Options

Eddie Vedder Plays West Seattle Monday & Tuesday!!

Comments

• Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,538
    TacoJammer wrote:
    Interesting that Artillery is now back to just the email list page. I wonder if BK will be selling some S/N EV prints soon.

Brad confirmed that he will indeed have the EV Seattle poster (for obvious reasons he didn't specify other dates on the EV tour, if there will indeed be unique posters for each city, as i thought there would be but perhaps i'm mistaken) for sale on the Artillery site AFTER the tour ends,...talk about a clusterfuck when that sale takes place!
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    1- Rockford
    2- Animal
    3- Mensane
    4- Abramowp
    5- Robbie
    6- Einatshaul
    7- Sennin
    8- Jamainiac
    9- Me/...AndPartOfEveryDay: female; longer brown hair in brown hooded puffy vest
    10- Friend of mine/non-message boarder: tall male; short dark hair
    11-
    12-
    13-
    14-
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    100 Pacer wrote:
    Brad confirmed that he will indeed have the EV Seattle poster (for obvious reasons he didn't specify other dates on the EV tour) for sale on the Artillery site AFTER the tour ends,...talk about a clusterfuck when that sale takes place!

cool....remind me....we don't know what the posters will look like 'till we get to the show, right?
  • Options
    senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    1- Rockford
    2- Animal
    3- Mensane
    4- Abramowp
    5- Robbie
    6- Einatshaul
    7- Sennin
    8- Jamainiac
    9- Me/...AndPartOfEveryDay: female; longer brown hair in brown hooded puffy vest
    10- Friend of mine/non-message boarder: tall male; short dark hair
    11-
    12-
    13-
    14-

were all the people from 10C?
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    cool....remind me....we don't know what the posters will look like 'till we get to the show, right?

that's right. i've had the impression all this time that every show on the EV tour will have a unique poster but a friend just told me he was under the impression every show will have an identical poster to the Seattle secret shows with the only difference being venue/city info. clearly only scenario is the case, but i'll know for sure either way if/when Brad emails back OR when i arrive at the venue on April 2nd,...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    100 Pacer wrote:
    that's right. i've had the impression all this time that every show on the EV tour will have a unique poster but a friend just told me he was under the impression every show will have an identical poster to the Seattle secret shows with the only difference being venue/city info. clearly only scenario is the case, but i'll know for sure either way if/when Brad emails back OR when i arrive at the venue on April 2nd,...

when i saw the west seattle poster i thought the same thing that it would be for the whole tour....which is fine but i think bk can come up with 10 different ideas....:)
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    when i saw the west seattle poster i thought the same thing that it would be for the whole tour....which is fine but i think bk can come up with 10 different ideas....:)

i agree, would be interesting to see different posters for each city but at this point i don't know what to think,...part of me is hoping the Seattle poster is unique and i'm able to complete a trade for it in exchange for my Signed EV Vancouver poster as i will hopefully pick up a regular version at the venue.

Just when i thought it couldn't get any more interesting BEFORE the actual shows lol :D

• Options
    UrohawkUrohawk Posts: 77
    I was surprised Ed was knocking on Dave Matthews. Doesn't DM own a house in Wallingford and live here part time?

Also I know he made a joke about not playing Seattle and people flipping him off, but did he actually say why they don't?

It is a perplexing mystery to me. Secret shows are cool and all.....I am extremely jealous of those who went, but it seems reasonable they throw a random show in Seattle once and a while. I am surprised they don't do more benefit concerts or non-tour shows. Certainly very bizarre that Ed wouldn't do a show here since he is touring the West Coast....or even Portland for that matter.
    "pearl jam tickets $150 a pair.....
    the pearl jam coloring book....$200
    multi-millionaires singing a song telling me...
    the gas in their tanks...is like money in the bank
    PRICELESS!!!!!!" -SpeedyMcCready...You may be banned but the message lives on!
  • Options
    holy shit! I just saw the poster, and it is fucking bad ass. I'd give up about half of all the posters I've already bought (21 total) for one of those. I hope some pictures surface of the show.
    "Smokey, this is not Nam, this is bowling. There are rules. If you mark that frame an 8 you are entering a world of pain."
  • Options
    does anyone have any info. on the second night? setlist or anything? seems like all the stories are pertaining to the first night.
    me you wouldn't recall, cause i'm not my former.
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    does anyone have any info. on the second night? setlist or anything? seems like all the stories are pertaining to the first night.
    Everything I have talked about has been all about the 2nd show last night.
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003741807

Tickets to the gigs at Kenyon Hall were sold for $5 by Easy Street Records, with less than 150 people on hand each night. A number of fans who lined up outside the venue but were initially unable to get inside were treated to coffee by the Easy Street staff, before being ushered in gratis after the show had started.

