Boston Red Sox

Comments

• BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    and they hit jeter again, what is that now, every series he's every played against them?
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,712
    Why is John Lackey's mouth always open? Is he not aware you can breathe through your nose?
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Why is John Lackey's mouth always open? Is he not aware you can breathe through your nose?

He's breathing through his mouth so he doesn't have to smell the shit that's in New York.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• brother123brother123 Posts: 792
    Danimal wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

He's breathing through his mouth so he doesn't have to smell the shit that's in New York.

BURN!
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    I wonder if they go after Cora.
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    Danimal wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Good One! :lol:

Go Sox!!!

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
    Has David Ortiz ever not argued a called strike? Ever? And even whines about it after the game. For fucks sake, shut up and play the fucking game you baby.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Has David Ortiz ever not argued a called strike? Ever? And even whines about it after the game. For fucks sake, shut up and play the fucking game you baby.
    I knew we agreed on something Cliffy! I can't stand his routine. How has a guy built up so much goodwill by acting like this? He's the Rasheed Wallace of baseball. Say what you will about Manny, but he almost never complained about balls and strikes. Youk is another one. He's constantly pissed off at the umps.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I knew we agreed on something Cliffy! I can't stand his routine. How has a guy built up so much goodwill by acting like this? He's the Rasheed Wallace of baseball. Say what you will about Manny, but he almost never complained about balls and strikes. Youk is another one. He's constantly pissed off at the umps.

And Youk is so dramatic about it, you would think the umpire killed his dog after he punches him out on strikes.

Ortiz is just unreal though. Every called strike, he looks back and complains then walks around the plate for 30 seconds. Take the pitch and get back in the box, there is no need for him to walk to the 3rd base side of the plate and stroll back. It has been getting on my nerves all weekend. Glad to see you agree.

I personally have a whole lot more respect for Manny than I do Ortiz.

Edit: And for the sake of the discussion, Swisher stands around the plate way too long for my liking after getting punched out.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    And Youk is so dramatic about it, you would think the umpire killed his dog after he punches him out on strikes.

Ortiz is just unreal though. Every called strike, he looks back and complains then walks around the plate for 30 seconds. Take the pitch and get back in the box, there is no need for him to walk to the 3rd base side of the plate and stroll back. It has been getting on my nerves all weekend. Glad to see you agree.

Edit: And for the sake of the discussion, Swisher stands around the plate way too long for my liking after getting punched out.
    Don't get me wrong, I still turn into a little kid when Ortiz hits a big home run, but yeah, he gets on my nerves too. The whole thing with Youk has become comedy fodder amongst our buddies. How mad can Youk get? Will he throw the helmet after failing to beat out a grounder? Will he yell a string of profanities so loud you can hear it in section 9? As KG once said, "anythings possible"...

As much shit as I've given Swisher this season, the kid is fantastic. I'd take him over JD Drew any day.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I still turn into a little kid when Ortiz hits a big home run, but yeah, he gets on my nerves too. The whole thing with Youk has become comedy fodder amongst our buddies. How mad can Youk get? Will he throw the helmet after failing to beat out a grounder? Will he yell a string of profanities so loud you can hear it in section 9? As KG once said, "anythings possible"...

As much shit as I've given Swisher this season, the kid is fantastic. I'd take him over JD Drew any day.

Of course, he has just really gotten on my nerves this weekend. More than usual. Youk is insane with his antics.

Swisher is having the best year of his career and has been huge for the Yankees. I do get why fans of every other team would really dislike him though. If he was not on the Yankees I would most likely dislike him. The thing I love about Swisher though is how much fun he has. Every interview the guy is on cloud nine. Dude gets paid millions of dollars to play a game, is on the New York Yankees and fucking loves it.
  • The anti-Nick Swisher in New York? Randy Johnson
    The anti-Nick Swisher in New York? Randy Johnson

haha, yeah. That's a great one. Randy Johnson and NY is not a good combination.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The anti-Nick Swisher in New York? Randy Johnson

haha, yeah. That's a great one. Randy Johnson and NY is not a good combination.
    "Don't get in my face and don't talk back to me."
    "Hey Randy, welcome to New York."
    :lol:
    And there Ortiz goes, what a fucking baby
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    And this bothers you, why? :roll:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Because he complains about every called strike. It is annoying. Just play the game without whining.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Because he complains about every called strike. It is annoying. Just play the game without whining.

With a comment like that, I sincerely hope you weren't a fan of Paul O'Neil.

(been a while, eh?)
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    jimed14 wrote:
    With a comment like that, I sincerely hope you weren't a fan of Paul O'Neil.

(been a while, eh?)

Fair enough but it is every called strike with him. Then he insists on strolling around the batters box for 30 seconds. On the last page I admitted that Swisher takes too long after called strikes as well.

How's it going? Haven't seen you around these parts in a while.
    I'm not a fan of constant preening over called strikes either ... Ortiz isn't great about it and it annoys me as well, but he's far from the worst.

(As for me, eh, it's been pretty rough, just needed to take a step away. Not even sure how long I'll poke my head in for. Last thing I need during tough times is to argue about baseball and what not.)

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    jimed14 wrote:
    I'm not a fan of constant preening over called strikes either ... Ortiz isn't great about it and it annoys me as well, but he's far from the worst.

(As for me, eh, it's been pretty rough, just needed to take a step away. Not even sure how long I'll poke my head in for. Last thing I need during tough times is to argue about baseball and what not.)

Sorry to hear, man. Hope everything gets worked out quickly and it's nothing too serious.
    Thanks, man.

So, yeah, Thames' ball of the tippity top of the wall coming back into play ... kind of huge.

Split.
    Still alive.
  • Split.
    Still alive.

Made up 2 games on Tampa as well , 4 back.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,181
    Great win today and so needed as we head south of the dog days of summer.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Staying alive. Lester is so good.
    Jacoby finally with a solid hit.
    Love to see Lowrie at 2B...anybody but Bill Hall at 2B.
    Jacoby finally with a solid hit.
    Love to see Lowrie at 2B...anybody but Bill Hall at 2B.

I take that back now..........
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    good game tonight

let's go Jays (hee-hee)
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton