Boston Red Sox

Comments

• jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Pedroia comes up huge ... he probably never wants to leave Denver.

Papelbon on the other hand .... :lol:
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    jimed14 wrote:
    Pedroia comes up huge ... he probably never wants to leave Denver.
    He had more production last night than Mike Cameron has the entire season.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Brain of mJBrain of mJ Posts: 786
    Making the annual pilgrimage on Wednesday to see a key battle with the Rays. Let's hope they keep up their ways as the Red Sox do theirs.
  • force-10force-10 Posts: 794
    DAMN!!!

First Pedroia and now Buchholz! I hope its not serious. He is desperately needed. Our best pitcher!
    IN THE DARK, ALL CATS ARE BLACK.
    ... and now V-Mart ... broken left thumb. Might not go on the DL, but he'll sure miss a few games.

It was the San Francisco Massacre this weekend, the Sox may have taken 2 of 3 but they lost some key players, ugly weekend on that front.

So, if you look at the opening night lineup the Sox put out ...

J. Ellsbury lf
    D. Pedroia 2b
    V. Martinez c
    K. Youkilis 1b
    D. Ortiz dh
    A. Beltre 3b
    J.D. Drew rf
    M. Cameron cf
    M. Scutaro ss

Only Ortiz and Beltre haven't missed games because of injury ... and several (Ellsbury, Pedroia, Cameron) have missed or will miss significant time.

Let's not forget Beckett and Dice K missing significant time as well ... hopefully Buchholz only misses one start at the worst.

Yet, they dug out of a huge hole are now 15 games over .500 ... how, I have no idea.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    JimEd, what hocus pocus does your fair city have on our team that brings the injury bug, jeeeesh. At least they come home to a Rays team that was no hit this weekend and had a blowup between 2 or its top 3 position players in Longo and Bossman Jr.
    This injury shit is getting ridiculous. Just really really bad. That's all I have to say.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    jimed14 wrote:
    ... and now V-Mart ... broken left thumb. Might not go on the DL, but he'll sure miss a few games.

It was the San Francisco Massacre this weekend, the Sox may have taken 2 of 3 but they lost some key players, ugly weekend on that front.

So, if you look at the opening night lineup the Sox put out ...

J. Ellsbury lf
    D. Pedroia 2b
    V. Martinez c
    K. Youkilis 1b
    D. Ortiz dh
    A. Beltre 3b
    J.D. Drew rf
    M. Cameron cf
    M. Scutaro ss

Only Ortiz and Beltre haven't missed games because of injury ... and several (Ellsbury, Pedroia, Cameron) have missed or will miss significant time.

Let's not forget Beckett and Dice K missing significant time as well ... hopefully Buchholz only misses one start at the worst.

Yet, they dug out of a huge hole are now 15 games over .500 ... how, I have no idea.
    This is too damn depressing... :(

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
    From Craig Calcatera's blog today

Wanna feel old? Mike Greenwell's son is a minor leaguer

Mike%20Greenwell%20stache-thumb-autox272-14757.jpg

I'm guessing people in Boston were aware of this, but it's the first I've heard about it: Bo Greenwell -- son of Mike -- is a minor leaguer in the Indians' organization, playing for the Lake County Captians up in Eastlake, Ohio. It's one of those feel-good "what's it like to be the son of a big leaguer" kind of stories, which I always enjoy.

One thing I like to do with those: try and read between the lines of all the glowing quotes to see if the kid is actually a prospect with a shot or if it's the last time we're ever going to hear about him. I thought this one was skewing distinctly in the "he probably won't make it" direction to begin with, but then I was shocked to see the reporter actually got a quote from an anonymous scout basically slamming his speed and arm strength (he said nothing about how his stache matches up to Mike's). I guess that's good reporting -- why make us wonder if you can get the actual dirt? -- but I was rather surprised to see it in what you usually expect to be a fluff piece.

Anyway, the fact that guys who broke into the league when I was a teenager have kids old enough to be major leaguers themselves now is rather sobering.
    Let's go RED SOX!!!

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    Now the captain goes on the DL.
    We did re-acquire Kevin Cash and his lifetime batting average of .188.
    Tito has done quite a job this year.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,666
    The should consider having Carlton Fisk unretire for a month.

This is way past ridiculous with the injuries.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    I can't believe both of our catches are on the DL!! :shock:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Poncier wrote:

This is way past ridiculous with the injuries.

Good thing we have the deepest team in baseball.
    You know who's gonna be carrying this team offensively in the next month? Adrian Beltre and JD Drew, that's who.
    You know who's gonna be carrying this team offensively in the next month? Adrian Beltre and JD Drew, that's who.

2 knocks already for Drew tonight.
    1/2
    Manny goes on DL today.
    So, Youkilis leaves the game tonight with a foot injury ... I hope it's not an achilles injury ... that would pretty much kill this season.

Again ... opening night lineup, with who was playing that position by the end of the game tonight in red ...

J. Ellsbury lf - Daniel Nava
    D. Pedroia 2b - Bill Hall
    V. Martinez c - Kevin Cash
    K. Youkilis 1b - Niuman Romero
    D. Ortiz dh - Ortiz
    A. Beltre 3b - Beltre
    J.D. Drew rf - Drew
    M. Cameron cf - Eric Patterson
    M. Scutaro ss - Scutaro

oh, and tonight's starting pitcher ... Felix Doubront

Hello Niuman.
  • Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    I almost stroked out when Youk left the game last night...and then again when Beltre fouled that pitch off his leg/foot and was limping around...this is beyond ridiculous
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
    Hello Niuman.

Goodbye Niuman

Red Sox Designate Niuman Romero ... make room for Ryan Shealy.

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    hell of a series in tampa guys :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Youk was hobbling around last night pretty badly ... I get the feeling the guy is trying to gut out an injury that's a little more serious than he's letting on.

hell of a series in tampa guys :lol:

Kind of tough to win when half the team is on the DL.
    jimed14 wrote:
    Youk was hobbling around last night pretty badly ... I get the feeling the guy is trying to gut out an injury that's a little more serious than he's letting on.

roids dude..they break u down
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    jimed14 wrote:

Yes, because Dustin Pedroia and Jacoby Ellsbury look exactly like the poster children for steroids. Lugnut.

jimed14 wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

Yes, because Dustin Pedroia and Jacoby Ellsbury look exactly like the poster children for steroids. Lugnut.

i meant the youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuk ball bearing :lol:
    roids dude..they break u down[/quote]

Yes, because Dustin Pedroia and Jacoby Ellsbury look exactly like the poster children for steroids. Lugnut.[/quote]

i meant the youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuk ball bearing :lol:[/quote]

AROD :lol:

Yes, because Dustin Pedroia and Jacoby Ellsbury look exactly like the poster children for steroids. Lugnut.[/quote]

i meant the youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuk ball bearing :lol:[/quote]

AROD :lol:[/quote]

closing in on 600 homers my good man

if your gonna get the roids go for the good stuff