Boston Red Sox

Comments

• KravenKraven Posts: 829
    Well hello offense!

Is it 2007 again? Papelbon looked nasty! That splitter to Jeter was filthy.

Only bad thing today was Lackey, and they overcame that. Go get another one tomorrow guys!
    32 shows and counting...
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Been in budget meetings most of the day ... but judging by the amount of UGHs and whines I'm reading from a certain side of rivalry, can I take it the Sox are now 1-6?

:lolno:
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    Kraven wrote:
    Is it 2007 again? Papelbon looked nasty! That splitter to Jeter was filthy.

I'm still betting more than 50% of the 2011 saves go to someone other than Paps this year.

just a hunch.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,796
    a win over the yanks is always satisfying
    season is young
    plenty of baseball left
    not worried until mid august
    trying to break someone's hand?? dude please

Catching up on my neilybabes banter ... I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about as I missed the game ... but, from the box score, I assume you're all bent out of shape that Lackey hit A-rod?

Speaking of trying to break something ... curious as to your take on Swisher breaking Nishioka's leg on the hard slide vs Minnestoa the other day ... and before you say "just a good hard baseball play" ... let's watch ...

imager.php?id=2297140&t=o GIFSoup

Didn't see one mention of this in the Yankees thread.

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,714
    I don't know jimed, everyone involved in the play didn't have a problem with it. His hand was on the bag when he slid into him. I think that's part of the game. I didn't see the lackey pitch, was listening on the radio and they didn't have a problem so I won't comment aside from the fact arod an jeter get hit by Boston a lot.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    jimed14 wrote:

Catching up on my neilybabes banter ... I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about as I missed the game ... but, from the box score, I assume you're all bent out of shape that Lackey hit A-rod?

Speaking of trying to break something ... curious as to your take on Swisher breaking Nishioka's leg on the hard slide vs Minnestoa the other day ... and before you say "just a good hard baseball play" ... let's watch ...

clean he was on the bag..
    you're missing the point

a ball gets away every single game at fenway and hits jeter or arod...you know it, i know it

i think someone needs one high and tight
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    clean he was on the bag..
    you're missing the point

a ball gets away every single game at fenway and hits jeter or arod...you know it, i know it

i think someone needs one high and tight

Swisher - I'm gonna give it 60% clean and 40% "dude really?" ... I don't think Swisher tried to hurt him, but somewhere, John Kreese is showing Johnny Lawrence this tape as an instructional video on how to sweep the leg. the extra leg kick was a bit excessive.

Hit By Pitch - I'm someone will whiz one by Youkilis' head at some point, he's a popular target for the Yanks just as much as Jeter is for the Sox.

• WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    jimed14 wrote:

wow. I've got no problem with the play. But to hear a Yankee fan whine about another team doing dirty shit. wow.
    Oh God, the Fox intro to today's game makes me want to vomit.

IT ... IS ... APRIL ... 9th!

Can we not have all the hype of a playoff game? oy.

back to reality

crickets...... :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Double whammy of awful bradcasting this weekend.

Fox yesterday, ESPN tonight. ugh.

Let's hope for something a little better than 1 - 17 with RISP tonight.

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,519
    jimed14 wrote:
    Double whammy of awful bradcasting this weekend.

Fox yesterday, ESPN tonight. ugh.

at least it's not joe morgan.
    www.myspace.com
    Could feel the enormous exhale from that crowd with Scuturo's double.

Don't worry, you're asses will all pucker back up when Papelbon walks the first batter in the 9th.

• WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Nice win tonight. Nice to see Beckett looking like his 'old/young' self.

Oh and C.C. trying to break AGone's hand..... lol. (even typing that as a joke sounds stupid). :lol::lol::lol:
  • KravenKraven Posts: 829
    jimed14 wrote:
    Don't worry, you're asses will all pucker back up when Papelbon walks the first batter in the 9th.

Which he managed not to do! Woohoo. That last pitch was way outside though, I think that ump just wanted to go home.
    32 shows and counting...
    Kraven wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

Which he managed not to do! Woohoo. That last pitch was way outside though, I think that ump just wanted to go home.

No doubt, Gordon Edes posted on his twitter that the pitch was outside by like 3-4 inches per the MLB's Qwest cameras, or whatever they use to judge umps.

I hope Fenway Faithful has come down off the ledge after taking 2 of 3 from the Yanks .... let's hope they can do the same, if not better, from the struggling Rays.

• FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    jimed14 wrote:
    I hope Fenway Faithful has come down off the ledge after taking 2 of 3 from the Yanks .... let's hope they can do the same, if not better, from the struggling Rays.
    I'm better yes. Thank you for asking. Went down to the cape for some golf this weekend, so I hadn't had a chance to chime in. Great effort by lil Joshy last night. I think we're gonna turn this ship around by sweeping the team formerly and briefly known as the Manny Rays.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    bravo :lol: 15 runs to the rays
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876

16 get it right !

8-)
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers

16 get it right !

8-)

even better
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,342

Like you say, crickets...
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16

dude its been like this for years...

bad games..nowhere to be found
    good games...all over the thread
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    still better than the blackhawk and captial thread
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

Some of us have other things to do during the day than monitor the AET. Dice K was pathetic last night. Lester will rebound tonight and get us back on track.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    81 wrote:
    still better than the blackhawk and captial thread
    Anything's better than hockey.

Some of us have other things to do during the day than monitor the AET. Dice K was pathetic last night. Lester will rebound tonight and get us back on track.

ALL IM SAYING IS YOU GUYS SEE TO MONITOR IT FINE after wins :lol:
    Wake should get Dice's next start. Send him to the minors, put him on the DL, whatever. Just get him fixed. Believe it or not, I still have hope for DiceK. And I think Wake can win some games and get guys out in the short-term.
    Wake should get Dice's next start. Send him to the minors, put him on the DL, whatever. Just get him fixed. Believe it or not, I still have hope for DiceK. And I think Wake can win some games and get guys out in the short-term.

he did come in and pitch well last night .....
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    is Wakefield still pitching?

knuckleballers last forever

i still remember the annoucers debating if leland should pull him after a couple of innings back in the 92 playoffs in game 5(?) when the pirates had a big leage on atlanta in said game vs. going with drabeck who hadn't had a ton of success vs. atlanta. we all know how that series ended.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg