Options

Eddie Vedder Plays West Seattle Monday & Tuesday!!

Comments

• Options
    GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    robbie wrote:
    just got home...... Nice to see everyone that was there. it went from "No way you are getting in" to "be very quiet on the way in" that was the best grouping of words i've heard for quite sometime........

thank you aNiMaL for help getting to this one. no way i could have made it there otherwise.

Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
  • Options
    I have a good feeling that Brad will be selling this through his website, but the real question is when that might happen.
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Okum wrote:
    I have a good feeling that Brad will be selling this through his website, but the real question is when that might happen.

3am sale again? heheheh
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    robbie wrote:
    just got home...... Nice to see everyone that was there. it went from "No way you are getting in" to "be very quiet on the way in" that was the best grouping of words i've heard for quite sometime........

thank you aNiMaL for help getting to this one. no way i could have made it there otherwise.
    My pleasure, sir! Funny how that all worked out! Good times all the way around!!
  • Options
    jamainiacjamainiac Posts: 429
    What a way to spend a rainy Tuesday in West Seattle!!

I'm not sure I'm more in awe of seeing Ed in a room the size of my apartment...

or finally meeting aNiMaL?? ;)

:D WOW!!!
    Exercising her will to lose control...
    she lets go
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    i think the poster is cool !!

congrats to all that got in.

now im really wishing i had a reason other then the solo Ed shows to go to the west coast.

i would love to see this.

have fun at the solo E.V. shows all you lucky ones.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    How was I supposed to know about this? I live in Seattle and I would have loved to go.

How did you guys find out?
  • Options
    congrats to those that attended the concert. That had to be one of the coolest events that a pj fan could have attended.

Is BK's artillery site down for a reason. Do you think he is prepping a poster sale...? I would absolutely love to get a poster from the show via a trade. I would consider trading some vinyl for a poster from this show.

You people are lucky lucky lucky ducks thatt got to go.
    07-02-98, 10-11-00, 04-22-03, 04-23-03, 06-09-03, 06-10-03, 06-18-03, 06-21-03, 06-22-03, 10-02-04, 10-03-04, 10-05-04, 05-16-06, 05-17-06, 05-22-06, 06-24-06, 06-29-06
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    I wonder if einat made it...does anyone know?

oh yeah i tipped her off she was one of the ones outside who get let in for free late.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    So does this mean that nothing is happening on April 1st in Seattle? That would be a real bummer.
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Good for her. I am glad. She did not make the journey from the other side of the world for nothing.

yeah i talked to her briefly just now, she was pretty ecstatic obviously.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    mattseattleusamattseattleusa North Idaho, USA Posts: 346
    Congrats to those that got to go in! I am so bummed that I didn't hear about this till after the fact. Sucks to work the graveyard shift and sleep all day...and to not live close enough to the W Seattle Easy Street. Got shut out for Vancouver..woulda killed to see this. But, nice to see that some cool people from here did experience the sets.

Peace.
    I will not lose my Faith, it's an Inside job today....
  • Options
    i like matt.ci like matt.c Posts: 1,121
    Wow! This must have been sooooo awesome.
  • Options
    sirensunsirensun Posts: 3
    How was I supposed to know about this? I live in Seattle and I would have loved to go.

How did you guys find out?
    That's what I would like to know. And if it's really over and he's not going to play just one more night.
    I've been trying so hard to find out if he was coming here. That can't be it!
  • Options
    abramowpabramowp Posts: 15
    sirensun wrote:
    That's what I would like to know. And if it's really over and he's not going to play just one more night.
    I've been trying so hard to find out if he was coming here. That can't be it!

this may sound rediculous but... someone on the board posted about it earlier in the day and was deleted... so i got curious and did some checking. I talked to a friend of mine who found out from a friend who talked to someone that got a ticket from a friend of a friend of kelly curtis that there was a show going on. we didn't really know where...and we had no tickets ourselves, but took a guess... waited outside for a couple hours and i guess they took pity on our little group and let us inside.

no real trick... just wonderfully dumb luck. who knows he may still do a more public performance at the showbox or something.. he does have some work to do on the lyrics...as usual. :) so maybe another warm up wouldn't hurt.
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    Wow!!!

