Boston Red Sox

Comments

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    it took 2 1/2 weeks ..but they overtook AJ in wins :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    The old Patriots Day tradition. 11AM start. Gotta love living in Boston!

BEANTOWN will always be a sports town, it's something about the city of Boston that CAN NOT be avoided.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Amazing that with the pathetic start to the Sox season, they're still only 5 out of first. Yanks haven't played that much better actually.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    Amazing that with the pathetic start to the Sox season, they're still only 5 out of first. Yanks haven't played that much better actually.

9-5 vs. 4-10 :?
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

You can confused all you want. We beat your ass last weekend and we'll do it time and again this season. 9-5 is not that good.

By the way, it's absolutely pathetic they can't clean up all the trash in the stadium. No, I'm not talking about the fans. I mean all those wrappers and shit flying around the stadium. That's a disgrace that they spent so much to built that gaudy stadium and can't keep the field clean. Then again, it wouldn't be New York if there wasn't shit and trash everywhere.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925

You can confused all you want. We beat your ass last weekend and we'll do it time and again this season. 9-5 is not that good.

By the way, it's absolutely pathetic they can't clean up all the trash in the stadium. No, I'm not talking about the fans. I mean all those wrappers and shit flying around the stadium. That's a disgrace that they spent so much to built that gaudy stadium and can't keep the field clean. Then again, it wouldn't be New York if there wasn't shit and trash everywhere.

DUDE ITS UNDER THE SEATS AND THE wind blows it on the field :lol:
    thats your concern?

9-5 could be better..you are right but its better than 4-10

Now, now there's trash in every major city and stadium it's not only in NYC. Have you ever been up to Canada, Toronto and what was Skydome (I don't know what they call it now) that place and city is spotless.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,668
    The old Patriots Day tradition. 11AM start. Gotta love living in Boston!
    The 11:05 AM start was designed so that folks could see the Sox game, then head into Kenmore Sq. and catch the lead runners heading for home in the Marathon around 2PM.

Today with Daisuke on the hill, folks will be able to leave Fenway after the game and see that one dude who is always shown crawling across the finish line live on the 6PM newscast heading thru Kenmore.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    thats your concern?
    It'll be your concern too when that neanderthal Brett Gardner slips on a hot dog wrapper and blows his ACL. Seriously, that guy looks like an extra from 2001: A Space Odyssey.
    thats your concern?
    It'll be your concern too when that neanderthal Brett Gardner slips on a hot dog wrapper and blows his ACL. Seriously, that guy looks like an extra from 2001: A Space Odyssey.

oh lord... someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed

if that happens it would suck ...but nothing i can do about it

the few trips i make to the stadium every year ..i sit in a suite so the trash isn't a factor in my stadium life
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,519
    forget the trash, the bigger is still all the empty seats in yankee stadium. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    :lol: It's all in good fun kid. Yeah, maybe I care a little too much about this stuff (Sox/Yanks), but it's all I've ever known. I live for baseball season and I gotta talk shit somehow.
    forget the trash, the bigger is still all the empty seats in yankee stadium. :lol:

they priced the real fans out...cant have a normal family of 4 pay 10,000 for good seats

just won't happen

all the decent priced seats are taken but those field levels are way too much money for the normal fan
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,519

they priced the real fans out...cant have a normal family of 4 pay 10,000 for good seats

just won't happen

all the decent priced seats are taken but those field levels are way too much money for the normal fan

been aware of all this for the last two years.

just looks like shit. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    By the way, JD Drew is batting leadoff today. He's 9-20 career against Ricky Romero.

PS I've always thought Ricky Romero was a cool name. 90 minutes to first pitch.
    By the way, JD Drew is batting leadoff today. He's 9-20 career against Ricky Romero.

Ceasar's son?

810976-cesarromero_super.jpg

Say this game by chance televised nationally down here in South Florida is it? I'm off today from everything and I have some time on my hands.

Peace

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,714

Yanks are playing at a .643 winning percentage. If they were to keep that up all year, which they won't, they would win 104 games. While they haven't rattled off many wins in a row, I will take that all day.
    g under p wrote:
    Say this game by chance televised nationally down here in South Florida is it? I'm off today from everything and I have some time on my hands.
    Not sure about tv, but check out:

WWCN 770AM Ft. Myers
    Seaview 960 AM Palm Beach Garden

They might be carrying the game on these stations down in FLA for radio.

No NESN down in sunny Florida, g under p? I woulda thought a big Boston sports fan like yourself would have splurged for the package, no?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yanks are playing at a .643 winning percentage. If they were to keep that up all year, which they won't, they would win 104 games. While they haven't rattled off many wins in a row, I will take that all day.
    No doubt Cliffy. Im not naive enough to think the Yanks aren't the team to beat. I've just watched about 6 of their games this season and they haven't looked incredibly impressive. Certainly the key to the Yanks success this year will depend on guys like Garcia, Hughes, etc. winning games, though I'd be a little concerned at this point that CC has pitched as well as he has and not had a decision. Wild game last night in the Bronx.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,714
    No doubt Cliffy. Im not naive enough to think the Yanks aren't the team to beat. I've just watched about 6 of their games this season and they haven't looked incredibly impressive. Certainly the key to the Yanks success this year will depend on guys like Garcia, Hughes, etc. winning games, though I'd be a little concerned at this point that CC has pitched as well as he has and not had a decision. Wild game last night in the Bronx.

Yeah, they don't look outstanding in their games but they are finding ways to win. No doubt about the pitching, but I am sure they will make a move. Last night was a good game and good time. I had to take off when it was tied to catch my train but great game.

I have no doubt Boston will be fine, they just dug themselves a pretty big hole. They will be alright, even though it will take some time for their record tolook respectable.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Days like today I miss being in Boston ... happy Patriots Day!

Nothing like an 8 am start time.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    Baby steps. DiceK has 6 scoreless innings going.

edit: AMAZING Just goes to show how dominating DiceK can be when he lives on the corners of the plate.
    edited April 2011
    Must suck to be Marco Scutaro right about now.
    Post edited by Poncier on
  • Release MeRelease Me Posts: 337
    I read a handful of articles this past week saying the Sox should just cut ties with DiceK, then he throws 7 innings of one hit ball...wonder if this settles people down at all..
  • Release Me wrote:
    I read a handful of articles this past week saying the Sox should just cut ties with DiceK, then he throws 7 innings of one hit ball...wonder if this settles people down at all..
    That depends on his next outing. If he pitched every game like his job was on the line he'd stellar every time he took the mound.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
    Release Me wrote:
    That depends on his next outing. If he pitched every game like his job was on the line he'd stellar every time he took the mound.

3 game winning streak and look who shows up.....
    Release Me wrote:

You are talking and you didn't even know about the Laker threads. ;) Please, Gimmie a break. :D

Peace

• Release Me wrote:

piss off. i work my ass off 6 days a week, i get happy that theyre winning and come post about it. get over yourself buddy. :roll:
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
    Release Me wrote:

piss off. i work my ass off 6 days a week, i get happy that theyre winning and come post about it. get over yourself buddy. :roll:

im sure you do like the rest of us..you have entered the real world my good man

exactly winning ..come post
    losing ...not in the posting mood :lol::lol::lol: