Boston Red Sox

Comments

• PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    Beckett has mild concussion after getting hit by a ball yesterday... Please don't let this be the beginning of things to come... Be Well Josh!!!

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,338
    81 wrote:
    Listen to the Sox on the radio!

cool list, is there any easy place to get that for all MLB teams?

MLB At-Bat App was $15 last year (I predict $20 this year). All games on radio, home & away feeds.

Still $15 :) (plus tax :!: )
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Jose Iglesias is impressive to say the least. Cannot wait for his time at Fenway to come. We could be looking at the 2nd coming of The Wizard Ozzie Smith.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    Looks like some real winners in that crowd...
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    :D I Can't wait till April
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,712
    Just read on Hardball Talk how bad Dice K has been getting lit up so far. Spring means nothing but you guys concerned?
  • KravenKraven Posts: 829
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Just read on Hardball Talk how bad Dice K has been getting lit up so far. Spring means nothing but you guys concerned?

You answered your own question, its just spring. And Dice is the 5th starter, if he gets 10-14 wins this year and gets into the 6th and 7th inning, ill have no problem if his ERA is a bit high, I mean not like 11.42 or whatever its at now, but like 4.25-4.75. I don't think the team is going to have a problem scoring runs, and if Dice K is up against other 5th starters, I certainly like his chances.
    32 shows and counting...
    Kraven wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

You answered your own question, its just spring. And Dice is the 5th starter, if he gets 10-14 wins this year and gets into the 6th and 7th inning, ill have no problem if his ERA is a bit high, I mean not like 11.42 or whatever its at now, but like 4.25-4.75. I don't think the team is going to have a problem scoring runs, and if Dice K is up against other 5th starters, I certainly like his chances.

Ahh, a $100 Million 5th starter yet until this year all Henry did was bitch about the Yankees spending.

I mean it's not like the guy has a great track record so 11.4 ERA has to be a little concerning.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Not too concerned.

It's spring. I don't know the break down of the three starts. But often, this early, guys go out and just throw. May throw 40 straight fastballs with no concern on the results. Or work on a pitch (which, I heard he is doing).

It's March 10th.

If he's reporting pain or velocity is down a few MPH come March 25 or so ... then I worry.

Cliffy, surprised you're trying to rile the natives up with March 10th stats ... you're usually a little above that ... ;)
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    jimed14 wrote:
    Not too concerned.

It's spring. I don't know the break down of the three starts. But often, this early, guys go out and just throw. May throw 40 straight fastballs with no concern on the results. Or work on a pitch (which, I heard he is doing).

It's March 10th.

If he's reporting pain or velocity is down a few MPH come March 25 or so ... then I worry.

Cliffy, surprised you're trying to rile the natives up with March 10th stats ... you're usually a little above that ... ;)

haha, I hear you. Just saw it on Hardball Talk and figured I would post it. Plus I have to make myself feel a little better since Colon is actually pitching well and making a case for the roster.

I wouldn't be too concerned after 3 games or whatever it is but hes going to have to get the velocity up from where they are saying it's at. That will happen with time.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Kraven wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

has dice-k ever pitched past the 5th inning? he's usually around 90 pitches thru 4.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,338
    The Fixer wrote:
    has dice-k ever pitched past the 5th inning? he's usually around 90 pitches thru 4.

Yeah, when he almost fucking no-hit the Phillies last year. :evil:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    The Fixer wrote:
    Kraven wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

He averaged about 6 innings per start last season, surprisingly enough. 25 starts and 153 inning. If he gets 6 and you go Wheeler/Jenks, Bard, Papelbon, I think they will be OK, especially if Papelbon decides to show why hes making 12 million a year.
    32 shows and counting...
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:
    Not too concerned.

It's March 10th.

haha, I hear you. Just saw it on Hardball Talk and figured I would post it. Plus I have to make myself feel a little better since Colon is actually pitching well and making a case for the roster.

I wouldn't be too concerned after 3 games or whatever it is but hes going to have to get the velocity up from where they are saying it's at. That will happen with time.

Colon was the EXACT name I was going to bring up ... looking as his spring stats, do you think he's going to strike out 12 per 9 IP this year? :lol:

He's more likely to eat 12 donuts per 9 IP.

Kraven wrote:
    He averaged about 6 innings per start last season, surprisingly enough. 25 starts and 153 inning. If he gets 6 and you go Wheeler/Jenks, Bard, Papelbon, I think they will be OK, especially if Papelbon decides to show why hes making 12 million a year.

Don't get me started on my Papelbon rants on March 10th, please.

The walks ... all those walks ... two straight years of too many fucking walks!!!!

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    jimed14 wrote:
    Colon was the EXACT name I was going to bring up ... looking as his spring stats, do you think he's going to strike out 12 per 9 IP this year? :lol:

He's more likely to eat 12 donuts per 9 IP.

I hope Colon has no strikes outs per 9 IP this year because I hope he doesn't throw one pitch for the Yankees. I am fine with Garcia and Nova to start the season, Colon, not so much.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:

Yeah, when he almost fucking no-hit the Phillies last year. :evil:

Ha. I conveniently erased that from my memory
    Not concerned about Dice K this spring. Kraven said it earlier perfectly about the role he plays on this staff. Dice has shown flashes of brilliance, and I think he has a better year than last. But who knows where this ship is headed without John Farrell over his shoulder.

And Colon's been a joke for 4 years now. Go with the young unproven kids.
  • Release MeRelease Me Posts: 337
    I know it's only spring training, but matsu-kaka's era is over 11??? yikes...
  • Best no. 5 in game. haha
    I live my life like an Ocean in disguise
    jimed14 wrote:
    Kraven wrote:

The walks ... all those walks ... two straight years of too many fucking walks!!!!

03.11: Jonathan Papelbon took a loss for the Red Sox on Friday after walking three and giving up three runs in one-third of an inning.

IT ... HAS ... BEGUN

jimed14 wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:
    Kraven wrote:

03.11: Jonathan Papelbon took a loss for the Red Sox on Friday after walking three and giving up three runs in one-third of an inning.

IT ... HAS ... BEGUN
    :lol: Bring on Dan Bard!
    Anybody for Red Sox-Yankees tonight?

Gonzalez and Crawford in the same lineup for the first time this spring, I am pretty psyched for the game.
    32 shows and counting...
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Kraven wrote:

Gonzalez and Crawford in the same lineup for the first time this spring, I am pretty psyched for the game.

Yanks aren't bringing the 'A' line up.

Will be fun with Aceves on the mound.
    Kraven wrote:

Where are you seeing tonight's lineup posted? Couldn't find it on any of my red sox sites.
    Wilds wrote:
    Yanks aren't bringing the 'A' line up.

Will be fun with Aceves on the mound.
    Yup, and two weeks ago when we played them they did have their A lineup...and we still won with Iglecias and Navarro providing the offense. That's right, I'm trash talking the Yankees re: spring training games.
    Kraven wrote:

Where are you seeing tonight's lineup posted? Couldn't find it on any of my red sox sites.

Francona mentioned it on Saturday I think.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/red-sox/ ... ees-monday

Right on the front of ESPN's Red Sox blog, although it is not my original source.

I think the Red Sox brought like all the rookies last year for the game against New York, Reddick, Nava, Anderson etc. Not surprised the Yankees aren't bringing A-Rod, Jeter,Teixeira and whoever else.
    32 shows and counting...
    You guys get to see Banuelos tonight since Mitre was scratched. Should be a lot of fun.