3b- youkilis
    1b- gonzalez
    dh- ortiz
    ss- lowrie
    rf- drew
    c- saltalamaccia
    cf- ellsbury

maybe?
    Swap Drew and Lowrie/Scutaro and I think that's probably right. I don't see Ellsbury leading off. It's good to have speed at the bottom of the order as well as the top.
    Post edited by adam42381 on
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    So jealous, Adam. Have a great time buddy.

Can't wait to get this thread going again after a crazy winter.

This story got me excited. Adrian's gonna be a special player in Boston.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/mlb/news/story?id=6104723
    I love everything I'm reading about Adrian. Can't wait to see him at full strength in a Sox uniform.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    Ellsbury
    Pedroia
    Crawford
    Gonzalez
    Youkilis
    Ortiz
    Salt
    Drew
    Scutaro

So many lefties, dunno how they'll break up Drew and Ortiz.

Season can't start soon enough. This team is gonna be special.
    32 shows and counting...
  • "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Calcaterra's quote of the day:

Gordon Edes spoke with Mike Cameron today down at Red Sox camp in Fort Myers. The question: “what does Carl Crawford bring to the team?"

Cameron: “Carl? Sheeee. Damn near 200 million dollars.”

:lol: If he brings nothing else to the table for the Sox in 2011, Cameron brings comedy to the clubhouse.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • :lol: If he brings nothing else to the table for the Sox in 2011, Cameron brings comedy to the clubhouse.

Does that guy walk with a cane? :P
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • :lol: If he brings nothing else to the table for the Sox in 2011, Cameron brings comedy to the clubhouse.

Does that guy walk with a cane? :P
    Luckily he's our 4th or even 5th outfielder. Unless Jacoby breaks more ribs. Then it's old man Cameron in center. Even then we still have enough to beat Philly in the WS.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Jose Iglesias Will Be 'Sensational' ...

Story Link Here

"That kid is gonna be sensational, I was so impressed with him. He works hard and he's such a good kid."

"His hands ... great hands. Really, really stood out for me. He's gonna be a good one. The Red Sox fans should be very excited to see this kid in the future."

The qutoes .... they're from ...

(wait for it ...)

--- Alex Rodriguez
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • :o

jimed's back! And right where we want him...on the Sox thread! Looking forward to hearing your in-depth analysis again this season my friend!
    :o

jimed's back! And right where we want him...on the Sox thread! Looking forward to hearing your in-depth analysis again this season my friend!

Ha, thanks man.

Yeah, took and extended break from the board with some personal shit late last year ... came back a few weeks ago (thanks to HeartShapedBox's very kind birthday thread). The PJ20 fest has me poking around more often as well.

Watched my first NESN spring training report last night, so, getting amped for the season. Via fantasy baseball I've always been a huge Crawford fan, and Adian Gonzalez' heritage has always had me wanting the Sox to acquire him (well that and his career ~1.000 OPS on the road!).

But I am indeed back ... back for another season of Papelbon bashing (good lord, that k/bb ratio is trending horrifically), of complaining that the Oakland Coliseum is the worst ballpark in the world (but, it is nice to get Sox tickets day of the game), and bashing any Sox fans that complain about how much the Yankees spend (seriously, if anyone complains from here on out, you get a beat down) .... it's a long season folks, buckle up.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • jimed14 wrote:
    and bashing any Sox fans that complain about how much the Yankees spend (seriously, if anyone complains from here on out, you get a beat down)
    :lol: Yup. It's not 1997 anymore. See this target on our backs? It's getting bigger every day.
  • KravenKraven Posts: 829
    I could watch Red Sox coverage all day. If NESN had it on, I would watch it. From the opening of the camp in the morning til everyone leaves. I would watch it. And then watch Tom Caron and Peter Gammons talk about for another 5 hours after that.

Seriously this season can't start soon enough. I have not been as excited for a season since 2004. I hope this season goes something like 2007 where the Sox went wire to wire in first place, none of this wild card, come back from behind nonsense.
    32 shows and counting...
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,658
    Kraven wrote:
    I could watch Red Sox coverage all day. If NESN had it on, I would watch it. From the opening of the camp in the morning til everyone leaves. I would watch it. And then watch Tom Caron and Peter Gammons talk about for another 5 hours after that.

Seriously this season can't start soon enough. I have not been as excited for a season since 2004. I hope this season goes something like 2007 where the Sox went wire to wire in first place, none of this wild card, come back from behind nonsense.

5 hours of tom caron, no

5 hours of heidi watney, yes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7EA1LmQogk
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• ed243421 wrote:

5 hours of heidi watney, yes

this
    Adrian Gonzalez, hitting from a tee, a week or so ahead of schedule. :)

Oh, as for the Cameron talk above ... rumor has it he was a key player in getting Crawford to sign with the Sox, so, I'm happy to eat his $7M ( :? ) contract if that's what it took.

The Boston Red Sox: Evil Empire 2 - Lansdowne Boogaloo!

