Boston Red Sox

Comments

• PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    Another Winner!!! :thumbup: I'm loving this!!! ;):mrgreen:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,712
    In my entire time as a fan of sports, I don't think there is anyone I dislike as much as Curt Schilling. Please go away.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Everyone who thought Clay Buchholz would be the first Sox starter to 10 wins, raise your hands.

Yeah, me neither.

Now in 2nd place ... next stop ... 1st.

Oh, read a note on Beckett, still a few weeks away from rehab starts. Expect a mid - late July return.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Did you end up scoring tickets for any games this coming weekend in San Fran?
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Nice sweep. It be even sweeter if Manny was smart enough to realize what a great team he left, but I bet he doesn't even notice.

And just for the record, I'm no Manny hater. I was an apologist when he played for us, and totally condoned his behavior as he was hitting bombs in Fenway, so he gets a lifetime free pass from me.

P.S. Go Sox!
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,987
    Headed to Denver on Tuesday to see the Sox for the first time. I could give a shit, but my daughter is a fan. Just kidding... I'm stoked to see them.

Will be at the game Wednesday too. Gonna be a battle with Jimenez on the hill against your offense.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
    Headed to Denver on Tuesday to see the Sox for the first time. I could give a shit, but my daughter is a fan. Just kidding... I'm stoked to see them.

Will be at the game Wednesday too. Gonna be a battle with Jimenez on the hill against your offense.
    :thumbup: Enjoy!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    We're gonna need Drew for the long haul, especially with this patchwork outfield we're running out at the moment, so Francona might not want to throw him back in the lineup to open the road trip. He doesn't need a DL stint, but it might be nice to give him a little break.

I really think not enough credit has been given to Drew this year. After a shaky start in April, he's been raking it the last two months.
    Having a few Coors Lights tonight in honor of our trip to play the Crockies.
    I love sweeps!!! ;) :thumbup: :mrgreen:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
    What a frustrating game! Damn! Ortiz grounds out with the bases loaded pinch hitting in the 8th. They were due for a letdown though after a stellar homestand.

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    Awesome! I have never seen that.
    :lol::lol::lol:
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
    Theovl316 wrote:
    Awesome! I have never seen that.
    :lol::lol::lol:
    The Celtics could have used him in game 7!!! ;):mrgreen:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
    Tonight we face Ubaldo-mania.
    Tonight we face Ubaldo-mania.

Well, they went into Philly and got their raps in against Halladay ... would be nice to do the same tonight.

Heck, I'd take 3 runs vs this guy tonight, he's been sick.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,182
    Went to the game on Sunday and had a blast. Not a big offensive game, but some great defensive plays and unreal weather. First game this year. When I lived in Boston I practically lived at Fenway, but now that i'm in Maine I don't get down as much. Really makes you appreciate Fenway when you don't get to visit much!

Hope we can get to Ubaldo! Biggest fantasy regret it dropping him at the beginning of last season in my dynasty league when we was off to a rough start. Nasty stuff!
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • force-10force-10 Posts: 794
    What a waste. Yankees are losing, JP totally screws it up.

The red sox played great baseball today. And giambi, that son of a bitch, it had to be him. That guy disgusts me, he truly does.
    IN THE DARK, ALL CATS ARE BLACK.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    THE GIAMBINO :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

I see stories about a booze cruise and a couple getting married in a grocery store and a great contest called "guess that ass". Classy site, I see why you're a fan.

As for the Sox ... somewhat of the stinkfest I was expecting against the Dbacks, heck, they even roughed up Ubaldo, oh well ... would be nice to take this last game.

oh, and read that Lowell is likely to go on the DL ... always seems to happen when trade deadlines are coming up ... :x :evil: ;)

jimed, did you call WEEI last night around 1am Eastern last night? Someone named from San Fran called up and was all pissed off about Papelbon. He was a very astute caller, which is why I thought of you, but he was very angry with Papelbon. Was this you?
  • Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    jimed14 wrote:

I see stories about a booze cruise and a couple getting married in a grocery store and a great contest called "guess that ass". Classy site, I see why you're a fan.

As for the Sox ... somewhat of the stinkfest I was expecting against the Dbacks, heck, they even roughed up Ubaldo, oh well ... would be nice to take this last game.
    Like my dad said....what do you expect when you've got a guy who played at Mississippi State trying to take care of your business. I do take solace in the fact that they roughed up Jimenez like no other team had been able to do though. 2.5 games back is damn sure a lot better than 9.5....I was pretty pessimistic at the start but the Sox are gonna be there. Gonna be hell on wheels in the second half if Josh comes back pitching well and the other guys stay healthy
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
    jimed, did you call WEEI last night around 1am Eastern last night? Someone named from San Fran called up and was all pissed off about Papelbon. He was a very astute caller, which is why I thought of you, but he was very angry with Papelbon. Was this you?

oh, hell no ... I never listen to sports radio. Far too annoying on so many levels.

Appreciate the complement though ("astute").

As for Paps ... yeah, the underlying stats are troubling yet again, still, that was only his second blown save of the season.

jimed14 wrote:

oh, hell no ... I never listen to sports radio. Far too annoying on so many levels.

Appreciate the complement though ("astute").

As for Paps ... yeah, the underlying stats are troubling yet again, still, that was only his second blown save of the season.
    :lol: I couldn't remember the dude's name, I was kinda drunk last night after that 9th inning debacle. He was talking about Pap's WHIP and how much it sucks this year.

Yeah, there's only so much of that shit I can take.
    Drunk + Sox blown save + talk radio = my envisionment of hell.

jimed14 wrote:

its a boston website.....just saying :mrgreen:
    jimed14 wrote:

its a boston website.....just saying :mrgreen:
    Originally based out of New York, just saying :mrgreen:
    jimed14 wrote:

Originally based out of New York, just saying :mrgreen:

its ny and boston ..asses....something we can agree on
    :lol::lol: