Boston Red Sox

Comments

• adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    jimed14 wrote:
    Click over after the Bruins win ... Dice-K ... actually made it though 7 innings?

And pretty damn strong innings too ... 9 Ks, 3 BBs and only one hit?

Someone make him pee in a cup ... I don't believe it.
    Two very strong starts in a row from Dice-K? I'm not sure I believe it either.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    Four road wins in a row
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,521
    Four road wins in a row

see you in october :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Did they remove security from all bridges now in Boston ?

:D
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    Nice outing by Dice K that finished off a triple for the BEANTOWN teams...Friday..Celtics and the mighty BRUINS in OT.

Awesome!

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    It took basically the whole month of April for this team to look like a big league team. After the game this afternoon, the schedule looks favorable for the next few weeks:

@ Baltimore
    vs Seattle
    vs Anaheim
    vs Twins
    @ Blow Jays
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    5 scoreless for Lackey...amazing

It really is remarkable the turnaround in the starting pitching the last week.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488

... and Crawford with his first home run today.

Did I not tell you to relax?

That said, they are still a game under .500 :lol:
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    g under p wrote:
    Nice outing by Dice K that finished off a triple for the BEANTOWN teams...Friday..Celtics and the mighty BRUINS in OT.

Awesome!

Peace
    You've gotta love the way things are happening in the Sports world in Boston!!!! :clap::clap::clap:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Go Sox!
    jimed14 wrote:

... and Crawford with his first home run today.

Did I not tell you to relax?

That said, they are still a game under .500 :lol:
    You did. I get waaaayyy too worked up over this stuff. Looking forward to an outstanding homestand this weekend into next week. Let's clean up against the AL West.
    A little bump these last few, but, still ... 4 games out after 25 played.

Could have been a LOT worse.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • How 'bout that Jack Cust?
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
    Yeah, I'm a little concerned about DiceK's elbow. Hope he straightens this out. You could tell the frustration Tito and Tek had last night with his velocity and location on pitches. Plus it still seems to irk Tito that he can't converse directly with DiceK after 5 years.

It's gonna be an awesome night at the ballpark tonight. Perfect Spring evening for baseball.
  • force-10force-10 Posts: 794
    those angels fans must be pissed right about now.
    IN THE DARK, ALL CATS ARE BLACK.
    So I stayed up till 2:30 in the morning to watch DiceK blow it in the pouring rain. What a load of crap. On the upside, Carl Crawford is killing it right now.
    So glad I went out drinking after the Bruins win and didn't watch this hunk of crap game.

So Wake gets the start tonight against the Twin Cities due to DiceK pitching at 2AM in the driving rain the other night.

Finally we get a more offensively inept team than us! A four game sweep gets us over .500 Woo!
    Tito going nuts. That was funny.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,714
    Gotta just feel bad for Lackey, dudes gotta take a couple weeks away from baseball it seems. Hope he comes back just as horrible but that he is with his wife for the time being.
    Those blue jerseys are horrible. Guess they are not as bad as the red ones, just hate the concept of alternate jerseys
    The least of the Red Sox concerns.

jimed14 wrote:
    The least of the Red Sox concerns.

True, just saying.
    At work today, I wasn't really thinking much of this game, just got home, watched the last inning, there's a little tension in the air ... first time I've felt it all year ... finally.

And did I hear some small rumblings of "Yooooooooouk" on that sweet barehand play out of the Yankee crowd??? ;)

After alllllllllll those times Fat Joba has thrown at Youk, you fuckin' KNOW he loved every bit of that home run.

Everything I'd expect on May 13th.

Sox look good, some good offense, Buchholz looks great, and Papelbon giving up a fucking run in the 9th and making it close.

But, it's a win ... :D

Let's go BRUINS!

• Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,342
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Those blue jerseys are horrible. Guess they are not as bad as the red ones, just hate the concept of alternate jerseys

I just came on here to say the same thing. And I like blue.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I just came on here to say the same thing. And I like blue.

Alternate jerseys just blow. The Phillies day jerseys aren't bad but I hate when an old school team like the red sox has some bull shit alternate jersey, whats the point?
    Boom baby!