Boston Red Sox

Comments

• FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    So what's the plan jimed? You got tickets for tonight? I'll be up late watching our boys tonight on the left coast.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    omar infante wasnt working out for me so i added jeb lowrie to my fantasy team...will he play everyday at short?
    Davidtrios wrote:
    omar infante wasnt working out for me so i added jeb lowrie to my fantasy team...will he play everyday at short?
    Looks like it Dave. He's straight killing it right now. It'll be hard for Tito to keep him out of the lineup for the foreseeable future. Sure he may cool off and Scuts may take his spot back in the long-run, but for the time being, you got yourself a stud fill-in guy. I believe he has options too at SS, 2B and 3B, which makes him even more attractive in fantasy.

BTW Thanks again for Jenks
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    So what's the plan jimed? You got tickets for tonight? I'll be up late watching our boys tonight on the left coast.

Indeed, I'll be in the dump tonight, man I hate this fucking stadium and I hate the Sox are always out here in April.

Hopefully by game's end, Lackey will narrow the near 2 touchdown gap between his and Brett Anderson's ERA.

BOS: J. Lackey (1-1, 15.58)
    OAK: B. Anderson (0-1, 2.29)

Still debating leaving work tomorrow for the nooner as well.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    Davidtrios wrote:
    Looks like it Dave. He's straight killing it right now. It'll be hard for Tito to keep him out of the lineup for the foreseeable future. Sure he may cool off and Scuts may take his spot back in the long-run, but for the time being, you got yourself a stud fill-in guy. I believe he has options too at SS, 2B and 3B, which makes him even more attractive in fantasy.

BTW Thanks again for Jenks

you're welcome- has he given up any runs yet ?(i doubt it)
    Warning: Watching John Lackey in person may cause nausea, vomiting and result in being taunted by unruly A's fans.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    jimed14 wrote:
    Warning: Watching John Lackey in person may cause nausea, vomiting and result in being taunted by unruly A's fans.

of course, I don't think Lackey has allowed a base runner since I posted this.

Anderson is dealin' for the A's ... almost all K's and groundballs ... Sox look mystified at the plate.

The one thing A's and Sox fans can come together on ... watching highlights of the Yankees choking one away. :lol: Harmony in the stands, if only for a few minutes.

Lackey's starting to become Lackey again, won't be long before A's fans are taunting us again, sadly.

I'm quite confident I could steal a base of Saltalamacchia.

• JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    We are seeing the Angels / Redsox on Sunday! First game of the season.
    Well, had a feeling they'd get beat down ... just thought it would be Lackey taking the beating.

Time to go watch the end of the Sharks Kings game, looks like it's been a crazy one ...

• WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Next road game the Sox win will be their first. Hope it happens tomorrow.
    hey Wilds .... hope you're enjoying the game, Sox are up! Can't go wrong with $2 Wednesdays!

They were facing a tough lefty in Gio today, the only Oakland A I actually like.

Sadly, I was forced to help save the state some money (in other words, budget meetings). :(

Road win baby!!!!!!
  • brother123brother123 Posts: 792

exactly winning ..come post
    losing ...not in the posting mood :lol::lol::lol:

Why the hell do you care what and when people post?

When they win, fans want to rejoice with other fans. Just the opposite when they lose. Just like your Rangers, I don't see you posting a lot being down 3-1
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    brother123 wrote:

When they win, fans want to rejoice with other fans. Just the opposite when they lose. Just like your Rangers, I don't see you posting a lot being down 3-1

The same goes for his liking of of Laker fandom, oh check that he'll be posting in the Lakers thread since I believe they won last night. :D

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    brother123 wrote:

you're here 5 x per year...what clue do u have....

if you were here you would know i have this joke going for 8 years
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Road win baby!!!!!!

woooooooooooooo hoooooooooooooooooo
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    tumblr_lhzclhZcgH1qz82gvo1_500.jpg
    if you were here you would know i have this joke going for 8 years
    Congrats I guess. :? Now back you go to the Memorial Day countdown thread. :D
    Lil' Joshy goes for win #3 in LA or Anaheim or wherever that team plays.

Just a side note they said on the NESN broadcast: Bobby Abreu leads MLB in walks :?
    Lil' Joshy goes for win #3 in LA or Anaheim or wherever that team plays.

Just a side note they said on the NESN broadcast: Bobby Abreu leads MLB in walks :?

It is indeed in Anaheim ... down the street form the "Duck Pond" (Arrowhead arena, where the Ducks play ... actually, I think it's the Honda center now .... whatever).

Actually, the Angels have a pretty nice stadium once you're inside.

• pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    I'm heading out to Fenway and Boston for the Cubs series next month. Any recommendations of Fenway bars to hit up or other things to check out in Boston? Can't wait to see Fenway!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
    Youk leaves the game hurt (leg) and Pedroia cranks his ankle sliding into second (he was off the bag and out by the way) ... ugh, flash backs to last year.

• PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    jimed14 wrote:
    Youk leaves the game hurt (leg) and Pedroia cranks his ankle sliding into second (he was off the bag and out by the way) ... ugh, flash backs to last year.
    This "CAN'T" happen again.. :shock: :roll:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • I was just thinking aloud how well Beckett has looked in the two times I've seen him on TV and then Hunter takes him deep.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    Nice pitching matchup tonight with Lester v Haren.
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Me and my boy will be at Angels stadium Saturday. Hope Dice K can duplicate his last outing.

Any of you guys going to the game?
    Three road wins in a row.
    Click over after the Bruins win ... Dice-K ... actually made it though 7 innings?

And pretty damn strong innings too ... 9 Ks, 3 BBs and only one hit?

Someone make him pee in a cup ... I don't believe it.