Options

Eddie Vedder Plays West Seattle Monday & Tuesday!!

Comments

• Options
    senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    *jaw on floor* This is insane!! :D HUGEST congrats to all the lucky ones. Aww especially you guys that were let in after the show started. HOW EXTRA AMAZING IS THIS?! I LOVE IT!! I also love how the shows were all disguised and secretive. Thats awesome! Must of just exaggerated everything even more. Damn!! :D What a super intimate experience. Its like your own personal storytellers with Ed in someone's living room!! WTF?? haha. That is UNREAL! Back to back nights?! Good lord! I cannot even begin imagine. I'm sooooo thrilled Seattle finally got some special lovin. :)

And those sets too?! *faints* (((:o))) The Into The Wild songs ALONE but then to see songs like Around the Bend and Broken Hearted pop up!!?! *tears* Wow! Wow! Wooow!

HURRY UP NEXT WEEKEND!!!! Holy shit! Is it really that soon???! *screams* This tour is such a dream! What a way to kick it off.

CONGRATS again Seattle!
    *bows down*

ty!

It was awesome!

Santa Cruz here we come!

:D
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    Your energy and excitement is addicting as usual!

VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    *jaw on floor* This is insane!! :D HUGEST congrats to all the lucky ones. Aww especially you guys that were let in after the show started. HOW EXTRA AMAZING IS THIS?! I LOVE IT!! I also love how the shows were all disguised and secretive. Thats awesome! Must of just exaggerated everything even more. Damn!! :D What a super intimate experience. Its like your own personal storytellers with Ed in someone's living room!! WTF?? :eek: haha. That is UNREAL! Back to back nights?! Good lord! I cannot even begin imagine. I'm sooooo thrilled Seattle finally got some special lovin. :)

And those sets too?! *faints* (((:o))) The Into The Wild songs ALONE but then to see songs like Around the Bend and Broken Hearted pop up!!?! *tears* Wow! Wow! Wooow!

HURRY UP NEXT WEEKEND!!!! Holy shit! Is it really that soon???! *screams* This tour is such a dream! What a way to kick it off.

CONGRATS again Seattle!
    *bows down*
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    I'ts starting to feel real now! 10 days to go!

Ive got 6 to go and I can't barely sleep! :D
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    *jaw on floor* This is insane!! :D HUGEST congrats to all the lucky ones. Aww especially you guys that were let in after the show started. HOW EXTRA AMAZING IS THIS?! I LOVE IT!! I also love how the shows were all disguised and secretive. Thats awesome! Must of just exaggerated everything even more. Damn!! :D What a super intimate experience. Its like your own personal storytellers with Ed in someone's living room!! WTF?? : eek: haha. That is UNREAL! Back to back nights?! Good lord! I cannot even begin imagine. I'm sooooo thrilled Seattle finally got some special lovin. :)

And those sets too?! *faints* (((: o))) The Into The Wild songs ALONE but then to see songs like Around the Bend and Broken Hearted pop up!!?! *tears* Wow! Wow! Wooow!

CONGRATS again Seattle!
    *bows down*
    your enthusiasm is infectious, i absolutely love it :D

i can't wait for santa cruz to kick off the ed love! i feel so lucky to get to experience it 3 times :) god, a bit over a week away, eeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    *jaw on floor* This is insane!! :D HUGEST congrats to all the lucky ones. Aww especially you guys that were let in after the show started. HOW EXTRA AMAZING IS THIS?! I LOVE IT!! I also love how the shows were all disguised and secretive. Thats awesome! Must of just exaggerated everything even more. Damn!! :D What a super intimate experience. Its like your own personal storytellers with Ed in someone's living room!! WTF?? :eek: haha. That is UNREAL! Back to back nights?! Good lord! I cannot even begin imagine. I'm sooooo thrilled Seattle finally got some special lovin. :)

CONGRATS again Seattle!
    *bows down*
    It was pretty god damn amazing!!! The whole getting the run around before the show - getting the coffee and being allowed to listen from the front steps - and then finally being allowed in to watch from the stadning room in the back - that was just inFUCKINGsane!!! Something i will never forget for as long as I live!!!
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    aNiMaL wrote:
    It was pretty god damn amazing!!! The whole getting the run around before the show - getting the coffee and being allowed to listen from the front steps - and then finally being allowed in to watch from the stadning room in the back - that was just inFUCKINGsane!!! Something i will never forget for as long as I live!!!

