Boston Red Sox

Comments

• gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    Kevin Cash placed on the DL with an injured hamstring.
    Addition by subtraction.
    54 at bats and zero RBI's.
    Thank You Kevin Cash.
  • Kevin Cash placed on the DL with an injured hamstring.
    Addition by subtraction.
    Thank You Kevin Cash.
    Salt of lamaccia gets called up too. Lets see what this kid's got.

Dont know about you GKF, but I feel like we're walking a tightrope every single night. If we win, we're still in it. If we lose, the seasons over. Or so it seems.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    Kevin Cash placed on the DL with an injured hamstring.
    Addition by subtraction.
    Thank You Kevin Cash.
    Salt of lamaccia gets called up too. Lets see what this kid's got.

Dont know about you GKF, but I feel like we're walking a tightrope every single night. If we win, we're still in it. If we lose, the seasons over. Or so it seems.

We need to get through this week with 2 more at Toronto and then 3 at Texas.
    We need to win three out of the next five to still be alive.
    This is our last long road trip.
    Hopefully Dustin P is back next week.

What did you think of Tito having Felix pitch to Bautista in the 7th when Manny was ready in the pen.
    Seemed pretty dumb to me.
    They won the game anyway...but I don't know, rookie lefty pitching against right handed
    batter that leads the majors in home runs. What did he think was going to happen.
  • What did you think of Tito having Felix pitch to Bautista in the 7th when Manny was ready in the pen.
    Seemed pretty dumb to me.
    They won the game anyway...but I don't know, rookie lefty pitching against right handed
    batter that leads the majors in home runs. What did he think was going to happen.
    Let me try to remember, I had a few beverages last night. He left in Dubront (or Doobie, as we have begun calling him) and he got out of the inning with that filthy curve of his, right? I think Doob is gonna be big for us down the stretch in that exact role. He seems like a smart kid. Delcarmen is crap right now and we cant afford to be giving away games.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    let's go Jays (heehee)

stop walking people Marcum fak
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Just when Paps gets in a groove ... implosion.

Jose Bautista .. W - T - F?

Thank god I picked him up in a few roto leagues.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    jimed14 wrote:
    Just when Paps gets in a groove ... implosion.

Jose Bautista .. W - T - F?

Thank god I picked him up in a few roto leagues.
    He's been doing it since last September. Over his last 162 games he's hit 46 homeruns.
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    3fc826cc.pngis up with Pap?

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
    I really hate Papelbon

I am glad the Jays beat him, sorry
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Dustin Pedroia going back on the DL. Cameron, Youkilis and Ellsbury done for the year as well. Wow.

But we open a series against Toronto tonight at Fenway with Jonny Lester on the bump, and we're only 6 1/2 out with plenty of games left against TB and the yanks. We're down, but not out.

Come on people, let's hear some optimism.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,712
    Dustin Pedroia going back on the DL. Cameron, Youkilis and Ellsbury done for the year as well. Wow.

But we open a series against Toronto tonight at Fenway with Jonny Lester on the bump, and we're only 6 1/2 out with plenty of games left against TB and the yanks. We're down, but not out.

Gotta give you credit. You are as optimistic as any fan I have met. If you're not out, you are at a 9 count and wobbly.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Dustin Pedroia going back on the DL. Cameron, Youkilis and Ellsbury done for the year as well. Wow.

Gotta give you credit. You are as optimistic as any fan I have met. If you're not out, you are at a 9 count and wobbly.

Goimng to dinner. On the cape
    Tonight wearing the empire
    Gear

Hope they don't spit in my food

Wobbly :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Y E O W S E R S

Jays are bashing tonight
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • The epitaph of the 2010 Red Sox season will have tonight as it's end date. With DP on the DL joining Camer-off and DLsbury and this moral and physical beatdown at home tonight, I don't think they'll have a chance to catch-up to either of the teams in the East ahead of them. This season reminded me a lot of 2006 when they never could seem to get it all together. The only thing that season had to look forward to was Ortiz trying to set the team HR record. So what will/can that storyline be this year?
    Toronto is good just in the wrong division
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Bad loss last night, but no ground given up. Still alive.
  • HartydogHartydog Posts: 2,060
    was at the game last night - brutal. We were about 5 minutes late and it was already 5-0. The injury bug has been so bad this year.
    Boston 9-28-04, 5-24-06, 5-25-06, 5-17-10, 8-5-16, 8-7-16, 9-2-18, 9-4-18
    Hartford 5-13-06, 6-27-08, 10-25-13
    Mansfield, MA 6-30-08, 6-28-08, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-11-03, 8-29-00, 8-30-00, 9-15-98, 9-16-98
    Worcester 10-15-13, 10-16-13
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    Hartydog wrote:
    was at the game last night - brutal. We were about 5 minutes late and it was already 5-0. The injury bug has been so bad this year.
    So painfully true... :(

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158

:D it's not a done deal yet.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,712

:D it's not a done deal yet.

He says he is "not inclined" to accept a trade back. Then again, he also said he would never play for the Yankees.
  • Train keeps a-rollin' 5.5 games back now. Stranger things have happened.
  • I don't think you'll hear it from them, but it might have been a defensive move to block him from the Rays, a team that was on his limited "ok to trade list", which Boston was not. The last hope the Sox have is to sweep the Rays this weekend to nose back into the wild card hunt.
    Damon said nope!!!, Good news for Fenway, do you think they pursue Manny?

white sox are claming him

white sox are claming him

Wrong Sox, so much more intresting if he went back to Boston, kind of wanted them to both go back, why not.
  • We're all set at this point. We're sweeping Tampa this weekend and climbing back. No need to panic.
    We're all set at this point. We're sweeping Tampa this weekend and climbing back. No need to panic.

+1 you almost make me want to route for u :D being a Yankee fan, comes w/ alot of pressure.
    Not dead yet.
    Go Red Sox and White Sox.........
  • Not dead yet.
    Go Red Sox and White Sox.........
    KEEP THE FAITH GKF! I've said all along we're pulling this thing out. Nothing is fucked here dude, nothing is fucked.