Boston Red Sox

Comments

• jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Manny back in Boston should be fun to watch.

So many good and bad memories. I be he gets cheered overall.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    jimed14 wrote:
    Yankees fan and a Lakers fan ... again, it makes a lot of sense.

ive told this story for the past 8 years on this board enough

my family is lakers fans we hate the knicks just because im from nyc doesn't mean i have to like the knicks

you're from cali :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

Born and raised just outside of boston, lived there for the first 30+ years of my life. Nice try though.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    jimed14 wrote:

Born and raised just outside of boston, lived there for the first 30+ years of my life. Nice try though.

duh no shit hence the laughing face
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,181
    Manny I believe will receive more cheers than boos. However, the Sox are in a division race now closing in and if he's a factor against the Sox he'll get hammered with BOOS. I'll give a him his due for what he did for Boston, he was fun to watch for sure. :D

peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,955
    jimed14 wrote:
    Yankees fan and a Lakers fan ... again, it makes a lot of sense.

ive told this story for the past 8 years on this board enough

my family is lakers fans we hate the knicks just because im from nyc doesn't mean i have to like the knicks

Well, Neil..you're fandom is becoming as fraudulent as your username. :mrgreen:
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    g under p wrote:
    Manny I believe will receive more cheers than boos. However, the Sox are in a division race now closing in and if he's a factor against the Sox he'll get hammered with BOOS. I'll give a him his due for what he did for Boston, he was fun to watch for sure. :D

peace
    I'm looking forward to seeing Manny, but I hope we sweep the Dodgers!!! ;):lol:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    9 HOURS TO MANNY!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    9 HOURS TO MANNY!

manny+being+manny.jpg

jimed14 wrote:
    9 HOURS TO MANNY!

manny+being+manny.jpg
    :lol: "What can I say, I'm a bad man."
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    308c29_ManRam_06182010.jpg
    "Hey, wanna buy my grill on eBay?"
    “I might not be the right guy to comment on saying what the fans have to do or not have to do,” Ortiz said last night. “But I think people have to keep in mind that we’re talking about a guy that had a lot to do with two World Series that we won here in the first place. This organization had tons of players coming through (over) the years.

“(Given how long) this organization waited to win a World Series and having a guy like Manny, especially being the MVP in the first one, (he) deserves a lot of respect because of that. Doing what he did, saying things in a positive way and signing an eight-year deal and showing up every year, it’s more that (he’s) earned the respect of fans. That’s what me as a fan will focus on.”

Ortiz conceded that Ramirez’ antics invited negative responses, while his shootout exit lacked diplomacy. But Ortiz defended Ramirez’ behind-the-scenes effort and clubhouse presence that ran contrary to Red Sox fans’ impressions.

“He could turn things around in an organization with his work ethic, which was very impressive,” Ortiz said.

“People didn’t get to know too much about that, but if you looked around and seen the way he put himself together to play the game, it was amazing.

“You don’t see many people play like that. People might believe everything just fell out of the sky for him. But he worked really hard and he’s one of the best in the game. It was not just a gift he got from God; it’s something he earned on his own.”

From today's Herald.
    tb_manny_450.jpg

A mixed bag.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,712
    A mixed bag.

Mostly cheers when he stepped in. When he came out on deck for the first time it was worse.
    Manny strikes out to end the game. The crowd goes nuts. :D

jimed14 wrote:
    Manny strikes out to end the game. The crowd goes nuts. :D

Didnt see it but very fitting. Fucking Yanks offense fell asleep.
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    What a Game!!! :thumbup: :clap::clap::clap: :thumbup:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
    jimed14 wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:
    Sox pick up a game on both the Yanks and the Rays .... nice.

Nice to say this again tonight.

... and, for a 3rd straight night.

• force-10force-10 Posts: 794
    Some of you guys were bashing me on opening night. I was the only one, and another i think, that was happy about the red sox lineup. Of course we lost power, but we gained balance. Beltre, Scutaro, Cameron. These are all decent batters. I would have never imagined Hermida and McDonald coming up like they have.

Not only would it be good to have Jacoby in the lineup, but it would be better for the team and Scutaro himself, if he would be batting 9th. Scutaro that is.
    IN THE DARK, ALL CATS ARE BLACK.
  • Brain of mJBrain of mJ Posts: 786
    Shhhhhhh one game back shhhhhhhh, made up 7.5 games in less than a month, shhhhhhhhhh, nobody's taking about this shhhhhhhhh
    One win at a time.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:
    Check it out, finally edged in front of the Blue Jays ... :lol:

The 3 horse race is on

Going to be fun here on out...
    Few mroe notes from tonight's game.

1) Speaking of quitting on the Red Sox, Roger Clemens was sitting in the monster seats tonight.

2) Ortiz tied Manny tonight for 5th all time in homeruns in club history ... be interesting if he can pass Manny while Manny is in Boston this weekend.

• gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    Went to a beer tasting in Boston and missed most of the game.
    How did Felix look?

I would have booed Manny quite loudly if I was at the game.
    I never liked the guy and anyone that knows me can testify to this.
    Trot was always my favorite player from the Manny teams...until Dustin came around.
    I can honestly say I felt like a fraud cheering for Manny when he was on the Sox and this was way
    before the steroids thing came out.
    So happy this piece of S**t is gone.
  • Stone Is GodStone Is God Posts: 1,331
    I'll have to admit, I've been wrong about this team so far. The hitting has been better than I thought it was going to be. The pitching, for the most part, has been spot on. It'll be an interesting summer. Cna't wait to she how it pans out.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
    Nava - Hall - McDonald ....

... doesn't really strike the same fear that the Rice - Lynn - Evans outfield used to, does it?

Manny just hit a home run and Tim McCarver proves how much of a fucking idiot he is ...

"We'll never know, but you have to wonder ... is that the most satisfying home run of Manny Ramirez' career?"

Are you that fucking stupid McCarver?

Do you really think he relishes a mid June home run to get the Dodgers within a run in the 6th inning more than all the playoff / World Series / clutch walk off home runs he hit?

McCarver is such is a fucking moron.

Dustin Pedroia proving once again, short people rule!

Great win.

• gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    Things are going good right now.