It took 7 pages and a VEDHEAD27 to get you to pour this out!!! Now, that's what I'm feeling from you that night!!

Damn.... :)

Keep it coming!!!
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    IamMine wrote:
    It took 7 pages and a VEDHEAD27 to get you to pour this out!!! Now, that's what I'm feeling from you that night!!

Damn.... :)

Keep it coming!!!
    Hahaha - it's hard to get everything out in one posting. I still am reeling from the excitement from Tuesday night. Here is something I just sent PM style to a friend on here:

I still cannot believe the adventure we had getting into the place tuesday night. We made Billboard.com!!! They talked about us outside getting free coffee from the Easy Street owner and then after that getting let in gratis. Robbie and I went back and forth between the record store and the hall 2 different times trying to secure tickets but there was none to be had. It was SOOO cool meeting David & Lisa (Sennin & Jamaniac). That was such an added bonus - I feel as though I have known David for a really long time. Cool too that none of us Pit members had tickets for the 2nd night and we were all in the same boat outside wanting so badly to get in. They told us numerous times that there was nothing they could do - and then came back out the last time and said "ok, can you be quiet when we let you guys in to watch from the standing room only in the back of the room?" Holy shit - that was about 5 minutes after I had last texted you - we jumped up off the steps - all shut our cells off and quietly walked in for about an hour of the show. We were all just beaming from ear to ear!!! I didn't think anyplace could beat the Showbox for intimacy - but I was dead wrong. With maybe 120 on hand this was the most intimate I have ever been with the band or any part of the band. Just Ed and his multiple guitars. An absolutely priceless night - something I will never ever forget for as long as I live.

I could go on and on like a school girl - but I am not sure you care that much.
  • Options
    jamainiacjamainiac Posts: 429
    Brings back memories of a show at The Showbox that was a special show on September 24, 2004. There were no actual "tickets" for the show and people would show up and flash their IDs and were let in.

A bunch of people were out front waiting to get in but with no luck. I kept telling the people around me that they would let us in. They will let us in! Trust me, they will let us in!!! People started thinking that I was working for the Showbox or something. I just let them know that I had positive attitude and I knew I was going to be let in.

A bunch of people left calling me crazy and I even told a group of girls that I would buy them dinner if they didn't let us in so they stuck around.

Well sure enough right before they took stage they let us in....... hehe We had to make a donation of $20.00 and give our name/address but it was WELL WORTH IT!

... I was right there with you! On the sidewalk... full of hope! ... then inside the Showbox for the show! Somewhere between that night... my trip to Boston the following day for more VFC shows... and unfolding events after returning to Seattle... my life changed :)

And aNiMaL...

I'm right there with you on the 'giddy schoolgirl' feelings about this past Tuesday...

*shakes head*

I think I'm still trying to process the whole event! If it gets any more up close and personal than that... Ed will be coming over to our West Seattle home for cocktails!!!

Don't worry... if it comes to that... we'll be sure to give you a call!! :)
    Exercising her will to lose control...
    she lets go
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Hahaha - it's hard to get everything out in one posting. I still am reeling from the excitement from Tuesday night. Here is something I just sent PM style to a friend on here:

I still cannot believe the adventure we had getting into the place tuesday night. We made Billboard.com!!! They talked about us outside getting free coffee from the Easy Street owner and then after that getting let in gratis. Robbie and I went back and forth between the record store and the hall 2 different times trying to secure tickets but there was none to be had. It was SOOO cool meeting David & Lisa (Sennin & Jamaniac). That was such an added bonus - I feel as though I have known David for a really long time. Cool too that none of us Pit members had tickets for the 2nd night and we were all in the same boat outside wanting so badly to get in. They told us numerous times that there was nothing they could do - and then came back out the last time and said "ok, can you be quiet when we let you guys in to watch from the standing room only in the back of the room?" Holy shit - that was about 5 minutes after I had last texted you - we jumped up off the steps - all shut our cells off and quietly walked in for about an hour of the show. We were all just beaming from ear to ear!!! I didn't think anyplace could beat the Showbox for intimacy - but I was dead wrong. With maybe 120 on hand this was the most intimate I have ever been with the band or any part of the band. Just Ed and his multiple guitars. An absolutely priceless night - something I will never ever forget for as long as I live.

I could go on and on like a school girl - but I am not sure you care that much.

*gasps*

Now, that's an insult to every PJ fan here!!!

I don't carreeeeeee???

:p:D

I especially love it when men act like schoolgirls!!!

Makes them more... *cough*human*cough*.

I too love it that they mentioned about the fans - namely you and others - in the news!!!

On the same page with eV?!! :D:D:D
    ~Q Magazine

• Options
    IamMine wrote:
    *gasps*

Now, that's an insult to every PJ fan here!!!

I don't carreeeeeee???

:p:D

I especially love it when men act like schoolgirls!!!

Makes them more... *cough*human*cough*.

I too love it that they mentioned about the fans - namely you and others - in the news!!!

On the same page with eV?!! :D:D:D
    Hahaha, that last line wasn't directed towards you or the general public on the board - that was to my friend i originally sent that too on PM.
  • Options
    rockfordrockford Posts: 150
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:

CONGRATS again Seattle!
    *bows down*

Thanks Lydia- you were certainly there with us in spirit! :-)
    rock musik rockar röv.
  • Options
    OfTheGirlOfTheGirl Posts: 47
    1- Rockford
    2- Animal
    3- Mensane
    4- Abramowp
    5- Robbie
    6- Einatshaul
    7- Sennin
    8- Jamainiac
    9- Me/...AndPartOfEveryDay: female; longer brown hair in brown hooded puffy vest
    10- Friend of mine/non-message boarder: tall male; short dark hair
    11-
    12-
    13-
    14-

You can add us to the list

me/OfTheGirl-Pit/Bee Girl-RM
    my friend- record store guy
    ~*~*~*~*~Official Kiwi Jammer No 4 (Honorary)~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    KushikushunKushikushun Posts: 1,263
    All of you: SUPER SUPER CONGRATS!!!!

Wow, I have been reading your posts with a huge smile on my face! I dont know many of you really, but I feel as proud of you getting in there as I can be!!

FANTASTIC! Einat how great is this?! You just moved to Seattle and then this...woohoo! Thats your gift for taking a chance I am sure.

*Kushi does a happy dance now*

Big hug, Francisca.
    Why not be mediocre and be the best at it that you can be?
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Hahaha, that last line wasn't directed towards you or the general public on the board - that was to my friend i originally sent that too on PM.

Oooh my bad!

Notice how you sounded like most of us females with the way you talked at the end?

We tend to say, "Do you think....", "You think if...", "This probably isn't important, but...", "I'm not sure that mattered, but...." :p

Ugh. stupid gender system. :D

Anyhoo.... who cares what your friends thought - you were in the same room with eddie vedder - and it was in a TINY TINY TINY room!!!! And you got in the papers!!! :D

Babble all you want about it!!!

Everyone here would do it and they know it, too!
    ~Q Magazine

• Options
    jamainiac wrote:

I'm right there with you on the 'giddy schoolgirl' feelings about this past Tuesday...

*shakes head*

I think I'm still trying to process the whole event! If it gets any more up close and personal than that... Ed will be coming over to our West Seattle home for cocktails!!!

I feel the exact same. I am so happy to read everyone's posts here to confirm that it wasn't a dream and it truly did happen. Amazing is the only word to describe it.

There have been times at larger shows when I swear Mike has just smiled at me, but on Tuesday I could literally see Ed look first at my friend and that right at me--no question about it. While Matt was on stage, he stepped away from the mic and you could still hear him just fine.

I love how absolutely genuine Ed is--everything he says and does is so train-of-thought. Like how he started to play Won't Back Down/Driftin', and then stopped to tell us what it reminds him of (the pro-lifers killing a doctor at an abortion clinic/writing that song on Neil Young's driveway). he is always this way, but I felt it even more that night.

My favorite (besides the Dave & Bush comments...okay one of many faves) was when he told Matt,
    "The voice of a generation would like you to get off the stage!" It must have been in reference to Matt's speech on Monday, and Ed didn't want any more praise.
  • Options
    KushikushunKushikushun Posts: 1,263
    I feel the exact same. I am so happy to read everyone's posts here to confirm that it wasn't a dream and it truly did happen. Amazing is the only word to describe it.