• http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/22/j-d-drew-alligator-hunting-expertcrazy-person/

My buddy sent me this today with the subject of the email "JD Drew: Not as much of a pussy as we once thought" :lol:
  • jimed14 wrote:
    The Boston Red Sox: Evil Empire 2 - Lansdowne Boogaloo!
    :lol: Kid, you better copyright that title. Priceless.
  • Did you guys see Carl Crawford talking about how he's freaked out about being stalked by Red Sox scouts. Still signed the contract...
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,181
    I just got my tickets to Roger Dean Stadium in Jupiter FL. I'll get to see the Sox play the Cardinals and later the Marlins. I can't wait, the drive to Ft Meyers takes up too much time which I don't have, Jupiter is just 20 minutes away.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

MLB Network:
    Tonight during Hot Stove at 6:00 p.m. ET, we'll have analysis on the Adam Wainwright injury news and John Smoltz will sit down for a one-on-one interview with Boston's Kevin Youkilis and Dustin Pedroia.

• PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    I missed it... :(

g under p, you're so lucky! :D

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad

Yes but the nearest MLB city is the Marlins in Miami and they are in the NL. Hard to see a game during the season unless I drive to Tampa Bay. One thing it's a gaurantee I can get a ticket to a Sox game. :D

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    g under p wrote:

Yes but the nearest MLB city is the Marlins in Miami and they are in the NL. Hard to see a game during the season unless I drive to Tampa Bay. One thing it's a gaurantee I can get a ticket to a Sox game. :D

Peace
    We should try to see a game at Fenway sometime, along with any other PJ/Sox fans... :mrgreen:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • ap-0427460f6d2c4037b440a605cbc84fc0.jpg

Something's missing here...
  • anybody watch red sox live last night? does Lowrie look bigger? not in a joba kind of way though...
  • Listen to the Sox on the radio!

Massachusetts
    WEEI 850AM Boston
    WCRN 830AM Worcester
    WVEI 1440AM Worcester
    WSAR 1480 AM Fall River
    WBEC 1420 AM Pittsfield
    WHMP 1400AM Northampton
    WHMQ 1240AM Greenfield
    WNAW 1230AM North Adams
    WVEI 105.5FM Springfield
    WBSM 1420AM New Bedford
    WPKZ 1280AM Fitchburg
    WMRC 1490AM Milford
    WXTK 95.1FM West Yarmouth
    WBOQ 104.9FM Beverly

Rhode Island
    WEEI 103.7FM Providence

New Hampshire
    WEMJ 1490AM Laconia
    WFTN 1240AM Franklin
    WPNH 1300AM Plymouth
    WQSO 96.7FM Rochester
    WTSL 1400AM Hanover
    WKBK 1290AM Keene
    WASR 1420AM Wolfeboro
    WTPL 107.7FM Hillsboro
    WLTN 1400AM Littleton
    WKNE 103.7FM Keene
    WMOU 1230AM Berlin
    WGAM 1250AM Manchester
    WGHM 900AM Nashua
    WCNL 1010AM Newport
    WNTK 99.7FM New London
    WCFR 1480AM New London

Maine
    WRED 1440AM Westbrook
    WLOB 1310AM Portland
    WZON 620AM Bangor
    WCME 96.7FM Camden
    WRKD 1450AM Rockland
    WJJB 96.3FM Gray
    WPEI 95.9FM Saco
    WGEI 95.5FM Topsham
    WDEA 1370AM Ellsworth
    WHOU 100.1FM Houlton
    WKTJ 99.3FM Farmington
    WIGY 97.5FM Madison
    WTBM 100.7FM Norway
    WOXO 92.7FM Norway
    WDME 103.1FM Dover/Foxcroft
    WQDY 92.7FM Calais
    WFAU 1280AM Augusta
    WSYY 1240AM Millinocket
    WALZ 95.3FM Machias
    WEGP 1390AM Presque Isle

Connecticut
    WQUN 1220AM New Haven
    WTIC 1080AM Hartford
    WILI 1400AM Willimantic
    WINY 1350AM Putnam
    WGCH 1490AM Greenwich

Vermont
    WMXR 93.9FM Woodstock
    WDEV 550AM Waterbury
    WDEV 96.1FM Waterbury
    WJOY 1230AM Burlington
    WKVT 1490AM Brattleboro
    WRSA 1420AM St. Albans
    WFAD 1490AM Middlebury
    WSTJ 1340AM St. Johnsbury
    WSYB 1380AM Rutland
    WIKE 1490AM Newport
    WBTN 1370AM Bennington
    WLVB 93.9FM Morrisville
    WTSJ 1320AM Randolph

New York
    WTLA 1200AM/97.7FM Syracuse
    WSGO 1440AM/100.1FM Oswego
    WIZR 930AM Johnstown

Colorado
    KVRH 1340AM Salida

Florida
    WWCN 770AM Ft. Myers
    Seaview 960 AM Palm Beach Garden

Wyoming
    KJAX 93.3FM Jackson
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Listen to the Sox on the radio!

cool list, is there any easy place to get that for all MLB teams?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Thanks man, Sea view 960 am Palm Beach Garden I'll give it a listen. Btw I hope josh beckett is all right he got hit in the head with a baseball.

Peace

• 81 wrote:

hmmm, not sure. I just got this list from the flagship network of the Red Sox, WEEI850AM here in Boston. WEEI and NESN have a ton of cash to throw around for stuff like this, I imagine other teams don't have that luxury, but let me poke around and see what I can find.
  • 81 wrote:

MLB At-Bat App was $15 last year (I predict $20 this year). All games on radio, home & away feeds.