Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    pedro to the sox rumors are everywhere.

that would be the ultimate panic move IMO
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,714
    The Fixer wrote:
    pedro to the sox rumors are everywhere.

that would be the ultimate panic move IMO

Where are these? I don't see anything on MLBTR. That would be pretty hilarious.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,519
    81 wrote:

aww, man....that picture was from way back in the day when he was a dominating beast of a pitcher. loved watching him pitch back then
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:

aww, man....that picture was from way back in the day when he was a dominating beast of a pitcher. loved watching him pitch back then

no doubt he was one of my favorite pitchers to watch. so skinny yet so dominant
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,796
    Pedro might make a fine set up man or even a closer-with a 12-20 pitch limit

But no way that dude can start-he gets injured stepping out of his car.

And I wouldn't be against bringing him back on a sentimental basis so he can retire in a red sox jersey
    Same with Manny despite his shortcomings as a human being.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Why can't we play the Yankees every day ... sigh.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Solid pitching performance spoiled by this pathetic offense. Ellsbury sucks. Crawford is still swinging at garbage. Can we see more Jed? If he's healthy, he's better than Scutaro. But it's really starting to build up now at 2-9. Gammons said 90 wins max in the post-game show. I think I'm gonna be sick.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    :lol:

at this rate it seems you will get up for 18 games this year
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    jimed14 wrote:
    Why can't we play the Yankees every day ... sigh.
    I've been on a break from here...

Do you think the Sox get up for those Yankees? Yankee fans down here in S Florida are having a ball on the the Red Sox demise so far. :D I laugh at that in that it's early but I'm a bit worried but after 2004 and the *comeback* this ship has the probablity of coming back with some strong tail winds. I'd rather have a slow start then finish strong one than fast start weak finish.....never ever liked being teased. :D

Like I told a friend back in the 2004 Yankee series when I had nothing else to say down 0-3...
    It aint over TILL it's over.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Tonight's game rained out. And they're skipping Lackey in the rotation. At least we know we can't lose tonight.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    aj burnett has more wins than your whole team
    CRICKETS....

found this on page 4 :mrgreen:
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Sox didn't lose last night. Good work boys.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    Sox didn't lose last night. Good work boys.

Why thanks, are you becoming a fan?.....the Sox could use all the converts they can get. :D

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Done deal with Adrian.

7 for 154
    Done deal with Adrian.

7 for 154

i bet he is really happy :mrgreen:

besides the money
  • Done deal with Adrian.

7 for 154
    what does this bring their payroll to?
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
    Done deal with Adrian.

7 for 154
    what does this bring their payroll to?

Don't think this impacts their payroll this year. he was already under contract for this.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,957
    That's why they did it - so it wouldn't affect the luxury tax.

Yeah, I am sure its been in place since he was traded. I bet the $6 mil signing bonus goes towards this years payroll though, no?
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,957
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, I am sure its been in place since he was traded. I bet the $6 mil signing bonus goes towards this years payroll though, no?

Probably, but that stuff doesn't affect the payroll as MLB sees it for luxury tax purposes right? I think I read that the way MLB determines a payroll from a luxury tax standpoint, or anything like that isn't by allotting the money however the teams break it up, but by taking the total amount of their contract and just dividing by the length of years. I think.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Probably, but that stuff doesn't affect the payroll as MLB sees it for luxury tax purposes right? I think I read that the way MLB determines a payroll from a luxury tax standpoint, or anything like that isn't by allotting the money however the teams break it up, but by taking the total amount of their contract and just dividing by the length of years. I think.

Ahh, yeah, you're right. That makes sense. since his contract kicks in next year, it doesn't matter for this year . Good call.
    Yeah, pretty sure JP's got it right. Pretty smart if you ask me. They were just talking on EEI about locking up guys to smaller contracts (Buchholz, Lester, Youk, Pedroia). Though Adrian is the exception to this rule, I still think Theo does a fantastic job with this club. It pains me to say it, but they blew it a few years ago by not getting Texeira. This makes up for it. People will say shit about the big payroll, but the bottom line is that without drafting well and developing players well, we wouldn't have had the opportunity to even get Adrian this offseason.
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,659
    hey tito

my kids are stahvin'

99.png
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    great 7th inning for the Jays

just sayin'
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    I was yelling at the screen most of the game. Fun times. Crawford is disgusting.
    2 game winning streak!!!!!!! Woo-hoo!!!!!!
    The old Patriots Day tradition. 11AM start. Gotta love living in Boston!