Options

Eddie Vedder Plays West Seattle Monday & Tuesday!!

Comments

• Options
    senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    What an awesome experience!

...but I wanted to hear the Mighty WurliTzer!!

:p
  • Options
    stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    My question is....

Why a secret show?

and the posters are already on EBAY!
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    gtrplyrgtrplyr Posts: 115
    stickfig13 wrote:
    My question is....

Why a secret show?

Why not?
  • Options
    FnCircusFnCircus Posts: 439
    congrats to the troopers!

now, since he's in town, here's to hoping Ed comes to the stage on Saturday with Springsteen.....................
  • Options
    stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    gtrplyr wrote:
    Why not?

I mean why not play a full scale show? I'm sure there are thousands of Seattle fans that would have loved to see him.
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    Some details,please! - so who backed Ed up? Just him and the guitar? How was it staged?
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • Options
    SPALMA wrote:
    Some details,please! - so who backed Ed up? Just him and the guitar? How was it staged?

Him and 5+ guitars and a uke....and a harmonica....and some stories.
  • Options
    Urban HikerUrban Hiker Posts: 1,312
    sennin wrote:

I can't wait to hear about ALL of it, since my lame ass had already taken melatonin by the time Greg called. Fuck!

I'm glad you guys went and can share your experience. :)

Edit: Oh, and that Obama pin makes it even more certain that I will be wearing my Nader shirt in Vancouver. :cool:
    Walking can be a real trip
    "We've laid the groundwork. It's like planting the seeds. And next year, it's spring." - Nader
    Prepare for tending to your garden, America.
  • Options
    Oh.....and long live Joe Strummer!!
  • Options
    rockfordrockford Posts: 150
    sennin wrote:

The venue is primarily an organ hall (with a `mighty werlitzer')- the stage is about a foot off the ground, and has an organ taking the left side of the stage, a small staging area for the guitar tech on the right (and the door to the alley on the stage- there is no backstage area). The venue had ~9 rows of chairs set up, with about 5 chairs on the the left and 5 on the right... And there was the 14 of us standing in the back. The chairs had about one empty seat in each row, so I'd guess there was no more than 98-100 or so people in attendance...

Wow, I still can't believe I was there. I love this city. :)
    rock musik rockar röv.
  • Options
    SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    rockford wrote:
    The venue is primarily an organ hall (with a `mighty werlitzer')- the stage is about a foot off the ground, and has an organ taking the left side of the stage, a small staging area for the guitar tech on the right (and the door to the alley on the stage- there is no backstage area). The venue had ~9 rows of chairs set up, with about 5 chairs on the the left and 5 on the right... And there was the 14 of us standing in the back. The chairs had about one empty seat in each row, so I'd guess there was no more than 98-100 or so people in attendance...

Wow, I still can't believe I was there. I love this city. :)

wow... so cool... thanks.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • Options
    chimpatchimpat Posts: 590
    Congrats to all that got in.....what a cool, unique experience.

The poster kicks ass too, so awesome.
    "This is about as perfect a crowd as you can get. I hate to placate, I ain't placating...." - EV, 9/29/96

• Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    no, but you do have one on ebay.

*muffled laughter*

busted...
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    dawngdawng Posts: 644
    damn, I knew I should have gone to easy street! oh well. I hope you all had a great time!
    Check out my Sudsy Chick Etsy Store for all natural homemade bath products!
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856

Yikes . . . busted.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    Several folks got banned for discussing this. Not sure why, it doesn't make any sense, so don't tell me anymore about it!
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    touringfantouringfan Posts: 568
    baby boomers selling you rumors of their history, forcing youth away from the truth of what's real today.
  • Options

lol ouch! Get em' Santos.

On a side note, I hope Ed puts on more than a hour and a half show for his tour. Being that EV solo tickets were the same price as east coast PJ tickets.
    1998-07-10 San Diego
    1998-07-11 Las Vegas
    2000-10-22 Las Vegas
    2000-10-25 San Diego
    2003-06-05 San Diego
    2006-07-06 Las Vegas
    2006-07-07 San Diego

http://www.myspace.com/roccondiego
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    stickfig13 wrote:
    I mean why not play a full scale show? I'm sure there are thousands of Seattle fans that would have loved to see him.

because it's cooler this way.
    and you can charge $5 without causing a riot
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    yahamita wrote:
    Several folks got banned for discussing this. Not sure why, it doesn't make any sense, so don't tell me anymore about it!

I find it hard to believe that people were banned for merely 'discussing' this. I'm sure there were some people who were banned, who didn't get the hint to not post about it....and repeatedly posted about it after their threads were deleted.

