Boston Red Sox

Comments

• jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Can't believe these fuckers are holding on.

Yesterday was a bad loss ... that throw over to first to hold CARLOS PENA (?) close to the bag was a huge mistake.

But, they've still got my interest.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Alright, our season's boiling down to John Lackey tonight. I really hope this Drew fiasco doesn't kill the momentum we've slowly built up the last week or so. That being said, even if we lose tonight, we're not completely out of it yet. Keep hope alive.

Edit: most excruciating loss ever
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,712
    As much as it pains me to say it, I will obviously be rooting for you guys tonight.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,181
    NEED a win tonight to shake off yesterday's loss, I missed the game kinda glad I did.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Man, I really like baseball. Watching my 2 least favorite teams play with the worst broadcast in sports calling them game.
  • Saturday was a kick square in the McNuggets, and Sunday was Nelson coming by saying haw-haw. At least we know that Carl Crawford won't be doing that for Tampa much longer. I'd love for the Sox to make a move on him this winter and push DL-sbury back to Center.
  • :cry:
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • slip sliding away guys
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Terry-Francona-Flexing-Shirtless.jpg
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

HAHAHA you gotta Love Terry!!!
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:

thats disturbing
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • I'm so sad right now about this team. Everything tells me to give up, but somehow if the Yankees can sweep Tampa, and we win games, it's not over. I'm holding on to not only a sliver of hope, but a sliver of dignity as well.

By the way, the Francona pic is hilarious. Saw that shit on barstool a few days ago.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    I think the season ends at 1 PM eastern time next Sunday.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • I'm so sad right now about this team. Everything tells me to give up, but somehow if the Yankees can sweep Tampa, and we win games, it's not over. I'm holding on to not only a sliver of hope, but a sliver of dignity as well.

By the way, the Francona pic is hilarious. Saw that shit on barstool a few days ago.

barstool in the house

did you see the video of the pats rookie? :shock: :o
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    I've been absent from this thread for a while (mainly due to the fact that I mostly use my iPhone to surf the web, this board is inaccessible from the iPhone and I refuse to purchase the app just to use the message board) but I thought I'd jump back in. I was at the Tampa game last Saturday (the overthrown pickoff throw) and it was heartbreaking. You have to admire the fact that the guys haven't given up on the season even though it looks like all is lost. They have battled as best they could through all the injuries this year and there have been a LOT of injuries. My hat's off to all the guys who played hard and I'm looking forward to a healthy Sox roster in 2011.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    Sorry Fenway, Unlost, Youngster, looks like it's over this year.
    Sorry Fenway, Unlost, Youngster, looks like it's over this year.

I just posted on another music site it's all over for the Sox. I just better get ready for City Of Palms Park Fort Myers Florida and Opening Day. The last time I was there the Red Sox won it all in 2007. They could use all the help they can get and it will be a VERY INTERESTING off season for the Sox.

What are their urgent needs?

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• I'm very sad. I am. When I was a kid, my emotional health was based on how this team did on a day-to-day basis. I'm older and more mature now, but I'm still sad how this all turned out. But hope springs eternal and the healthy 2011 sox will be back with a vengeance.
    I'm very sad. I am. When I was a kid, my emotional health was based on how this team did on a day-to-day basis. I'm older and more mature now, but I'm still sad how this all turned out. But hope springs eternal and the healthy 2011 sox will be back with a vengeance.

Agreed, they will be back better then ever.

Peace

• rest easy boston :lol:
  • hellooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo anybody out there
  • man.. even if we don't make the playoffs i still wouldn't feel bad about it. with all the injuries we had it's a miracle we're gonna finish over .500.. just goes to show how valuable tito is.. and our farm system.

Youkilis
    Pedroia
    Ellsbury
    Cameron
    Beckett
    Martinez
    Matsuzaka
    Buchholz..

the list goes on and on.

here's to not giving in and April 1st, 2011! :)
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
    Here's something for you guys to look forward to

http://twitter.com/Buster_ESPN/status/25894587492
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:

Crawford's nice, but he's no Ryan Kalish. I won't be too upset if we can't land CC. That kid Kalish is gonna be the truth. By the way Cliffy, 2 years later and I'm still upset the Yankees swooped in and took Texeira from us.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Crawford's nice, but he's no Ryan Kalish. I won't be too upset if we can't land CC. That kid Kalish is gonna be the truth. By the way Cliffy, 2 years later and I'm still upset the Yankees swooped in and took Texeira from us.

i like Kalish's glove, but i'm not sold on his bat, yet. CC f'n awesome, be intresting if the Rays win it all this year and still let him get away.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

i like Kalish's glove, but i'm not sold on his bat, yet. CC f'n awesome, be intresting if the Rays win it all this year and still let him get away.

They said the other day they are going to shed $24 mil regardless. No shot he goes back.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I bet you guys end up with Crawford or Werth.

Haha, I am sure you are. Red Sox screwed that one up big time.
  • Cc is a goner

Texwas a great theft from the sox

G under p is hosting sox golf next week
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I bet you guys end up with Crawford or Werth.

Haha, I am sure you are. Red Sox screwed that one up big time.

Hope the sox waste money on werth

Garbage in the AL
    My heavens I'm enjoying ESPN's 30-30 Series 4 Days In October...Awesome Baby! :D

Peace