That was us, baby!!!!
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003741807

Tickets to the gigs at Kenyon Hall were sold for $5 by Easy Street Records, with less than 150 people on hand each night. A number of fans who lined up outside the venue but were initially unable to get inside were treated to coffee by the Easy Street staff, before being ushered in gratis after the show had started.

That was us, baby!!!!

i am soooo jealous.....i'm glad you were there....:)
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    I wonder if einat made it...does anyone know?

I found it really sweet and heartwarming that you thought of me. Yes, it was unimaginable luck that I even heard about this. I was just shutting down my office laptop and getting ready to go 'home' (don't really have a home) and rest from the day when I saw equalyworthless's message on my MSN, he picked something up on RM, and asked me about it.

Then, I hystericaly (as always with me) called Easy Street (knew nothing) and the venue (no answer) grabbed my stuff and hopped on a bus to West Seattle, where I began running around from Easy Street (Sweet owner - Matt, said "no more tickets") to some junction (Rockford, Sennin and Jamaniac picked me up weeping on the rainy street corner and calmed me down...). Got to venue, met Animal (finally!) and Robbie (cool to meet you!) and waited in the cold, door closes, listened and sang along outside, got hot coffee (thanks Easy Street again!) got offered cream (?), told about posters, and AAAHHHH - let in to the show (Walk in quietly!).

Eddie on a stool.

Bliss.

Sweet dreams in the night. I do get lucky from time to time.
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Everything I have talked about has been all about the 2nd show last night.

oops...ok, then how about the first night? anybody know anything?
  • Options
    Gather No MossGather No Moss Omaha Posts: 339

Monday 3/24:
    walkin' the cow
    around the bend
    i am mine
    dead man
    society
    no ceiling
    far behind
    rise
    millworker
    broken hearted (on guitar)
    you're true
    goodbye
    trouble
    picture in a frame
    i wont back down
    no more
    if you want to sing out (on banjo!!)
    forever young

Tuesday 3/25:
    walkin' the cow
    i am mine
    dead man
    society
    no ceiling
    i used to work in chicago
    far behind
    rise
    millworker
    broken hearted
    you're true
    goodbye
    driftin' (with harmonica)
    hide your love away (with harmonica)
    guarenteed
    picture in a frame
    i wont back down
    no more
    growin' up (dedicated to Matt)
    forever young
    Buy the ticket, Take the ride..

10/20/91 (Omaha), 7/25/92 (Lolla/Denver), 3/7/94 (Denver), 6/20/95 (Red Rocks), 11/14/97 (Oakland), 6/23/98 (Denver), 10/25/00 (SD), 6/05/03 (SD), 10/8/04 (FL), 7/2/06 (Denver), 7/17/08 (VH1-Who Tribute LA), 10/6/09 (LA), 10/7/09 (LA), 9/3/11 & 9/4/11(PJ20), 12/06/13 (Seattle), 10/09/14 (Lincoln)..
  • Options
    I'm not a poster collector like many other people here are, but I'd really like one of these "secret show" posters. Very cool.
    "I'll end up alone like I began..."

"You need the patience of like a National Geographic photographer sitting underneath the bush in a tent, trying to get a picture of zebras fucking or something for the first time." -Eddie Vedder
  • Options
    Monday 3/24:
    walkin' the cow
    around the bend
    i am mine
    dead man
    society
    no ceiling
    far behind
    rise
    millworker
    broken hearted (on guitar)
    you're true
    goodbye
    trouble
    picture in a frame
    i wont back down
    no more
    if you want to sing out (on banjo!!)
    forever young

Tuesday 3/25:
    walkin' the cow
    i am mine
    dead man
    society
    no ceiling
    i used to work in chicago
    far behind
    rise
    millworker
    broken hearted
    you're true
    goodbye
    driftin' (with harmonica)
    hide your love away (with harmonica)
    guarenteed
    picture in a frame
    i wont back down
    no more
    growin' up (dedicated to Matt)
    forever young

thank you much!
  • Options
    Brad was gracious enough to contact me back with a definitive answer:

posters for the EV tour will NOT be identical to the Seattle poster :)

• Options
    100 Pacer wrote:

thank you and thanks brad....:)
  • Options
    rockfordrockford Posts: 150
    100 Pacer wrote:

Awesome, I'm definitely getting mine framed soon. :-)
    rock musik rockar röv.
  • Options
    Couldn't see if this was posted or not but here's a link to the Billboard article.

• Options
    Gather No MossGather No Moss Omaha Posts: 339
    100 Pacer wrote:

any word if they will all be different?
    Buy the ticket, Take the ride..