It was a small quiet neighborhood....I'm sure they didn't want 12 threads about it and have word spread around.....and end up having 3200 people standing outside a tiny community center.
  • Options
    touringfantouringfan Posts: 568
    sennin wrote:
    I find it hard to believe that people were banned for merely 'discussing' this. I'm sure there were some people who were banned, who didn't get the hint to not post about it....and repeatedly posted about it after their threads were deleted.

perhaps it was a temp ban. I beleive the only reason the subject was taboo was because there was another show scheduled. If that info was widely spread there would have been way too many people at this little place:

http://www.pstos.org/instruments/wa/seattle/kenyon-hall.htm

Think of the nightmare for the folks trying to keep order if 100+ or more PJ freaks were loitering around trying to get in. As you can see now that the shows are down we are free to talk about it. Just my 2 cents.
    baby boomers selling you rumors of their history, forcing youth away from the truth of what's real today.
  • Options
    GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    im so happy for all those who went, a bit jealous, but 99% happy. however, the fact that santos pointed out that someone had a poster on ebay makes me wonder why that person was there. to make a buck? im sure they love pj, and im just being a jealous bitch here... but i assure you, had i gotten the chance to attend a show like that it wouldnt be to buy a poster and have it on ebay the next day.
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • Options
    touringfan wrote:
    perhaps it was a temp ban. I beleive the only reason the subject was taboo was because there was another show scheduled. If that info was widely spread there would have been way too many people at this little place:

Think of the nightmare for the folks trying to keep order if 100+ or more PJ freaks were loitering around trying to get in. As you can see now that the shows are down we are free to talk about it. Just my 2 cents.

EXACTLY correct. There were only 14 of us standing outside....and they let us all in. :)
  • Options
    Burn him at the stake! Just kidding--but that is quite funny you caught him. Some punishment is certainly in order.

That said--I can't say I'm in love with the poster. I think I would only want one if I was at the once in a lifetime show. It kinda has boy bandish vibe--I mean I have a pretty decent man crush on EV, but I don't think I could hang a dreaming poster of him and his baby blues on my wall.

Either way, I don't think it has been said yet, but I for one think it is pretty rad that EV would do a couple shows like this, nice and humble, low-key, intimate benefit shows for kids.

You are a good man Ed Vedder.

I'm happy for everyone that got to attend--except for the ass-hats selling their posters on ebay.
  • Options
    Gmoney wrote:
    im so happy for all those who went, a bit jealous, but 99% happy. however, the fact that santos pointed out that someone had a poster on ebay makes me wonder why that person was there. to make a buck? im sure they love pj, and im just being a jealous bitch here... but i assure you, had i gotten the chance to attend a show like that it wouldnt be to buy a poster and have it on ebay the next day.

Although I find it slightly wrong....I can see why someone would sell a $20 poster they bought at a $5 show on Ebay for $500. I can hardly blame them.

However....I will be auctioning one off.....with 100% of the proceeds going to the Surfrider Foundation. Keep your eyes pealed! ;)

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y281/goodtruant/?action=view&current=Vedder1.jpg
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    THANK ALL WONDERS OF THE Universe that brought me there, to see Eddie Vedder last night. It was magical, watching him pull it off on his own. I thought it was sweet as hell when he was speaking of himself in the royal “We”, since he’s so used to having the band behind him. With his own image alone on the poster, this is some transformation and self-assertion we got to witness last night. I feel very fortunate. It felt so good to gain some new friends, again, under the PJ experience.
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    touringfan wrote:

That makes a lot of sense to me, even if I knew about it and I would have expected my threads to be deleted if I was that dumb enough to post about it.

No, I'm not calling anyone dumb...but it makes a lot of sense, though.

Wow...just wow.

That is every die-hard's dream of seeing their favorite band playing in a place that is so personal.... phew!

And it was a dream come true for those who got in!

Hey, aNiMaL - your prayers were kinda answered, but you were given a better "answer". :D

Way too awesome....
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Ed ackowleged too that they haven't played in actual Seattle in quite a while...

Nice that he has the self-awareness to acknowlege reality. Now I hope he fucking does something about it.

Anyway, congrats to you and the other pit members who made it in! Wish I had been there, I'm sure it was amazing.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    bmwweirdoguybmwweirdoguy Right of Seattle Posts: 228
    Damnit!!!! I live down the street!! Apparently I haven't been spending enough time at Easy Street lately. Sounds like an INCREDIBLE show!
    "Trial and error isn't a bad way to learn how to build an aircraft, but it can be a disastrous way to learn how to build a civilization..."
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    abramowp wrote:
    did i sell any of you half a pack of cigs for a dollar so i could try to buy another poster?

nice meeting you all outside...great bonding experience!

You have a poster on ebay?

How sad is that? :(

I know poster flippers are everywhere and it can not be avoided but you are talking about being so lucky about getting in and all that crap and you have a poster on Ebay?!?!

People would have given an arm and a leg to be there and get a poster to hand in their living room ( I know I would have), and you were selling a half pack of cigs for a dollar to buy another poster to rip people off???

Unless Santos is wrong….and he is accusing you of something you are not doing, then what you are doing is really fucking crappy….
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV