Boston Red Sox

Comments

• FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    JD Drew with a triple tonight to boost my fantasy team!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    Go Sox!!!

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    Wow I just noticed they stole 2 bases last night to bring the total to 14.
    I guess they kind of miss Jacoby.

The Sox are 2nd in runs, HR's and OPS in the American League.
    Where are all the people that said this offense would stink.
    How about some revenge this weekend? Last time we were in Camden, we were swept.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    How about some revenge this weekend? Last time we were in Camden, we were swept.
    That cannot happen again :evil:
    I became quite a negative nelly early in the season but I believe now. To have started so poorly and to have battled the injuries they had and to be no more out than they are at this point....they're doing pretty damn good.
    Break out the brooms against the Zer-Os

Edit...while I'm at it I guess I should also take back some of the rotten things I've said about Papi
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488

Edit...while I'm at it I guess I should also take back some of the rotten things I've said about Papi

oh ... noooooooooooow you come along .... ;) ... no worries, I'm sure Papi loves you. :)

Orioles will be playing with a new manager, could play some really inspired ball fighting for jobs ... or ... they could play like a sack of shit. Let's hope the latter.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    wow tough baltimore this weekend :roll: :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    The offense is getting better and better.
    So ... right about now, were thinking the fact Theo turned down the Buchholz and Lester for Johan Santana deal was a smart move ... right?

:D

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    jimed14 wrote:
    So ... right about now, were thinking the fact Theo turned down the Buchholz and Lester for Johan Santana deal was a smart move ... right?

:D
    Exactly! Me and my dad were talking about that this morning actually. Pop thought they were idiots for hanging onto Clay and Jon but he's come around now. I was on the fence a bit about it because I believed both would eventually be studs.
    And picked up a game on both the Yunks and Rays....bring out the broom the weekend!

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
    The Red Sox have 10 players with more home runs than Jason Bay right now.
    The Red Sox have 10 players with more home runs than Jason Bay right now.
    Thanks for pointing that out...had not occurred to me. That's another thing my dad thought was complete insanity..letting Bay go I mean.
    I must admit I am very surprised at the potency of the offense though. Somehow this feels less and less like a "bridge season" as it goes along

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,181
    Just returned from the game as the SOX are only 4.5 games out. With a sweep tomorrow this race will tighten up as the team both on offense and defense is looking very good. 8-2 beating given to the O's

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• BlahBlah Posts: 469
    Nomar Garciaparra has a crooked nose.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,181

Sweet even better, i gather my phone wasn't updated as yet.
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Dice-K!!!!!!! Holy shit, he's 5-2. Can you believe it?
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    Nice win last night... Congrats to Dice K!!! 8 innings with no runs... I think that may be a first for him... :thumbup: :clap::clap::clap: :thumbup:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • what up with papelbon & breavment list? didnt read about it but the team didnt excuse him for a personal conduct type thing did they?
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
    what up with papelbon & breavment list? didnt read about it but the team didnt excuse him for a personal conduct type thing did they?

Still a mystery to me.

Bard gets the save with no Paps ... Trevor Crowe, your Christmas card is in the mail.

You guys wanna see something wild? Look who the Sox took with the 203rd overall pick.
    http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?topic_id=10018074&content_id=8695469
    Now if only he can stay out of foul trouble...
    Fn Justin Masterson. I knew he'd come back to burn us.
  • force-10force-10 Posts: 794
    Damn, Bard was doing great lately. Painful way to lose.
    IN THE DARK, ALL CATS ARE BLACK.
  • Brain of mJBrain of mJ Posts: 786
    Tough loss last night, can't blame Bard because he's been pretty solid so far this year, but lets hope Pap comes off the list in time for the weekend.
    Rough loss after taking the lead in the top of the 9th.

Then, after loading the bases with no outs, Bard got two outs giving me hope again ... doh.

To top it off, Youk left with a mild back sapsm and Jacoby is going to sit out another 2 weeks. :?

• xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,222
    jimed14 wrote:
    Rough loss after taking the lead in the top of the 9th.

Then, after loading the bases with no outs, Bard got two outs giving me hope again ... doh.

To top it off, Youk left with a mild back sapsm and Jacoby is going to sit out another 2 weeks. :?

Is that a day-to-day thing for Youkilis. I have him in my money league where I've gone between first and second all year.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    nto sure yet ... the term used was "mild" ... but, for him to come out, he may miss a day or two.

jimed14 wrote:
    It's a 3 game series against an NL team in the middle of May. Might as well be a series vs the Royals.

We're not going to play your shit games jeagler. It's baseball ... relax and enjoy the game.

spoken like a fan of a team hovering around the .500 mark :lol::lol::lol:

GO PHILS!

Kind of funny Jeagler didn't come trolling into this thread before this weekend's series ... hmm, wonder why?

Oh, that's right, the Phillies are the one hovering around the .500 mark a few weeks later.

oh, I forgot to add the proper number of laughy faces to my post at the bottom of the last page ... sorry ...

9-0 Sox after 2 ... :lol::lol::lol:

edit - 12-0 in the 3rd.