The first thing came to my mind was, "Did aNiMaL get in??" when I first read this! Glad you got in, aNiMaL, and enjoyed the show considering how upset you were with the tour news. :)

And... Trouble cover? Do we know who loves that here? :)

Mel, I'm terribly terribly sorry I forgot about your birthday! I've been really swapped with my research papers and preparing for my internship! But, happy belated birthday!!!

I thought the poster looked awesome! :D

Congratulations to those who got in!

I had a weird dream over the weekend that someone alerted me at the last minute that eV was playing near my home!!!

It was for senior citizens... hahaha. Go figure, but I was told not to say anything to anyone and to wait in the lobby.

I waited but fell asleep!!!!! Bobby got my message and came...woke me up and the show was over. :-/

He had already seen the show and had tried to wake me up but I hissed at him and went back to sleep in the lobby. :p

When you snooze, you lose! :D

Again, congratulations!
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    maccimacci Posts: 1,057
    All hail the lucky ones...congrats to those who attended!!!!! =)
    My lips are shaking.......
  • Options
    Just curious as to what he said about Dave Matthews and the Oscars?
  • Options
    UKpearljammerUKpearljammer Bath, UK Posts: 910
    Very cool getting to experience these shows. It's great to see that things can still be kept secret too, although I feel for those in the area that missed out, I know I woulda been pissed off had it been me. Still sure he'll do another show in Seattle that will be more widely broadcast.
    My PJ shows:
    London 28/10/96, Las Vegas 11/7/98, London 29/5/00, Nurnburg 11/6/00, Prague 14/6/00, Salzburg 18/6/00, Verona 20/6/00, Milan 22/6/00, Zurich 23/6/00, New York 8-9/7/03, Boston 11/7/03, Reading Festival 27/8/06, Shepards Bush 11/8/09, Berlin 15/8/09, Manchester 17/8/09, London 18/8/09, Dublin 22/6/10, Belfast 23/6/10, London (HRC) 25/6/10, Alpine Valley (PJ20) 3-4/9/11, Manchester 20-21/6/12, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14 To be continued....
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    I didn't get personally invited, and I had no right to know about the show or even be anywhere near the show tonight....

BUT I WAS FUCKING THERE!!!!!

And I've got the BADASS poster to prove it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha. This post just made my day! I'm super happy for you and everyone else who got to see the show! :)
  • Options
    SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    very cool for all of you... must have been a great show.

I just wish Ed & everyone would stop smoking ciggarettes... it is so bad for your health.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • Options
    sounds sick!
    any pictures floating around??
    is the big labowski beard back?
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • Options
    WHIPSONWHIPSON St. Paul Posts: 86
    What a great poster, I like everything about it! Congrats to all that got in!
    Lolla St. Paul 1992
    Minneapolis 1998
    Minneapolis 2003
    St. Paul 2006
    Kansas City 2010
    Wrigley 2013
    St. Paul 2014
    Wrigley1 2016
    St. Paul Night 1 2023
    St. Paul Night 2 2023
  • Options
    SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    sounds sick!
    any pictures floating around??
    is the big labowski beard back?

there is a link a couple pages back on this thread.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • Options
    LutesLutes Posts: 43
    I was sooo excited I got to go. I wanted to tell people about it but Ed specifically mentioned 3-4 times during the Monday show not to say anything until Wednesday morning.

Does anybody know how tix where distributed for the 2nd night (Tuesday)?
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    Lutes wrote:
    I was sooo excited I got to go. I wanted to tell people about it but Ed specifically mentioned 3-4 times during the Monday show not to say anything until Wednesday morning.

Does anybody know how tix where distributed for the 2nd night (Tuesday)?

Awesome, Lutes!!!

I'm very glad that you respected Ed's request to keep it private until today and thank you for sharing it with us today!

What did you like the most about the show??
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    LutesLutes Posts: 43
    IamMine wrote:
    Awesome, Lutes!!!

I'm very glad that you respected Ed's request to keep it private until today and thank you for sharing it with us today!

What did you like the most about the show??

Just the intimate nature of the venue. Ed's convo with the crowd was so genuine. And when he asked us all to help with the lyrics to Won't Back Down it was awesome. I also really liked Broken Hearted..it was very powerful.
  • Options
    I LOVE the poster!
    notice the Obama button in blue on the jacket
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    congrats to those that attended the concert. That had to be one of the coolest events that a pj fan could have attended.
    agreed. hail hail the lucky ones!!