Boston Red Sox

Comments

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,181
    ALL I can remember when a friend asked me what's up with the Sox (down 3-0 to the Yanks 2004)? The only thing I could think was It Ain't Over TILL it's Over :D ..and the rest is history.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

If I'm EVER in a bad mood all I have to do is watch this. :D4 Days In October

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• I missed it cuz I had class, but yeah, I could go on for hours about what 04 meant for my dad and me. I was sobbing like a baby for a week.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • I caught this in the middle but it's really well-done. I'm not a Red Sox fan but I was there for the final two games of the ALCS (wasn't throwing any bottle in Game Six) and even if it happened against the Yankees, you can definitely appreciate witnessing a significant moment in baseball history.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    I missed it cuz I had class, but yeah, I could go on for hours about what 04 meant for my dad and me. I was sobbing like a baby for a week.

When they won against the Yankees I screamed so loud as if I had just chopped off some fingers. Then I started doing some James Brown funky chicken dances. Basically I went NUTS! When i saw that friend who asked about the Sox, I got cocky and told him the Sox in 4 in the WS, they are that confident, hell I was that confident.

It turned out to be true. :D Oh here are my dances... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zdz88MBWomo

Peace :lol:

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    i was gonna stay outta here but i as a yankees fan will venture in

guys the 2010 playoffs start tonight :lol:

enjoy your memories..while we create new ones :lol::lol:

excuse me gotta go talk about the current playoffs :wave:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    g under p wrote:
    My heavens I'm enjoying ESPN's 30-30 Series 4 Days In October...Awesome Baby! :D

Peace

Great, GREAT show! I loved it!

I was on the edge of my chair just watching it and remembering what that felt like all over Boston. Wow.

And the next day is when I went out and got my Sox tattoo on my ankle! That's to remind me that no matter how bad things seem, it ain't over 'til it's over...

:D
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)

Yeah it's all good, because it's ALL memories you certainly want to forget.

Go on with you bad self and enjoy the current series. :D

m_96608313e6921779ba975517418a92b0.gif

Peace

g under p wrote:

Peace

830 pm tonight...might wanna give it a watch :wave:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    g under p wrote:

Peace

830 pm tonight...might wanna give it a watch :wave:

I'll try after the kids swim meet and football practice...GL

Peace

Liverpool Agrees to Sell Club To Red Sox Owners

I hope they can run the club as well as the Sox have been over the years.

Peace

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,712
    Looks like John Farrell is becoming the blue jays manager
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Congratulations Red Sox Fans!!! :lol:

david-ortiz.jpg

One More Year!!!
  • The captain's back!

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/mlb/news/story?id=5876068

So it's Cap-tek and Jarrod Saltalamacchia. I'm worried.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    Seriously fuckers? Mo? Theo must have been smoking something.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

:lol: no chance
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Nothing personal, Cliffy. Strictly business.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Nothing personal, Cliffy. Strictly business.

Well looks like the Yanks are trying to drive up the price of Crawford for Boston.

If the reports are correct, Mo left $21 million on the table from Boston. God bless Mariano Rivera.

Edit: The reports were not correct, the offer was the same as the Yanks, 2 years, $30 mil. Sounds like they were serious though, if he accepted they were going to non-tender Papelbum.
    Looks like you guys got a-gon. Been saying he's going to be on the red sox for years.

I'll take Tex anyday
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    The captain's back!

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/mlb/news/story?id=5876068

So it's Cap-tek and Jarrod Saltalamacchia. I'm worried.
    I'm extremely worried about the catching situation. The catching market was very thin this off season.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    Kinda sucks you guys didn't sign Tex, huh? Two trades and now a big contract later and they are still trying to make up for it.
  • adrian_gonzalez.jpg
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    always nice to get a proven star for prospects
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    81 wrote:
    always nice to get a proven star for prospects

Yup.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,511
    adrian_gonzalez.jpg

if you end up signing jw, that is gonna be one helluva lineup up there...
    www.myspace.com

How much better than last year do you think(when healthy)? How much better is Agon/Werth than Beltre/VMart? Obviously the AL East just got a whole lot tougher.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,511
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

How much better than last year do you think(when healthy)? How much better is Agon/Werth than Beltre/VMart? Obviously the AL East just got a whole lot tougher.

definite upgrade. gonzalez is gonna put up sick numbers in fenway and play gold glove defense.
    www.myspace.com
    Cheap fucks. Pay the guy. Gotta be disappointing for the players after how excited they were yesterday if this does not get worked out.
    How you guys feeling? Pretty horrible day, huh?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Cheap fuckers. Dude deserves Teixiera money so give it to him. You already lost out on one all star first baseman because of dollars.
    You guys got him. That would have been bad.