There have been times at larger shows when I swear Mike has just smiled at me, but on Tuesday I could literally see Ed look first at my friend and that right at me--no question about it. While Matt was on stage, he stepped away from the mic and you could still hear him just fine.

I love how absolutely genuine Ed is--everything he says and does is so train-of-thought. Like how he started to play Won't Back Down/Driftin', and then stopped to tell us what it reminds him of (the pro-lifers killing a doctor at an abortion clinic/writing that song on Neil Young's driveway). he is always this way, but I felt it even more that night.

My favorite (besides the Dave & Bush comments...okay one of many faves) was when he told Matt,
    "The voice of a generation would like you to get off the stage!" It must have been in reference to Matt's speech on Monday, and Ed didn't want any more praise.

Can anyone give some info on how the show went Monday...were you there then as well??

OH MY, this all sounds really cool. Come on Ed, do about a million of these shows so we can all go to them in small groups and cutie venues. Come on! ...pretty please....
    Why not be mediocre and be the best at it that you can be?
  • Options
    I wish we could have taken pics! I only saw one camera at the event, one of the Easy Street guys had one.
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    your enthusiasm is infectious, i absolutely love it :D

i can't wait for santa cruz to kick off the ed love! i feel so lucky to get to experience it 3 times :) god, a bit over a week away, eeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Vancouver this year?!?!?! I'll be a bit more prepared this time! hehehe
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    congrats to those who got to go to these shows!!!!!! what a once in a lifetime event!

i feel so happy for you and can feel your gratitude /excitement through your posts...thanks for sharing as much of your experiences as you could with us :)
    Fill the air up with love...
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,537
    any word if they will all be different?

my understanding, based on the reply i received from Brad, is that every city on the EV tour will have a different poster :)

***EDIT: my understanding was WRONG! Brad clarified he NEVER implied there would be a poster, different or otherwise, for every city on the EV tour.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    100 Pacer wrote:
    my understanding, based on the reply i received from Brad, is that every city on the EV tour will have a different poster :)

oh boy, 3 more posters i will need to get framed.....i curse you all for getting me addicted to posters.....bastards!!! ;):D:D
  • Options
    Can anyone give some info on how the show went Monday...were you there then as well??

I was only there on Tuesday...I *think* that is the case for most on this board.
  • Options
    CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    Two questions:

1. Was Ed sporting an Obama 08' button...like on the poster?

2. Was Ed sporting his beard again?
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    SeaTut73SeaTut73 Posts: 458
    Two questions:

1. Was Ed sporting an Obama 08' button...like on the poster?

2. Was Ed sporting his beard again?

1. no

2. yes
    --a--

i'm like an opening band for the sun...
    www.archive73.blogspot.com
  • Options
    CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    SeaTut73 wrote:
    1. no

2. yes

Thanks SeaTut73!

Hey man...I know you're kind of dialed in over there in West Seattle. What have you heard about a new album?

Any buzz on a time frame?
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    PJSEMPREPJSEMPRE Posts: 687
    Congratulations to the fans who attended these shows!
    A great and unique experience.
    Amazing setlists as well.
    Let's say knowledge is a tree, yeah.
    It's growing up just like me.
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    yahamita wrote:
    Vancouver this year?!?!?! I'll be a bit more prepared this time! hehehe
    hahahaha :p

oh i wish love, it'll be santa cruz and both berkeley shows for me :)

i need to get hyped up, i'm not as hyped as i should be. dagnabit lol
  • Options
    Onion ManOnion Man Posts: 17
    Question to the fans that were in attendance:
    Which electric guitar(s) did he play. Just curious. I play and have always been interested in the bands guitars.
  • Options
    Onion Man wrote:
    Question to the fans that were in attendance:
    Which electric guitar(s) did he play. Just curious. I play and have always been interested in the bands guitars.

His black tele, a black uke made to look like his tele, an olympic white strat, his old Martin acoustic, there were a couple of other ones too....at least one more acoustic and electric....and another uke or mandolin. I heard he played a banjo on Monday night!
  • Options
    sennin wrote:
    His black tele, a black uke made to look like his tele, an olympic white strat, his old Martin acoustic, there were a couple of other ones too....at least one more acoustic and electric....and another uke or mandolin. I heard he played a banjo on Monday night!
    is the beard back?
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra