bombers. I hope they get comfortable because that's their spot for the next 4 months.

Aceves and Wake taking the spots of Lack Job and Dice. I'm cool with that. It couldn't get much worse for our 4 and 5 spots anyways. Also, give a start to Bowden. Seems like just yesterday he was a touted prospect and now he's a career minor-leaguer.
    Just like you guys would be just fine in the beginning of the year, the yankees will be just fine. As it is always said in the phillies thread, dont start sucking each other just yet.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Just like you guys would be just fine in the beginning of the year, the yankees will be just fine. As it is always said in the phillies thread, dont start sucking each other just yet.
    Deep down I know they'll be fine. But I gotta give the company line when talking shit about the Yankees.

Which reminds me, I'm getting tired of bashing the old guard of Jeter, George and Alex. That's why I'm glad the Yanks have a new crop of guys who are easy to hate. Brett Gardner, Russell Martin, and Swisher. Dammit I hate Swisher so much.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Deep down I know they'll be fine. But I gotta give the company line when talking shit about the Yankees.

Which reminds me, I'm getting tired of bashing the old guard of Jeter, George and Alex. That's why I'm glad the Yanks have a new crop of guys who are easy to hate. Brett Gardner, Russell Martin, and Swisher. Dammit I hate Swisher so much.

Swisher I can see, and I guess Martin, but what's easy to hate about Gardner? Just that he's on the Yanks? Thats my rationale for your entire team.
    On Brett Gardner...To paraphrase the Chief of Police of Malibu (a real reactionary, i might add): I don't like his jerkoff name, I don't like his jerkoff face.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Thats my rationale for your entire team.
    Absolutely Cliff. I expect nothing less. That's what made this rivalry what it is today. We hate each others teams. That's the way it should be. Even if Ortiz and Cano are buddy-buddy before games together. The fraternization among the players hasn't changed the fact that the fans still hate each other with a passion.
    On Brett Gardner...To paraphrase the Chief of Police of Malibu (a real reactionary, i might add): I don't like his jerkoff name, I don't like his jerkoff face.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Thats my rationale for your entire team.
    Absolutely Cliff. I expect nothing less. That's what made this rivalry what it is today. We hate each others teams. That's the way it should be. Even if Ortiz and Cano are buddy-buddy before games together. The fraternization among the players hasn't changed the fact that the fans still hate each other with a passion.

haha, good stuff.

Agreed. These two teams don't hate each nearly as much as they did a few years ago, but I am sure all it will take to get that back is a couple Joba fastballs by Youks head.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    I don't think the rivalry will ever be like it was in the 70s.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Newch91 wrote:
    It got pretty heated in 03-04 if I remember correctly. Then again, I was drinking A LOT back then.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Newch91 wrote:
    It got pretty heated in 03-04 if I remember correctly. Then again, I was drinking A LOT back then.
    Yeah but the team literally hated each other in the 70s. I think 03-04 was some players hated each other.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful