Boston Red Sox

Comments

• I love it that the Yankees fan is taking the time to update the Sox thread.

We got our guy. F Jason Werth. On to Crawford.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Theo at Pearl Jam earlier this year.
    BDD_TE_pearljam2-480x345.jpg
    Does Brian Cashman like Pearl Jam? Seems like more of a Creed fan to me.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,712
    I love it that the Yankees fan is taking the time to update the Sox thread.

I don't see Crawford after today. He's going to be a lot. Never know though but I doubt it.

Definitely a good pick up for you guys.

Now I am reading the blue jays are going to go hard after greinke. AL east is brutal.
  • that pic of Theo is funny. Is one eye shut?

I've been wanting AGON for the past 2 plus years. But I hope his shoulder is healthy and hope we get 2 more bats and sure up the bullpen. How bout we dump Scutero and get Hanley and then get Crawford?
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,511
    that pic of Theo is funny. Is one eye shut?

I've been wanting AGON for the past 2 plus years. But I hope his shoulder is healthy and hope we get 2 more bats and sure up the bullpen. How bout we dump Scutero and get Hanley and then get Crawford?

agon is an awful nickname. do people actually call him that?
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,955
    that pic of Theo is funny. Is one eye shut?

agon is an awful nickname. do people actually call him that?

Just as bad as J-Roll.
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    The Boston Red Sox will sign free-agent outfielder Carl Crawford to a seven-year, $142 million contract, according to multiple reports.

The Boston Globe first reported the deal Thursday night.

Crawford was considered the top position player on the free-agency market this winter.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/mlb/ne ... id=5901372
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    damn boston just damn

first agone and now crawford

:thumbup:
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Theo at Pearl Jam earlier this year.
    BDD_TE_pearljam2-480x345.jpg
    Does Brian Cashman like Pearl Jam? Seems like more of a Creed fan to me.
    Don't know why I'm posting in a Red Sox thread. I see Cashman as a Beatles fan.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,181
    I love it that the Yankees fan is taking the time to update the Sox thread.

Now the big signings are somewhat out of the way, are spring training tickets up for sale yet? Fort Meyers is only 2 hours away from here, I have be there on opening day for Spring Training.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Hell of a signing. My only hope is that the lineup is too lefty heavy and hopefully the Yanks will have 3 lefty starters.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,915
    Evil Empire II.

I used to like the sox.....not so much, anymore. :|
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    Evil Empire II.

I used to like the sox.....not so much, anymore. :|

this line up is flat out scary.
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Looks like you guys got a-gon. Been saying he's going to be on the red sox for years.

I'll take Tex anyday

Really? I thought you were a rational baseball fan Cliffy. That guy put up monster numbers in Yellowstone Park. Tex slumps 3 months a year, at least.

So, I was gonna say "so much for run prevention" before I realized that Gonzalez & Crawford are also excellent defensive players. Ouch.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Looks like you guys got a-gon. Been saying he's going to be on the red sox for years.

I'll take Tex anyday

Really? I thought you were a rational baseball fan Cliffy. That guy put up monster numbers in Yellowstone Park. Tex slumps 3 months a year, at least.

So, I was gonna say "so much for run prevention" before I realized that Gonzalez & Crawford are also excellent defensive players. Ouch.

I am a huge Tex fan. We will see, definitely a great trade.

Crawfords defense is going to be wasted in LF of Fenway, still a good pickup.

The back end of all of these contracts are going to be pretty ugly, and that includes whatever the Yanks give Lee.
  • Woo-hoo!!!!!!!!! How do you like them apples Cliffy? Carl Fn Crawford! We're gunning for you guys this year! Nervous yet?
    Red Sox fans should not say "Yankees buy championships" now.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • 1. Carl Crawford
    2. Dustin Pedroia
    3. Adrian Gonzalez
    4. David Ortiz
    5. Kevin Youkilis
    6. JD Drew
    7. Marco Scuturo
    8. Jarrod Saltalamacchia
    9. Jacoby Ellsbury
    Woo-hoo!!!!!!!!! How do you like them apples Cliffy? Carl Fn Crawford! We're gunning for you guys this year! Nervous yet?

As I said its big. Boston has made a splash. I said on the last page, i just hope the lineup is to lefty heavy and the Yanks have 3 lefties to counter.

Good lineup though, at least 1-7.
    1. Carl Crawford
    2. Dustin Pedroia
    3. Adrian Gonzalez
    4. David Ortiz
    5. Kevin Youkilis
    6. JD Drew
    7. Marco Scuturo
    8. Jarrod Saltalamacchia
    9. Jacoby Ellsbury

Crawford shoudl lead off but will bat second.

My guess

Ellsbury
    Crawrford
    Pedroia
    Gonzalez
    Youklis
    Ortiz
    Drew
    Scuturo
    Salta...
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Woo-hoo!!!!!!!!! How do you like them apples Cliffy? Carl Fn Crawford! We're gunning for you guys this year! Nervous yet?

As I said its big. Boston has made a splash. I said on the last page, i just hope the lineup is to lefty heavy and the Yanks have 3 lefties to counter.

Good lineup though, at least 1-7.
    :roll: :lol:

stupid dh.... :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    1. Carl Crawford
    2. Dustin Pedroia
    3. Adrian Gonzalez
    4. David Ortiz
    5. Kevin Youkilis
    6. JD Drew
    7. Marco Scuturo
    8. Jarrod Saltalamacchia
    9. Jacoby Ellsbury

My guess

Ellsbury
    Crawrford
    Pedroia
    Gonzalez
    Youklis
    Ortiz
    Drew
    Scuturo
    Salta...
    I don't see any way they leave ellsbury in leadoff spot, push pedroia back to third and bat gonzalez fourth. Batting ninth Ellsburg will essentially be a second leadoff batter.

Crawford
    Pedroia
    Gonzalez
    Youk
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    1. Carl Crawford
    2. Dustin Pedroia
    3. Adrian Gonzalez
    4. David Ortiz
    5. Kevin Youkilis
    6. JD Drew
    7. Marco Scuturo
    8. Jarrod Saltalamacchia
    9. Jacoby Ellsbury

My guess

Ellsbury
    Crawrford
    Pedroia
    Gonzalez
    Youklis
    Ortiz
    Drew
    Scuturo
    Salta...
    I don't see any way they leave ellsbury in leadoff spot, push pedroia back to third and bat gonzalez fourth. Batting ninth Ellsburg will essentially be a second leadoff batter.

Crawford
    Pedroia
    Gonzalez
    Youk

No? Hasn't Crawford hit 2nd pretty much his whole career though. I would imagine they keep him where he's comfortable.
  • Could be I suppose...I'm so damn happy right now though it really doesn't matter though

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158

Bring It Fenway!!! can't wait for April. :twisted:

Bring It Fenway!!! can't wait for April. :twisted:
    The EVCT thread might get heated up now.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

My guess

Ellsbury
    Crawrford
    Pedroia
    Gonzalez
    Youklis
    Ortiz
    Drew
    Scuturo
    Salta...

Crawford
    Pedroia
    Gonzalez
    Youk

No? Hasn't Crawford hit 2nd pretty much his whole career though. I would imagine they keep him where he's comfortable.
    I remember hearing that Crawford doesn't like to bat leadoff.
  • for $142 million he better play whiffle ball if they ask him to though

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,955
    All I know is I can't wait to read Bill Simmons' article about Caaahhhuuul Crahhhhhfud. :roll:
    My how things change...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/spring200 ... id=3916048

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... nditures/1

This will hopefully change over the next 24 hours or so though.