10/20/91 (Omaha), 7/25/92 (Lolla/Denver), 3/7/94 (Denver), 6/20/95 (Red Rocks), 11/14/97 (Oakland), 6/23/98 (Denver), 10/25/00 (SD), 6/05/03 (SD), 10/8/04 (FL), 7/2/06 (Denver), 7/17/08 (VH1-Who Tribute LA), 10/6/09 (LA), 10/7/09 (LA), 9/3/11 & 9/4/11(PJ20), 12/06/13 (Seattle), 10/09/14 (Lincoln)..
  • Options
    AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    aNiMaL wrote:

That was us, baby!!!!
    :eek: Oh Snap, Animal! Good for you! It's not the Mega Millions but that is pretty lucky and pretty awesome!
    PS-the Mega is up to $113 mil! get a ticket, this is your lucky week!! Yay for you!
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    *jaw on floor* This is insane!! :D HUGEST congrats to all the lucky ones. Aww especially you guys that were let in after the show started. HOW EXTRA AMAZING IS THIS?! I LOVE IT!! I also love how the shows were all disguised and secretive. Thats awesome! Must of just exaggerated everything even more. Damn!! :D What a super intimate experience. Its like your own personal storytellers with Ed in someone's living room!! WTF?? :eek: haha. That is UNREAL! Back to back nights?! Good lord! I cannot even begin imagine. I'm sooooo thrilled Seattle finally got some special lovin. :)

And those sets too?! *faints* (((:o))) The Into The Wild songs ALONE but then to see songs like Around the Bend and Broken Hearted pop up!!?! *tears* Wow! Wow! Wooow!

HURRY UP NEXT WEEKEND!!!! Holy shit! Is it really that soon???! *screams* This tour is such a dream! What a way to kick it off.

CONGRATS again Seattle!
    *bows down*
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    any pics lucky ones?
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • Options
    CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    I'ts starting to feel real now! 10 days to go!
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    I have been following this thread and I am soooo stupid and i've been kicking myself and banging my head on the table!

I ordered some items last week from Easy Street Records from their online store (which is awesome by the way!) and I got a confirmation email with a message in it about a Into The Wild event.

If I only would of followed my gut instinct and raced down there as fast as my crappy truck would of got me there to beat the closing time of 9pm.

Oh well, I am glad that a bunch of Message Pit members were able to get into the show and share their awesome stories with us!!

I am proud to be a Message Pit Member and a long time Ten Club Member!

Brings back memories of a show at The Showbox that was a special show on September 24, 2004. There were no actual "tickets" for the show and people would show up and flash their IDs and were let in.

A bunch of people were out front waiting to get in but with no luck. I kept telling the people around me that they would let us in. They will let us in! Trust me, they will let us in!!! People started thinking that I was working for the Showbox or something. I just let them know that I had positive attitude and I knew I was going to be let in.

A bunch of people left calling me crazy and I even told a group of girls that I would buy them dinner if they didn't let us in so they stuck around.

Well sure enough right before they took stage they let us in....... hehe We had to make a donation of $20.00 and give our name/address but it was WELL WORTH IT!

I never had to buy them dinner but I got 4 awesome hugs out of it! Ahhh.... memories!

Eddie, i'll see you in Vancouver! Thank you Ten Club for the tickets!!
  • Options
    So it turns out that a co-worker of mine (not even a PJ fan) got a ticket to the Monday show from a friend. He bought two of the posters and sold me one today at cost ($20) since he knew I was a fan. He has a second one and saw what they were going for on ebay today. I tried to talk him out of listing it there. I was showing him some of the other PJ posters on expressobeans.com and he thought the Dusseldorf and DC posters were cool. He said he might be open to some kind of trade. If anyone is interested let me know what you have to offer and I'll pass it on. I'd rather see him trade with someone on here than sell it on ebay. I'm happy for those that got to go to the show, but I wish I could have been there too, and I don't understand why Seattle has been overlooked for larger shows for a while now.
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    *jaw on floor* This is insane!! ....
    HURRY UP NEXT WEEKEND!!!! Holy shit! Is it really that soon???! *screams* This tour is such a dream! What a way to kick it off.

CONGRATS again Seattle!
    *bows down*

VEDHEAD27, do you know that I'm SO looking forward to your fanviews on eV's solo shows in GTF forum??? :D You have a way of coloring your experiences in 3D! I love your energy!

I agree that it was a mind-blowing experience for those lucky attendees!!!

But yeah, I would love to see some pictures! :D

I imagine there weren't... since there were few people and I imagine they would get that look from others if they tried to take pictures?

*pulls out cell phone to take pictures*

*heads turning closer, giving glare looks*

*gulps, puts cell phone back in pocket*

I bet Kerensa was there, taking pictures.... anyone wants to email her and ask her to put 'em up??

Um, I know this is lame...but I'm glad eV grew back his beard. :D:o
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII